Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:12 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

An interesting spin on the Wonder Man origin.
Spoiler: show
I didn't mind (too much) it straying from the source material. It still ties Simon in sufficiently to the Masters of Evil, and it didn't actually stray all that much from the original story. I wonder if we'll get to see him in his non-ionic form? I liked the nod to his first costume, when he was being transformed.

So Bill, you're the resident Iron Man expert. The armor Tony had on in last nights episode (The huge one during the Wonder Man battle), is that in canon, or was it something specific to the show?

I'm sure Fury has some ulterior motives with Cap. He always does. I'm guessing we'll see more of Black Panther next episode? Maybe? Please?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Saw episodes 3-5 today while home sick. Hadn't seen the show before. I liked it. I guess the thing I like best is they are really pulling out a lot of great Avenger villians. I've never been much of a fan of the Avengers as a team, but they have some pretty cool (and wacky) villians.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

First episode I wasn't a big fan of. That drastic a change of canon was simply unnessary IMO. And Cal, I think the answer to your question is "show specific" to the best of my knowledge.

The banter between Wasp and Thor was very nice. Playing up a bit of Jan's original flirtiness with Thor from the comics. Glad to see Cap's not adjusting perfectly to modern life. It took him quite a while to do so in the comics. Hated how they handled Wonder Man. Just didn't like his design at all (of course, I'm partial to the Safari Jacket costume so what do I know?). Felt MODOK was unnecessary. The original plot would have worked, I think, just have Zola help with the creation instead if they don't want Zemo to be a super-scientist like he was in the comics. Did like the glimpse of the Cosmic Cube. The Red Skrull will have fun with that once he makes his inevitable appearance. Did enjoy some of the interaction between Hank and Tony, though. Not a fan of Tony having a hand in Ultron, though. He's got enough baggage in his backstory. Ultron should stay Pym's baby.

The old guard Avengers fan probably makes me biased, but I give "Everything is Wonderful" a B-.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 pm 

I was disappointed by this episode.
Maybe I built it up too much in my head because Black Panther is one of my favorite characters. Or maybe it was because Thor (and Hulk) was conspicuous in his absence. And is it just me, or does Hank get his ass kicked every time he turns into Giant Man, and he kicks ass when he's Ant Man?? :? I've never liked Klaw as a villain, and this episode didn't help endear him to me any further.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 am 

I actually liked this episode better than last weeks. Excellent character development, if a bit lacking in action. I still have some issues with the "Bat Panther" approach to BP. I was not a fan of his ret-con into "Uber-Panther able to kick everyone's butt" guy in the past 10 years. I also think the whole joining the Avengers in order to spy on them ret-con really stank. However, I must admit, it made him a more intriguing character.

Love that they're still having Cap adjust to modern life, and the fact that he's a soldier who follows orders, even though it's clear he didn't agree with them. Nice foreshadowing of how Cap will eventually supplant Stark as the Avengers foremost leader. Panther's vibranium tech was a bit over the top in some parts (hate the purplish hue of vibranium in action), and I didn't like Klaw's transformation. Hopefully he'll de-volve back into his classic humanoid form in his next appearance. Why make the Man-Ape such a wuss? In the comics, he took down both Panther and Cap without breaking a sweat. I have no problem with him losing, but having to resort to trickery so soon diminishes T'Callah's victory IMO.

I hope Thor's absence will be brought up in future episodes. Looking forward to "Gamma World" next week. It's a 2-parter!

I give Panther's episode an B+.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 pm 

I really enjoyed the Gamma World episodes. It's a good thing I have the series recording or I would have completely missed it, since they changed nights on me.
The team is finally starting to round out. That's good to see. I was really stoked about seeing the U-Foes :D. I don't think I've ever seen them on screen before. The Leader was awesome. Typically arrogant and overconfident. Much to his own detriment. I hope they take the time to develop Black Panther, Hawkeye and Black Widow. There such interesting characters. It'd be a shame to only skim over them. There was no mention to why Thor was absent last week. Maybe they'll get to it later.

Very good episode(s). I can't wait for next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:16 pm 

I am really enjoying this series. It's a lot of fun seeing so many different characters and it really feels like a comic book, where everything is connected and there is a history. I still feel it's completely accessible to people want to start watchign now, though.

I love tha Hydra is getting so much play. Oh, and I was stocked when the U-Foes showed up. Awesome!

I do have a question, though, from the ending of GammaWorld part 2:
Was this the first time we've seen the Crimson Dynamo? I don't remember seeing him in previous episodes or in any of the micro episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 am 

He was there briefly in Breakout Part 1 when a bunch of villains jumped Iron Man at the Vault, Sidewinder.

This was one of the better batch of episodes. Liked the U-Foes except for their take on X-ray. Didn't really like the Hulked out Wrecking Crew that much either. Appreciated the shout out to some of those crazy Hulk villains like the Harpy and Rock. The Hulk/Hawkeye dynamic is playing off the She-Hulk/Hawkeye dynamic from the 80's, I think. The leader was suitably creepy and I enjoyed his metamorphosis into the more bulbous leader he's been for the past 15 years or so. Nice to see Cap still schooling Tony a bit "Leaders lead." LMAO. I wonder how much longer it will be until Cap becomes the leader?

I give Gamma World an "A".

And watch out guys, my DVR is telling me the next new episode will be next SUNDAY. :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 am 

Shellhead wrote:
He was there briefly in Breakout Part 1 when a bunch of villains jumped Iron Man at the Vault, Sidewinder.

Thanks, I'll have to rewatch that one.

I've noticed that this show is all over the place in terms of new episodes. Thank goodness for the DVR. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm 

I really liked the latest episode "Masters of Evil"

I like how
Loki
appears to be the big-baddie. Coolness.

This show is a lot of fun.

I didn notice that the animation seemed to be a little "off" in this episode. everyone seems a little wider and shorter than I remember from the other episodes. Especially Cap. Maybe it was just me, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:14 pm 

Chatter has really died down on this show. I just watched "Masters of Evil" and "459" today.
I liked the way the Masters of Evil each had their own agendas. The Hulk didn't look too happy that Enchantress threw him into the midst of a bunch of Frost Giants :lol:. The fight scenes (to me) have been great for pretty much every show so far. I really like the way the team is starting to round out. I hope Thor gets a chance to shove Mjolnir up Loki's "outbox".

The 459 episode was one of my favorites of the season. Seeing the Kree, and Captain Mar-vell, and the history of the Kree/Skrull conflict was really cool. I can't wait to see Ms Marvel introduced. They're really playing up the the relationship between Jan and Hank. I wonder how far they'll take it :|.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm 

The previews for next week's episode looks fantastic! I can't wait.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:38 pm 

I watched "Widow's Sting" today. Awesome episode.
I think they may have overdone it a bit with Mockingbird's staff, but I loved her overall kickassedness (yes, that's a word, because I just made it up). I even liked the way they made Clint out to be something of a horndog. And that T-Challa and Cap picked up on it, and showed a sense of humor. Maybe I'm just a perv, but did anyone one else notice the ultra seductive way Madame Hydra pulled the pin on that grenade :shock:? Me likey :D. The Skrull reveal at the end was pure gold.
There's really nothing I don't like about this show. Now bring on the action figures Hasbro :mrgreen:. Does anyone know if Hasbro will be doing big reveals like Mattel at NYTF?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:57 pm 
5" Scale

Just finished Gamma World last night and thought it was a awesome show. Even the mrs. laughed when Hawkeye made Hulk laugh :lol: writing, artwork and voice acting is top notch in my opinion. I think it helps having an actual comic writer on the series though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:13 pm 

Just saw today's episode and I really enjoyed it. Perhaps my favorite of the series.

Kang is portrayed perfectly, a solid mix of charisma and arrogance. Loved the debate/fight between Tony and Steve. Captures their personalities just right. The fight scenes were great. We finally got to see the entire team take on a foe no one superhero can defeat. Nice foreshadowing with 42 and Ultron. Love the build-up and the cameo of the FF. It's too bad they probably can't get the rights to use any of the Four as an actual guest star, though. The only thing I don't really care for is the Hulk/Hawkeye relationship. There's no basis for it in the comics and the Marvel Zombie in me keeps thinking "Huh?"

For the first time this season, I'm going to give an episode an "A+"

I'd even say "The Man who Stole Tomorrow" is the best of the season thus far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next