Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE PLAYSET THREAD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:55 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

jediblood wrote:
LordMudd wrote:
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS YET!!!!!!

Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011

CCC.

Where did you see this?

In the thread by that title under Mattelall.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am 
Hat Pooper

LordMudd wrote:
jediblood wrote:
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS YET!!!!!!

In the thread by that title under Mattelall.

CCC.

Found it, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:16 am 

I was in Big Lots again and noticed that the generic military line now has a HQ playset for $30. It comes with 2 or 3 figures, table, chairs, mapboard, motorcycle, atv, and other misc stuff. I am tempted to get this because it would make a great villians hideout for the heroes to crash into.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 am 
Collector Inspector

Hall of Justice is right up there for me, plus the Batman Returns Batcave as well as the 2004 edition Batcave.

As a kid, Kenner's Death Star Space Station playset, the G.I. Joe Terror Drome and the D&D Fortress of Fangs rocked my G.I. Joe/Star Wars world. The Hall of Justice and the Secret Wars Tower of Doom playsets ruled my Super Powers/sSecret Wars universe (sigh... I still wish they had made the Darkseid's Tower of Darkness!).

Nowadays? I go back and forth on the Justice League Watchtower playset as I think it's just way too limited and small. Some awesome (and often forgotten) ideas for display purposes: let's not forget the WWE Hall Of Pain Playset or their various Back Alley Brawl sets. Set them up with the Spider-Man alleyway playset and you've got a GREAT exterior diorama. The Buffy the Vampire Slayer library set and several Harry Potter playsets are pretty detailed and spacious for displays as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:39 am 
Tis' but a pup

Those Muppet Show playsets were amazing. I bought two "Pigs in Space" sets for use with my Playmates Star Trek guys. The Bratz Dollhouse makes a great Classic Star Trek starbase or a generic modern building for 3.75" all the way to 8". I imagine it could work as the Baxter Building or the Wayne Foundation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

LordMudd wrote:
I was in Big Lots again and noticed that the generic military line now has a HQ playset for $30. It comes with 2 or 3 figures, table, chairs, mapboard, motorcycle, atv, and other misc stuff. I am tempted to get this because it would make a great villians hideout for the heroes to crash into.

CCC.

I'm really starting to get into the playsets, for my modern G.I. Joe collection. I'd like to find this playset that you're talking about. Is it this one?

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ca ... mCatId=bag

There's about 6 or 7 other playsets and vehicles that I'd like to get from this company. I missed out on the hellacious sale (50-75% off :o) they had a couple of weeks ago, because I was still broke from holiday spending.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm 

alcinde4 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

I'm really starting to get into the playsets, for my modern G.I. Joe collection. I'd like to find this playset that you're talking about. Is it this one?

There's about 6 or 7 other playsets and vehicles that I'd like to get from this company. I missed out on the hellacious sale (50-75% off :o) they had a couple of weeks ago, because I was still broke from holiday spending.

Don't know, no pic, just a note it is no longer available. It is a line I talked about in this thread.

Lord Mudd Likes These Figures

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

alcinde4 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

Your link went to went to a page that said this item no longer avaliable. If you do a search for playsets on that page, 9 come up and the one that Lord Mudd is talking about (I believe) is the Peacekeeper Battlefield Playset. I got one at Big Lots right before Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 am 

Yeah, they went fast too.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 am 

DamonJW wrote:
Your link went to went to a page that said this item no longer avaliable. If you do a search for playsets on that page, 9 come up and the one that Lord Mudd is talking about (I believe) is the Peacekeeper Battlefield Playset. I got one at Big Lots right before Christmas.

No that is not it. The one I am refering to is not a ruined bldg, it is a frame bldg with a back wall and a balcony on top. It kind of makes me think of the A-Team. It would probably work great with those figures.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 am 

Here.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:48 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

LordMudd wrote:
Here.

CCC.

Ah! Looks really cool!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 pm 

Yes, because it is generic with it's simple design and color, it could be used with many different action figure lines, even with a bit of a stretch of the imagination, as a piece of the Death Star.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Thanks LM. I could definitely put that to good use. I have no idea why that link isn't working. It worked when I put it up :?. But it was the one that DamonJW was talking about. I'll swing by Big Lots and see if they have anything. The figures I would trash, but the accessories, vehicles and backdrop are pure gold.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

These links might be of interest to some of you:

http://www.ultarama.com/

For the DIY'er Star Wars fans, check out the printable plans and decals on this page:
http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/home/home_asp/home.asp

And of course, Casimir's huge collection of downloadable goodies:
http://www.pilliod.net/Pages/CustomsPage/downloads.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next