Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:58 am 
Loose, Missing Package

red Ricky wrote:
From what I've seen, the cast of characters of Young Justice isn't that deep (i.e 16 Leaguers & 7 sidekicks). So I wonder if we'll have to buy a series of repaints in order to put together the Hall of Justice.

The HoJ is only in 12 pieces according to the article, it shouldn't be hard to get it out between heroes, sidekicks and villains without repaints (the models sheets have shown several alternate costumes, so there may be some repaints but at least they *could* be show-accurate). The stories coming from WB say that we'll see something like 180 DC characters within the first 15 episodes, I'd say that's a pretty good selection for Mattel to choose from.

I'm hoping that the 6" figures stay within the normal 4H style with the 'toon style costumes much like the PE 3 3/4" figures did compared to IH...

TRDouble wrote:
HEY!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!! Or, maybe I should finally make time to watch this on my DVR :P

^^^^^^ THIS!!! WITHOUT A DOUBT, THIS!!! (Sorry 'bout that... oh, and it's Barry -- remember this takes place on Earth-16 so anything is possible)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Great....another line to collect. These are nice.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:06 am 
categorically opposed

Pretty awesome.

I hope the Classics style figures are actually in Classics style with animated costumes, as opposed to the hybrid style of Public Enemies. Based on the character choices, I wouldn't be surprised if they were full-on Classics - Artemis, Aqualad, and Robin.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:07 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I really don't understand all the dislike for the PE series. With the exception of Icicle, I don't think they look all that much out of place with the DCUC proper.

I'll be picking up a couple of the 6 inchers. Aqualad and Artemis for sure, anyway.

Hall of Justice is a pass, though. It won't be anywhere near big enough for DCUC, the only DC line I currently collect. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:11 am 
An Insider

red Ricky wrote:
On a final note...

From what I've seen, the cast of characters of Young Justice isn't that deep (i.e 16 Leaguers & 7 sidekicks). So I wonder if we'll have to buy a series of repaints in order to put together the Hall of Justice.

I remember when Justice League started out. Most waves consisted of the big 7 in all kinds of different cyber suits and whatnots. I hope that doesn't end up being the case here.

The creators of Young Justice stated that over 150 DC characters will appear in the first season of the show. There should be plenty of characters for Mattel to make. Sure you might have JLU scenario where the main characters are re-packed over and over again with some new character. Let's hope Mattel gets it right this time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Man these look good, and I'm thrilled with the scale. Can't wait to get these. And the Hall of Justice C&C is a great bonus. Thanks for the scoop Joe!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:14 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

We have 7 YJ members, so far, plus the core 6 "mentors" of the 16 total available JL, plus the 2 assigned JL (RT and Canary), Guardian and Dubilex, Blockbuster, and the 4 ice villians. That is 30, and we only need 12 for the Hall. I don't think there will be any need for duplication in the first wave.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 am 
Unbreakable

Love the look and scale of the figures. The news of the Hall of Justice makes me think "meh...never cared for it". I guess I will have a Hall of Justice sitting around collecting dust.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 am 

kevfett wrote:
Love the look and scale of the figures. The news of the Hall of Justice makes me think "meh...never cared for it". I guess I will have a Hall of Justice sitting around collecting dust.

Unless you want to sell it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am 
ABS

Funny, for me the really big news is that we are getting Young Justice figures... not the CnC HoJ.

I am so happy that they are going for the 4.25 in scale, it will fit really well not only with JLU figures, but also with Super Powers figures!!!

Funny enough, I was about to start a Icicle Jr. custom myself, which now I won't do as I see a cool figure is coming.

I hope we will see also female figures in the 4.25 in scale, in particular Artemis and Miss Martian.

PS: Please, one of the administrators change this thread's title to Young Justice figures + CnC Hall of Justice coming in 2011

Check http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14514 (New entries! - July 10, 2012)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 am 
Unbreakable

LordMudd wrote:
kevfett wrote:

Unless you want to sell it.

CCC.

I'm far too lazy to sell stuff. I have a person here I will probably give it to if he wants it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 am 
Fugitive Dust

The Hall of Justice was originally created for the Superfriends cartoon, IIRC. After that show ended, we didn't see it for a long time, but the last few years it's been making a lot of appearances. I think this is at least partially due to Alex Ross and his love of all things Superfriends. I know that Alex Toth did a lot of design work on the show. Does anybody know if he designed the HoJ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:16 am 

mentalpower wrote:
Funny, for me the really big news is that we are getting Young Justice figures... not the CnC HoJ.

I am so happy that they are going for the 4.25 in scale, it will fit really well not only with JLU figures, but also with Super Powers figures!!!

Funny enough, I was about to start a Icicle Jr. custom myself, which now I won't do as I see a cool figure is coming.

I hope we will see also female figures in the 4.25 in scale, in particular Artemis and Miss Martian.

PS: Please, one of the administrators change this thread's title to Young Justice figures + CnC Hall of Justice coming in 2011

There is a YJ thread. The title of this one is just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 am 
Unbreakable

Lynndavid wrote:
The Hall of Justice was originally created for the Superfriends cartoon, IIRC. After that show ended, we didn't see it for a long time, but the last few years it's been making a lot of appearances. I think this is at least partially due to Alex Ross and his love of all things Superfriends. I know that Alex Toth did a lot of design work on the show. Does anybody know if he designed the HoJ?

According to Wikipedia:

"The Hall appeared in the very first episode of the Super Friends series, which premiered on September 8, 1973. It was originally drawn by Al Gmuer, background supervisor for Hanna-Barbera for more than 30 years. Gmuer modeled the fortress after the famous Union Terminal in Cincinnati, Ohio, train station turned museum."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I believe it was whoever was responsible for the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090325/ENT/903250327/Meanwhile-at-the-Hall-of-Justice-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next