Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 am 
Collector Inspector

This Hall of justice is kind of a crazy idea but I think it will work. I wonder. Buying 6 figures to complete a C+C is one thing, but buying 12!
Wow. I kinda wish they would just sell the Hall of Justice complete as a playset but oh well, this is a nifty experiment worth trying. I'm glad I'm such a DC Infinite Heroes diehard because this is also perfect for me and my DCIH. I'm definitely going to buy all 12 characters to get the Hall of Justice. I can't wait to see what it looks likes. My kids will LOVE this.

The first episode of the show was great. Speedy is kind of a chump though. I hope to see more female characters on the show and in the toyline too.

I'm not sure if I'd buy the 6 inch figures, but I'd buy a Miss Martian for sure and maybe Speedy since we don't have one yet in the DCUC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:13 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Hal Roth wrote:
Amazing news!

I wonder how many waves and how far into 2011 it will take to get the Hall of Justice completed.

Well, the story says buy twelve singles to complete the Hall, guess that would be three waves if the first has four figures in it... Bold move not including Robin, Batman, Superboy or Superman in the first wave of singles, hope this doesn't end up the same way the Infinite Heroes line began... Now, I just gotta hope that the people planning the line have the pieces getting released in such an order that they will all attach to each other in groups and not the lower left corner, the upper right corner, the bottom center and the upper center/left section in the first wave for an example...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

red Ricky wrote:
Derick Deller wrote:
We know how important scale is to the collectors, and we wanted to make the final decision with them in mind. We chose the 4.25 inch scale to allow the fans to display Young Justice in continuity with the Justice League Universe figures they have been collecting for years.

We felt it was important to acknowledge the fact that these two worlds are related and should have likeness in regard to scale.

Before finalizing this decision, we reached out to them to provide feedback and we found that this scale was met with resounding approval. We know just how passionate these fans are, and we didn't want to ignore [them].

Well...

I don't know who Derick Deller is, or where he's been all this time, but I like him! He should be in charge of more stuff!!!

THANK YOU!!!

So DCIH fans are NOT passoniate??? :shock: :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 am 

funtime3 wrote:
This Hall of justice is kind of a crazy idea but I think it will work. I wonder. Buying 6 figures to complete a C+C is one thing, but buying 12!
Wow. I kinda wish they would just sell the Hall of Justice complete as a playset but oh well, this is a nifty experiment worth trying. I'm glad I'm such a DC Infinite Heroes diehard because this is also perfect for me and my DCIH. I'm definitely going to buy all 12 characters to get the Hall of Justice. I can't wait to see what it looks likes. My kids will LOVE this.

The first episode of the show was great. Speedy is kind of a chump though. I hope to see more female characters on the show and in the toyline too.

I'm not sure if I'd buy the 6 inch figures, but I'd buy a Miss Martian for sure and maybe Speedy since we don't have one yet in the DCUC.

Speedy has always been a chump, but then look who his mentor is. At least GA has an excuse, he's rich.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 am 

I too will want the Hall for my DCIH. I think packaging it like this is a good idea, you don't have to buy the playset seperately, but the choice of scale leads me to question Mattel. Of course everything Mattel does leads me to question Mattel. :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

I think Speedy will be around to play a prominent role on the show. Maybe an outsider to the group or something.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

Crap, there goes more of my money. I stopped collecting JLU because i didn't want animated figures anymore. These look great. Me and my son both love the show. That means 2 of each if not 3 . 2011 is going to be expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:16 am 
Infinite Hero

Hmm. Well, I admit I'm bummed that the line won't be in the 3-3/4" scale. I was hoping the YJ toon behind it would give the scale some "oomph", but alas...

They look good.

What I'm curious to see is...they say the line is 4.25 scale. That SHOULD mean that the adults are 4.25" tall and the YJ kids are shorter. But, will that be the case. Or is the line scaled around the kids, making the adults 5" or more?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Jeff Cope wrote:
Hmm. Well, I admit I'm bummed that the line won't be in the 3-3/4" scale. I was hoping the YJ toon behind it would give the scale some "oomph", but alas...

They look good.

What I'm curious to see is...they say the line is 4.25 scale. That SHOULD mean that the adults are 4.25" tall and the YJ kids are shorter. But, will that be the case. Or is the line scaled around the kids, making the adults 5" or more?

I'm guessing the latter, JC.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:23 am 
Brand Manager

LordMudd wrote:
So DCIH fans are NOT passoniate??? :shock: :roll:

CCC.

I think they are. But I don't know if the Animated Style would work with the DCIH line. A lot of people didn't think the Public Enemies figures were a good fit for the DC Universe Classics.

Looking back, the DCIH versions of the Public Enemies characters were very good renditions; but they weren't "animated" versions (as they all kept their normal proportions).

I imagine that Young Justice, being a different franchise, has it's own set of "WB Masters" and they'll want their figures to "stay on model" as often as possible. (This means that if JLU were to end, their tooling would probably get a "second life" as part of Bruce Timm's Green Lantern Series.)

What I'm really curious about, is how the "Adult" figures of the Young Justice line will look. Will Mattel try to "adapt" previous Batman/JLU bucks to fit in with the Young Justice look (I guess by creating new legs); or will they design new figures from scratch.

On a final note...

From what I've seen, the cast of characters of Young Justice isn't that deep (i.e 16 Leaguers & 7 sidekicks). So I wonder if we'll have to buy a series of repaints in order to put together the Hall of Justice.

I remember when Justice League started out. Most waves consisted of the big 7 in all kinds of different cyber suits and whatnots. I hope that doesn't end up being the case here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:29 am 
We're going streaking!

Good news from Derrick Deller! It may even rekindle my interest in JLU, which has waned. Who is The Flash in YJ? Barry or Wally?

red Ricky wrote:
Other bits of Information:
5. So far, the singles will consist of Speedy, Kid Flash, Aqualad and Icicle Jr.

6. 2-packs will consist of Batman & Robin, Flash & Kid Flash, Aquaman & Aqualad.

Why a single of Kid Flash and make a two-pack with him too? I wonder if there will be a difference, besides maybe accessories.

Jim_Abell wrote:
Granted, I'm glad to be getting him, but it strikes me as odd that Speedy is included considering that he "quit" within the first 10 minutes of the episode (before the group even formed).

HEY!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!! Or, maybe I should finally make time to watch this on my DVR :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:39 am 
Aspires to be #1

I CAN'T SEE PICTURES AT WORK! I HATE WEBSENSE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Sweet! And I was hoping they'd have a toyline based on this

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 am 
An Insider

This is just the kind of news I wanted to hear today! Amazing how Mattel can shove a knife in your back with one hand (All the Matty Collector issues, excuses, and all around avoiding the fans) and then use the other hand to make something you really wanted, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:53 am 
Infinite Hero

TRDouble wrote:
Why a single of Kid Flash and make a two-pack with him too? I wonder if there will be a difference, besides maybe accessories.

I'm gonna guess...goggles off (single) and goggles on (two-pack)...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next