Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Futurama Figures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm 
Cold-cast

We will get Lrrr!
This brings us up to Url, Wooden Bender, and Morbo on this wave!

http://gallery.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1172&title=toynami&cat=516

An old photo (Toyfare maybe)

Lrrr

Lrrr (pronounced Lur), voiced by Maurice LaMarche, is ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8. He has an extreme hatred for other beings, often threatening to destroy Earth and its inhabitants. He and his wife, Ndnd (pronounced NnDnda), voiced by Tress MacNeille, go through periodic love-hate cycles. Lrrr and his inner circle are devout fans of 20th and 21st century Earth television which, due to the distance of their planet from Earth, they can watch "live", though Lrrr has a violent hatred of animated shows. Lrrr also has a soft spot for animals, which he tries to hide with his threatening persona. However, Ndnd states that the reason she fell in love with him was because of his sensitive, poetic side.

Post subject: Re: Futurama Figures
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I LOVE Futurama figures... though not as much as the show being brought back! Where did you find these? All I could find (other than online) were lame ass bendies... which I still obsessively bought up ;).

Sweet wooden bender!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 am 
5" Scale

These were on display at SDCC. I've got some pics from the Toynami booth, but I'm too sick to do any downloading and editing to post them. I'm wondering where folks are buying them these days. Most of the FYE and all Suncoasts have shut their doors in my area and my lcbs aren't carrying the latter waves :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:48 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I just picked up Bender the other day at my TRU (near my job) and now have him proudly displayed in my cubicle!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Nice! I stopped by a Toys R Us the other day for the first time in... about ten or so years, but I felt like such a creeper being by myself... I think next time I need to drag my girlfriend along so I get less awkward stares :(

On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they do in fact carry adult oriented action figures! Sadly though mine doesn't carry any futurama yet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:38 am 
5" Scale

Where the hell do you live Matt, that you get stares? Unless you are just downright creepy looking, you shouldn't be getting any looks from folks :lol: As far as Futurama, both Bender and Fry Encore figures are starting to pop up at TRU. Since I'm still looking for the 1st series Fry and Zoidberg to complete my Robot Devil I'm still debating on if I'm going to pick up a Fry. I'll probable do it just in case my search is in vain. Does anyone know if they are doing the same with the rest of the earlier releases?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 am 
Ferret Farmer

Was surprised when I spotted these. Wish the re-releases included the robot parts, would give me a second chance at collecting them. Would have at least picked up Bender, but of course they only had Fry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I have no interest in buying these figures but I saw them at TRU and was very impressed with the heft and likeness of the figures. Excellent job all the way around on these.

Bender's interchangeable eyes is probably the best action feature I have seen for a figure in a long time (ranks right up there with Animal's articulated eyebrow in the old Palisades Muppets' line).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am 
shirtless hugger

The_Donster wrote:
Does anyone know if they are doing the same with the rest of the earlier releases?

I saw these at a TRU in the Bronx the other day. On the back of the packaging were pictures of Leela, Amy and others, with the words "Collect Them All," or something. It seemed like an indication that more re-releases would be coming.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 am 
5" Scale

I got that feeling too GregNYC, especially after seeing Family Guy and Harry Potter figures on the shelves too. Bender is definitely a cool one. I had a buddy on another board make me a custom Golden Bender a while back and like that I can change his expression when the time comes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 am 
shirtless hugger

After seeing the latest episode, "Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences," I really want a Lrr figure.

"I'm Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8. Can I crash on your couch?"

It's been a great season. I'm a little sad that the finale is airing this week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 am 
5" Scale

Oh, most definitely need to see a Lrr. I think he and his wife would make a nice con exclusive because of their size. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the casts signatures at SDCC. I was running a little low on funds and didn't want to spend $80 for everyone except Katie, who we already have a signature of. Hopefully I can track them down again in the future, since I want John to sign a print of GOW print I picked up there. I'm always blown away that this is the same guy who does Bender everytime I play the game or watch Futurama :lol: Marcus Phenix sounds more like his voice than Bender does.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

I stopped by my LCS yesterday to pick up the new wave, but the Wooden Bender was already sold out. Anybody have any luck finding these?

I may have to resort to eBay. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:23 pm 
5" Scale

Online yes, in stores, no :? Was really hoping that TRU would be getting more of the waves in the future. Guess I'll have to wait until our local con to play catch up again :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 am 
shirtless hugger

I found them at St. Mark's Comics in the East Village. The clerk was kind enough to check in the back for me.

Yay! :D

If any other New Yorkers are looking for these, I think St. Mark's has one Bender left (and plenty of URLs).