Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: EMCE STAR TREK Retro ????
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:20 pm 
Knows his stuff

I see @ BigBadToyStore.com they have the pre-order for the: Emce Star Trek Retro: Captain Pike & Salt Vampire figure Set. I thought it was supposed to be set1: Pike & Vina (Orion Slave Girl) & then set2: Nurse Chapel & Salt Vampire. Now I'm upset if they are not going to release Nurse Chapel & the Orion Slave Girl! Has anyone heard anything about these being canceled? It made sense Pike being released W/ Vina due to them being in the same episode.

Post subject: Re: EMCE STAR TREK Retro ????
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:10 am 
Knows his stuff

DOES ANYONE know if EMCE will still rlease the Retro Cloth: STAR TREK series w/ NURSE CHAPEL & VINA? Any other characters slated for future release. I LOVE these & want more!

A few more ?s:
1.) WHEN is NURSE CHAPEL & VINA the Orion Slave Girl being released? Have they mentioned this?
2.) Are there ANY online stores or places that still sell the Previous STAR TREK waves @ a reduced price? Especially SCOTTY, ROMULAN, & Uhura? (I use Scotty & Uhura figures to make Custom Crew members).
3.) Is there anywhere that has specific released information about the next Waves &/or the future of these beyond it?

WISH: That the DC Retro Heroes by Mattel had used these Bodies? God they are SO much like when I was little! I use old Mego Heads for Crew SECURITY "Red Shirts" & buy Uhura dolls to strip & use the uniform on less expensive female Megos I get on Ebay. Has anyone ordered the white female body from Dr. Mego? If so, is it exactly the same as Uhura's body only in white? ?: #4.) does anyone know where you can get custom Female Crew members' DRESSES, like Uhura's only in Blue or Yellow? I have the perfect idea for a custom female Klingon & Romulan crew members but my friends who sew so it's too hard to use the sewing machine on such a small scale! I'm good @ sewing though, a button on a shirt but not much better than that!
THANKS 4 ANT info you guys have? ?.#5.) Is there anybody out there? -(Pink Floyd).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:12 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Sounds like they are still on track... I think... according to the most recent Ask DST Q&A.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/11/ask-dst-109/

Someone asked about the Pike and Nurse Chapel and the mention they are still in the approval phase.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'm not really collecting the EMCE stuff, but I may be able to point you in the direction to answer some of your Q's!

A few more A's:
1.) I haven't seen an update on the EMCE shipping dates. Obviously they are late according to the Diamond previews... but that's not unusual.

2.) I doubt your going to find the Romulan discounted as that was the single new figure that every collector wants. But BBTS has Two Packs with Uhura and Scotty discounted right now.

3.) Yes! http://www.artasylum.com/ ,AA is DSTs inhouse design company. They have Q&A's about all the lines DST makes... but sadly, there is no real good news for the Trek line.

4.) You could try contacting Dr. Mego (http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page12.html) He actually owns EMCE, and while he doesn't list what your asking about, you may have it on a niche that he'd fill!

5.) Hello!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 pm 
Knows his stuff

JULIUS and Gothneo, Thanks for getting back to me! Since my 1st love is the JLU line, I forget that their are NON-Matty related Q & A's somewhere in the online Galaxy!

BTW - I LOVE: DC RETRO Heroes as my 3rd love, BUT I have only opened a few and so far am VERY disappointed. I wanted to PLAY w/ mine w/ my nephews like my older brother did w/ me with our Mego figures. I opened Green Arrow awhile back & he wasn't bad. I opened Lex Luthor, his legs swing back & forth way too easily (joints tight except where legs meets torso). Then I opened Cheetah, not bad (looks GREAT) but her legs won't hold a position at the hips at all. No kicking stance for me, they swing right back immediately! I opened Superman the other day, put him in his flying position (like I flew my 8" & 12" Mego SM around the house) & was horrified when he just collapses at the waist & slumps over! It looks like he's about to get a FWI (Flying While Intoxicated) :roll: !

Why bring up the Mattel Retro heroes on this forum, Because MY HUGE DISAPOINTMENT w/ the DC RETRO line is that they were NOT put on an EMCE Star Trek BODY! Those are JUST like the Mego IMO & are Grrrreat! (Sorry Tony the Tiger-- I couldn't resist)!

EDIT: I know if the DC Retro HEROES were on the EMCE Trek body they would look too wimpy, BUT I wish they were AS Sturdy as the TREK EMCE bodies & the Boots were WAY thinner! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:26 pm 
Tis' but a pup

When is the Salt Vampire set supposed to ship?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

Fat Valentino wrote:
When is the Salt Vampire set supposed to ship?

HEy Valentino, According to C2E2 (Chicago's Comic Con this past weekend), the:

EMCE STAR TREK: 2011

Captain PIKE & SALT VAMPIRE will SHIP - JUNE 2011.

-----and----

NURSE CHAPPEL & VINA (Orion Slave girl) will SHIP - AUGUST 2011.

I hope they would release a GENERIC CREW case: A combination of a FEW MALE & FEMALE Heads +different Races + eye/Hair colors. Then mix them w/ low lovel (Rank Bands on the sleeves) BLUE, RED, & YELLOW SHIRTS & DRESSES. Some can be Lt. (w/ 1 Gold band) & some can be Yeoman (female Crew dresses w/NO band)!

*DR. MEGO - I'll gladly work w/ you on these 2 EMCE Star TREK cases: 1.) Star Trek CREW & 2.) ALIEN CREWS (w/ supporting Alien crews: Klingons, Gorns, Romulans, ect.

**The GREAT thing about a EMCE: STAR TREK CREW case of Generic CREW members would be the availabilty to MIX & Match to build CUSTOM Star Trek Enterprise CREWS of various sizes!

As for Now I ONLY Have RED Shirts & RED Dresses, using EMCE Scotty & UHURA figs (when they were easy to get around $10.00 ea. - NOt anymore though :( ). The SCOTTY would get the heads removed & replaced w/ a few Mego Walton heads, whereas Lt. UHURA figs were STRIPPED, and all her items where given to female Mego figures, also Waltons in a few cases. I'm out of enought RED dresses & can't find what I'd REALLY LOVE (as well as many other collectors): STAR FLEET: BLUE & YELLOW womens Crew dresses!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am 
Daniel Pickett

Let's see some pictures of your custom crew members!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

Yes, let's see the new recruits.