Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gray Ghost/Warlord JLU 3 packs?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Sorry if this has already been mentioned here. Haven't been on the boards as much as I'd like cause I've been so busy. Anybody know when the Gray Ghost and Warlord 3 packs are supposed to arrive at Target stores?

Post subject: Re: Gray Ghost/Warlord JLU 3 packs?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:29 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

A year and a half from now after everybody buys them at Big Lots for $6.99 and returns them to Target for $15.99. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

I've already had them for a month, so it shouldn't be too much long.Image

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
I've already had them for a month, so it shouldn't be too much long.Image

Yeah, I doubt it'll take too much longer.
Thanks for the responses, guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'd like to think it will be soon but knowing Target and Mattel like I do it's hard to tell when and IF these will show up. With another wave scheduled to arrive at certain E-tailers next month (yeah right) it wouldn't surprise me if that wave made it to Target 1st and maybe we really won't see the Warlord wave until next year. This is the kind of stuff that makes me happy I got them already.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 pm 
Hat Pooper

im pretty sure i read toyguru saying they would be out at the beginning of 2011 somewhere on the mattycollector boards. im sure they'll be arriving soon enough

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm 
Knows his stuff

I guess I'm just NOT that excited about the Deimos/Warlord & Grey Ghost 3pks. because I'm remarkably not that worried about them showing up @ retail! The only time I ever preordered 3 pks. before the Despero/Manhunter case was for the Volcana & Parasite/Stargirl/Aquahands 3pks. I ended up regreting buying the 3 Parasite/Stargirl 3pks. BUT I'm glad I ended up getting the 4 Volcana 3pks. (2 from Ebay & forgot to cancel the 2 from BBTS). I sold 1 Volcana pk. via Ebay for $60 a few years ago & kept the rest & I'm wondering if maybe I'll be pissed I didn't preorder these 3pks. down the road. Usually I always find the 3pks. eventually, But never saw Volcana @ retail, & I found the ONLY Big Barda/Deadshot, Star Saphire/Sand, & Obsidian 3pks. to EVER hit my city! So I wonder will it happen w/ these 2 3pks.? Is it worth the way too high prices @ online stores right now? Probably not. If I buy them now @ the higher prices they'll end up @ Big Lots for $9.00 like the Joker/Black Canary Ho variant & Hawkman/Justice Lord Flash 3pks.! These 3pks. REALLY should of been out in time for Christmas since many mothers/causal JLU buyers would see Batman & Joker and not mind that some boring looking Old man is with them, probably figuring he's a bad guy since his name has Ghost in it! So I'm just going to be patient so I don't end up repeating my Cheetah incident. I wanted a Cheetah right from the beginning (as well as the whole Injustice Gang) & waited over a year for the 3pks. in vain. Then I finally broke down & Ebay'd a single Cheetah for $22 & change S/H included! 2 days before I received my loose Cheetah- I found 1 Cheetah & 1 Batman Beyond /Warhawk 3 pk. @ my Target & grabbed them for $15.99 + tax each. Until recently you could get a Batman beyond/Warhawk 3pk. for $6 & I can still find 2-3 Cheetah packs @ $6 @ discount stores. So I don't want to jump the gun, I just wish BBTS kept my Order for 1 Warlord Case + 1 extra Deimos/Warlord 3pk.!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 am 
Factory Worker

JLU-4-me wrote:
I guess I'm just NOT that excited about the Deimos/Warlord & Grey Ghost 3pks. because I'm remarkably not that worried about them showing up @ retail! The only time I ever preordered 3 pks. before the Despero/Manhunter case was for the Volcana & Parasite/Stargirl/Aquahands 3pks. I ended up regreting buying the 3 Parasite/Stargirl 3pks. BUT I'm glad I ended up getting the 4 Volcana 3pks. (2 from Ebay & forgot to cancel the 2 from BBTS). I sold 1 Volcana pk. via Ebay for $60 a few years ago & kept the rest & I'm wondering if maybe I'll be pissed I didn't preorder these 3pks. down the road. Usually I always find the 3pks. eventually, But never saw Volcana @ retail, & I found the ONLY Big Barda/Deadshot, Star Saphire/Sand, & Obsidian 3pks. to EVER hit my city! So I wonder will it happen w/ these 2 3pks.? Is it worth the way too high prices @ online stores right now? Probably not. If I buy them now @ the higher prices they'll end up @ Big Lots for $9.00 like the Joker/Black
Canary Ho variant & Hawkman/Justice Lord Flash 3pks.! These 3pks. REALLY should of been out in time for Christmas since many mothers/causal JLU buyers would see Batman & Joker and not mind that some boring looking Old man is with them, probably figuring he's a bad guy since his name has Ghost in it! So I'm just going to be patient so I don't end up repeating my Cheetah incident. I wanted a Cheetah right from the beginning (as well as the whole Injustice Gang) & waited over a year for the 3pks. in vain. Then I finally broke down & Ebay'd a single Cheetah for $22 & change S/H included! 2 days before I received my loose Cheetah- I found 1 Cheetah & 1 Batman Beyond /Warhawk 3 pk. @ my Target & grabbed them for $15.99 + tax each. Until recently you could get a Batman beyond/Warhawk 3pk. for $6 & I can still find 2-3 Cheetah packs @ $6 @ discount stores. So I don't want to jump the gun, I just wish BBTS kept my Order for 1 Warlord Case + 1 extra Deimos/Warlord 3pk.!

I agree. I agree. This is the only time I have ever been disappointed with BBTS since I began ordering and dealing with the company several years ago. When I received the emails from BBTSl informing me that my pre-orders of the JLU Warlord and Grey Ghost three packs would not be able to be filled and had been canceled I was dejected. I have always been very pleased with BBTS and both their prices but their services as well.

I am aware that the situation that prompted BBTS to be unable to fulfill the pre-orders for the JLU three packs was out of the hands of BBTS but I am still disappointed. Not only that but now I have to find a way of adding both of the JLU three packs in question to my collection in some manner. I am not looking forward to the time, energy and efforts that it will most likely take for me to add both of the JLU three packs to my near complete JLU collection but it's not like I can just skip the figures. So...it looks like the "thrill" of the hunt for new JLU product is back and in full swing...just like old times.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:06 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They'll be peg warming in 2 months and then everyone will be whining about too much product.

gah...not the colored text posts again....

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:00 pm 
Brand Manager

Alcatraz wrote:
I am aware that the situation that prompted BBTS to be unable to fulfill the pre-orders for the JLU three packs was out of the hands of BBTS

Here's what I don't get...

Mattel claims that they had to cancel BBTS' orders because Target takes precedence.

But in the last couple of days we've seen the so-called "exclusive JLU Line" Pop-up in a Diamond Previews Solicitation, as well as in a new wave of singles (that was probably meant as a refresher for the Christmas Rush).

So what gives? Is Mattel in business with everyone EXCEPT BBTS? Was the Target excuse for dumping BBTS just that? ...another barely thought through tall tale?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm 
3 3/4"

ian5555 wrote:
They'll be peg warming in 2 months and then everyone will be whining about too much product.

C'mon, that's a JLU-4-me trademark! Guapo has his nonsensical rants, this guy types up rants that are color coordinated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:29 pm 
serves the Otter

MisterMiracle wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

C'mon, that's a JLU-4-me trademark! Guapo has his nonsensical rants, this guy types up rants that are color coordinated.

And apparently without paragraph breaks too. I didn't even bother reading that huge mess, and I'll continue to skip his long-winded ramblings until they are properly formatted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

ian5555 wrote:

I'm glad you live in JLU heaven where you find everything without a problem and never have to pay a cent above retail price.

Guys, take it easy on JLU-4-me, he's a good guy. He just likes colorful posts is all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 pm 
Knows his stuff

shabbyblue wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

And apparently without paragraph breaks too. I didn't even bother reading that huge mess, and I'll continue to skip his long-winded ramblings until they are properly formatted.

ian5555 - You are RIGHT, these will probably be peg warmers before too long. I'm not thrilled about these 2 new 3pks. anyways since there is only 1 new character in the Grey Ghost pack & neither of the 2 new characters in the Deimos pack were on my JLU wish list at all. So I'm going to wait & hopefully find them at retail. I have no problem with other people ordering them if they want to, I just don't want to spend the prices these 2 new 3pks. are commanding from online retailers at this point.

MisterMiracle - You realize I do things just for fun & don't take things too seriously. In fact when I'm on here when my nephews are over they ask to pick different colors when I'm posting to see how they'll look.

shabbyblue - I will try to improve my grammatical form & function while posting on AFI since I sometimes fail to realize how important it is not offend others with my grand ignorance. **I will continue to lose much sleep & serenity because you didn't even bother to read my huge mess. I hope I will find the serenity that now escapes me since hearing you will continue to skip my long-winded ramblings until they are properly formatted.

Also, I find that people have mentioned my problems with either grammer or spelling in the past, but say nothing to other people THEY seem to like on here who also frequently post while breaking the same grammatical rules I apparently do, many times worse than I do. Now I don't have a problem w/ that small percentage of people who like me fail to write on here with the same effort & precision we do when composing a professional letter or while authoring articles for scientific journals. lol Seriously though I see more errors on the front page of this website then I do in my postings on here, but I bet I would never see a complaint about the author of the articles on this website which is here for our enjoyment & fun. I also collect toys for my enjoyment & fun, that's exactly why I type this with a smile since i don't take things too seriously, including your critique of my writing format & style shabby. Things like that are just not that important. I will not comment on this again so say what you will.

**I so apreciate AFI & why it's here. I love reading what fellow collectors have to say about their hobby of toy collecting. I find you guys are VERY friendly & super Helpful when I need something or have a question. AFI is the ONLY Toy related source I use online & have so much RESPECT for the people who bring this awesome site to us! I could care less about the presentation, it's why this site is here in the 1st place that makes me love it! Toys & those who Collect them! Thanks You AFI staff I really love this site!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:06 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

bat313 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

I'm glad you live in JLU heaven where you find everything without a problem and never have to pay a cent above retail price.

Guys, take it easy on JLU-4-me, he's a good guy. He just likes colorful posts is all.

Thanks bro, I am too. It's awesome and I rarely even go to Target as I know eventually they will show up. My point is though JLU has not been hard to find at all in time since the 6 pack mess back in winter of 08 (I think) and arguably the firestorm/aquaman wave.

It's a cyclical process here. New wave comes out, people freak out and you see post after post about "why can't I find new product, AAAGGGH up yours Mattel, where's Toyguru???" then 2 months later..."man, pegs are clogged with the latest wave *grumble* *grumble*, where is Toyguru?"

Just have a little patience, you'll get your toys and you'll prolly save some coin in the process.

I'm sure JLU-4-me is a good guy and all but when people type like that I just ignore their posts. That's just me though.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson