Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels 1:50 Batmobile Series - Will There Be More?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:31 pm 
We're going streaking!

FlaBat wrote:
Today at TRU.

I found one Batman Returns Armored Batmobile, it has a section the slides forward to reveal part of the Batmobile underneath.

I also found a couple of the Batblade, the Batcycle used by Batgirl in Batman & Robin.

I still have not seen the Batman Forever Batmobile or Batman & Robin Batmobile, both of which may mean the end of the line for this series as no new others were seen at SDCC this year.

The pegs for these have disappeared at some of my TRUs and that has me worried. None of these are must haves for me, but I would at least like to see them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 pm 
ABS

Toyman wrote:
It's not part of this series but this past weekend I found the Batmobile from The Brave + the Bold at Target. I had totally forgotten about it until I saw hanging there.

I have a couple questions. Is it only $1? Is it as good of quality as the Batman Hot Wheels series? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Yup, it's only a dollar and change. I'd say the quality is just as good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:55 pm 
shirtless hugger

Boombot wrote:
Toyman wrote:
It's not part of this series but this past weekend I found the Batmobile from The Brave + the Bold at Target. I had totally forgotten about it until I saw hanging there.

I have a couple questions. Is it only $1? Is it as good of quality as the Batman Hot Wheels series? Thanks.

The Batman Brave and the Bold Batmobile is a regular 1:64 scale Hot Wheels car with minimal detailing. I wonder if they will ever have an Elite or more detailed version in that scale like they did with some of the others.

It is smaller than the 1:50 Batmobile series mentioned in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:35 am 
ABS

Well, for $1, I guess you can't complain. I've been looking out for it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 am 
shirtless hugger

Me too, but the eBay scalpers seem to have lots of 4 and 5 of them. I think it will eventually become more available, it's not loved like the 1966 Batmobile was.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:53 am 
Tis' but a pup

So has anyone seen the Series 3 of the 1989 Keaton Batmobile (non armoured) around?

I only ask, as it is shown on the back of the packaging of some the already released Series 3 models.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:00 am 
Damage Control

I'm not sure which series is which anymore, but I've found the final pieces (Batman Forever and Batman and Robin 'mobiles) at Puzzle Zoo and the Mattel store, both in Dallas, TX. I don't recall if those waves included a non-armored Keaton-mobile.

C.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:23 am 
Tis' but a pup

As I noted in my post, the non armoured 1989 Batmobile is shown on the back of several of the other Series 3 vehicles (that I have), so it must be taken that it will be made available at some stage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:26 am 
Tis' but a pup

FYI: The Dark Knight Batmobile (the black tumbler) is also shown on the back of other Series 3 cards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 pm 
We're going streaking!

The only one I am missing is the Batblade, on the back of the Series 3 cards. I have everything else (except the Penguinmobile, which I skipped).

The 1989 Keaton Batmobile that I have is on a Series 2 card. I didn't see it on any of my Series 3 carded Bat-Vehicles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 am 
ABS

I'm hoping they come up with some new ones quickly. I like what the 1:64 (I think?) basic Hot Wheels line has done a little better now with Brave & the Bold and 'The Batman' Batmobiles instead of pretty much just movie Batman vehicles. I mean, who wants anything from Batman & Robin?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

TRDouble wrote:
The only one I am missing is the Batblade, on the back of the Series 3 cards. I have everything else (except the Penguinmobile, which I skipped).

The 1989 Keaton Batmobile that I have is on a Series 2 card. I didn't see it on any of my Series 3 carded Bat-Vehicles.

The Series 3 1989 Keaton Batmobile (non armoured) is shown on the back of the Series 3 1989 Keaton Armoured Batmobile.

PS On the card it is spelled "Armored", whilst the correct spelling is in fact "armoured".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:07 am 
Tis' but a pup

SenTinaL Oz wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

The Series 3 1989 Keaton Batmobile (non armoured) is shown on the back of the Series 3 1989 Keaton Armored Batmobile.

PS On the card it is spelled "Armored", whilst the correct spelling is in fact "armoured".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am 
We're going streaking!

SenTinaL Oz wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

The Series 3 1989 Keaton Batmobile (non armoured) is shown on the back of the Series 3 1989 Keaton Armoured Batmobile.

I will have to look at my Armored Batmobile cardback again.

And in the USA, we spell it 'armored,' but in Canada, and apparently Australia :wink: , it is spelled, 'armoured'. Like 'color' and 'colour' and 'flavor' and 'flavour'! In American English, we mostly use -or, while British English uses the -our in their spellings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next