Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:48 am 
Collector Inspector

red Ricky wrote:
4- And finally, I think that the rights to make Robin, Speedy and the rest of the Titans in JLU form, were tied down or limited somehow. I mean, Dick Grayson as Robin is a very recognizable and requested character. So either Mattel is dumb as nails, or DC wanted to push their Dick Grayson as Nightwing agenda and wouldn't allow the figure to get made.

I think they were tied up in complications with Bandai and the Teen Titans TV show. But that's clearly all resolved.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 pm 
ABS

These figures look really cool. Not a fan of the sidekicks, and am really looking forward to seeing the show in hopes it catches my eye. But the fact that there's a collect and connect Hall of Justice will probably FORCE me to buy the line, even if I don't want the figs. at present. However, these figures are not in scale with the JLU. I mean, compare a Martian Manhunter (one of the tallest figures in JLU, going to a bit over 4") to a sidekick figure going at 4.25". I don't know about you, but that's a considerable size difference. I think they'd be compatible with The Batman figures. That could be good news for JLU; it'll mean the 'adult characters' -as someone stated before- are more likely to appear in JLU. Don't think the line will be as successful, though. Cause if the Hall of Justice formula works, I think the only other playset people would buy would be the Legion of Doom headquarters. And that only amounts to 4 waves at most. (Cause I bet they'll only give us half the set in the first wave, something like that.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Umm, Joker not sure what you're talking about to be honest. The scale is VERY compatible unless I'm missing something. The standard JLU figure is 4.5-4.75 inches. Martian Manhunter is taller than that, closer to 5 inches, not 4. Same with the bearded Aquaman. With these at 4.25, it's just about as perfect as it could get in terms of scale.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:28 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
These figures look really cool. Not a fan of the sidekicks, and am really looking forward to seeing the show in hopes it catches my eye. But the fact that there's a collect and connect Hall of Justice will probably FORCE me to buy the line, even if I don't want the figs. at present. However, these figures are not in scale with the JLU. I mean, compare a Martian Manhunter (one of the tallest figures in JLU, going to a bit over 4") to a sidekick figure going at 4.25". I don't know about you, but that's a considerable size difference. I think they'd be compatible with The Batman figures. That could be good news for JLU; it'll mean the 'adult characters' -as someone stated before- are more likely to appear in JLU. Don't think the line will be as successful, though. Cause if the Hall of Justice formula works, I think the only other playset people would buy would be the Legion of Doom headquarters. And that only amounts to 4 waves at most. (Cause I bet they'll only give us half the set in the first wave, something like that.)

If the formula works, it doesn't have to be restricted to this line. They could then do the YJ mountain HQ, Hall of Doom, Titans Tower, JSA brownstone, Batcave, Fortress of Solitude, Paradise Island, Oa, and even ................................................THE LEGION CLUBHOUSE! :shock:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 pm 
Variant Head

I`ll be getting this HOJ for my IH figures. I would collect this line only if it was in IH scale. Anyway, I`ll be getting the figures that comes with the pieces of the HOJ. I really hope these new figures could stand, and that they don`t cancel JLU when they hit the shelves.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 pm 
ABS

texgnome1 wrote:
Umm, Joker not sure what you're talking about to be honest. The scale is VERY compatible unless I'm missing something. The standard JLU figure is 4.5-4.75 inches. Martian Manhunter is taller than that, closer to 5 inches, not 4. Same with the bearded Aquaman. With these at 4.25, it's just about as perfect as it could get in terms of scale.

You're right Texgnome! I'm at work and without a ruler. But I was erroneously assuming the line was 3 3/4", and those are just Marvel Universe toys, and IH (if I'm not mistaken again). Thank you for pointing out that GARGANTUAN faux pas! Okay, so I withdraw my size objection and remain with the previous statement. Although LordMudd makes a good point as well. I guess this time was just trying to find the pebble in the shoe because I wasn't initially taken by the line. Sorry guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They look nice but I definitely won't be buying any of them. They might be the same size as JLU but they certainly aren't the same style, which is great but there is no way I'd insert these into my JLU display. Plus I'm done as soon as JLU ends. To many hassles with Mattel especially.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:42 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

What I know for sure, is that the minute these are up for pre-order, I'm getting two complete sets. I don't trust ANY of you who say you won't be collecting these :lol:. I also don't want to have to worry about when (or if) these will show up at retail.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I won't collect them. Too much 3.75 inch stuff for my budget as is. If I can get the HoJ without buying the figures, I will. If not, I will get only the 12 I need.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm 
Former King of Posts

The JLU scale concerns me. JLU has been plagued with falling over due to skinny legs. I hope this line avoids that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm 
Fugitive Dust

These look really cool....but I would love to see a clearer picture of that article. C&C of the Hall of Justice? That is so awesome! But I am going to hold until they release more details about how big the Hall is.

alcinde4 (x9)
xrmc20
SpyMagician
darkknight30
LordMudd
baddasspk
lilmotto
An-Gel Sakura (x2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:02 pm 
Collector Inspector

alcinde4 wrote:
What I know for sure, is that the minute these are up for pre-order, I'm getting two complete sets. I don't trust ANY of you who say you won't be collecting these :lol:. I also don't want to have to worry about when (or if) these will show up at retail.

Haha, you're totally right. I always make some grand declaration early on that i'm not going to buy this and that and then I do.

I never thought these would be Infinite Heroes. Always had a hunch they would be more like Brave and the Bold or JLU toys. They look very limited in articulation but I hope they atleast don't fall down. I'm after the Hall Of Justice, so I'll probably buy a few figures at retail and then buy the remaining parts on ebay. I quit collecting B&TB and I've really focused my collection on only DCUC and the DCIH scale figures. Can't wait to see this and display my Infinite Heroes on it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:46 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

alcinde4 wrote:
What I know for sure, is that the minute these are up for pre-order, I'm getting two complete sets.

I don't blame you for Pre-Ordering these ASAP based on my experience with JLU.

alcinde4 wrote:
I don't trust ANY of you who say you won't be collecting these :lol:.

You can trust me when I say I won't be buying them lol! Again based on my JLU experience. Not to down anyone else's fun here, they really do look nice but overall they don't sell me. Good luck to everyone who will be going for the Young Justice line. I hope it's a better experience and things actually show up when they should.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

They look good, but I really wish they had knee and elbow articulation. What good is Kid Flash if he can't even do a decent running pose? Why does it always have to be 80's Kenner Star Wars articulation whenever their is a "animated style" figure line? They better at least come with stands if they don't have any knee articulation. Also looks like no ball jointed shoulders, only swivel joints. How is Speedy gonna aim his bow like that? Pocket Heroes, Justice League Unlimited, and Infinite Heroes all over again. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:14 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm waiting to see what the figures look like in person. Though I might want a HOJ anyway, so I'd probably buy them. Would just ebay them and keep the HOJ if they don't blend good enough with JLU.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next