Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 am 
shirtless hugger

These look cool and that Hall of Justice is awesome. But, does anyone else think this is what will replace JLU at retail? I think Mattel might view this as a way to "freshen" up their product with new character designs and all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 am 
Unbreakable

Matty has already talked about 2011 JLU product and showing new stuff at NY Toy Fair in Feb.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 am 
Fugitive Dust

Thanks, guys. While not always totally reliable, the depth of knowledge of pop culture at Wikipedia is truly remarkable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

What magazine is the article from?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 am 
Unbreakable

It looks like Toyfare.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:46 am 
Collector Inspector

Great, now my SuperPowers Hall of Justice is crying. Hush, little playset. Think of not as being replaced but as getting a sibling. One HoJ for the JLU gang and one for the Infinite Heroes gang!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:54 am 
Wonderdog

This is pretty awesome. I just wish I could see the damn cartoon! I missed it last week, CN doesn't have it online, and it doesn't look like it's scheduled to be repeated any time soon. It's like Justice League Unlimited season 3 all over again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

There are two things that worry me about this line and JLU co-existing...

1. With a focus on show characters even more for 2011, JLU may be out the door if the YJ line has solid sales.

2. With characters like Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, and Robin being part of the original assortments...can they still be made for JLU...and if not how closely will these lines look when put together.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:03 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

j1h15233 wrote:

1. With a focus on show characters even more for 2011, JLU may be out the door if the YJ line has solid sales.

2. With characters like Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, and Robin being part of the original assortments...can they still be made for JLU...and if not how closely will these lines look when put together.

When will we know? Hmmm, NY Toy Fair is in Feb. and Mattel probably wants to put on a big deal presentation so we won't "see" anything until then, but in store we are probably looking at June, which when translated from Mattelspeak usually means Sept. to Nov.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 am 
Kool Moe Dee

These would have been picked up by retailers at the October Toy Fair, so they could start showing up anytime. Also it looks more like these are replacing BBB and JLU is the new DCIH in the grand scheme of boys toys over at Mattel. 2010 was kind of sparse for them in the toy aisles but it looks like 2011 is going to be overflowing.

vc9k

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:24 am 
Aspires to be #1

LordMudd wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

When will we know? Hmmm, NY Toy Fair is in Feb. and Mattel probably wants to put on a big deal presentation so we won't "see" anything until then, but in store we are probably looking at June, which when translated from Mattelspeak usually means Sept. to Nov.

CCC.

If they do that, then YJ won't last long. The show premiers for real in Jan. of 2011, the toys will be announced in Feb, so if they have any sense they'll get them to stores by March at the latest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:53 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

j1h15233 wrote:
If they do that, then YJ won't last long. The show premiers for real in Jan. of 2011, the toys will be announced in Feb, so if they have any sense they'll get them to stores by March at the latest.

You assume Mattel has sense. That is a big assumption. Look at Gentleman Ghost as just one example.

They'll blow it again.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 am 
Brand Manager

j1h15233 wrote:

1- I was worried about that, too. But Young Justice will focus on the Sidekicks. According to the producers, the Justice League's involvement will stay consistent to what you saw in the Pilot. So they'll be background Players at best.

2- The lines will probably "mirror" this. In other words, it's very probable that JLU will remain "the place" to get your fill of the "adult" Super-Heroes. Specially those that don't have sidekicks tying them to the show or a 2-pack. The same probably applies to most Villains who don't have a Batman/Flash/Superman connection.

3- I also think that Bruce Timm put a lot of thought in the design of his Heroes and Villains. And even though I was blown away by how the new Guardian looked (as well as Dubbilex); I was very "underwhelmed" by their versions of Mr. Freeze and Blockbuster. I also think that Captain Cold looked better in the Justice League series.

So, in a head to head competition, I bet the kids would pick the JLU designs over the Young Justice designs, for those specific characters.
Hands down!

4- And finally, I think that the rights to make Robin, Speedy and the rest of the Titans in JLU form, were tied down or limited somehow. I mean, Dick Grayson as Robin is a very recognizable and requested character. So either Mattel is dumb as nails, or DC wanted to push their Dick Grayson as Nightwing agenda and wouldn't allow the figure to get made.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:15 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

joeace any news on DCUC or MOTUC in the book?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:37 am 
An Insider

DC Zombie wrote:
joeace any news on DCUC or MOTUC in the book?

I don't have the issue, as I found the photo on Facebook. But I did see another of the MOTUC figure for April.

SY KLONE !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next