Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corgi Batmobile 1:43 line
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:03 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Anyone else totally loving these?? When they first came out, I was mildly interested, but I bought a couple and I am HOOKED!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Corgi Batmobile line
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:06 pm 
Would anyone else out there be interested if Corgi made a version of the All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder BatMobile, er... BatPlane, uh... Batsub... well whatever it's morphed into this issue?

I know, I know... the book so far has been horrible, but I have to admit that Jim Lee's version of the Batmobile (in all it's forms) has really been cool. I'd love to see Corgi make this one. In a perfect world they's give us a boxed set of three in the 1:43 scale in each of it's forms: BatMobile, BatPlane, and BatSub. An 1:18 scale version that you could morph would be awsome too.

I spoke with Corgi in Chicago at Wizard World. The said they already had new designs in the works, including a MothMobile. I figure if they're digging that deep to come up with Bat-Themed vehicles, an All-Star BatMobile shouldn't be that far of a stretch.

So, what does everyone think? Any other fans of this series of cars feel the same? Julius, do you have any contacts at Corgi? (What am I saying? Of course you do. You know everyone. :lol: ) Any chance this could happen? And do you have any other ideas of what may be in the future for this line?

Well, that's enough questions from me. I'll just sit back and read any thoughts you all may have.

-Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:00 am 
We're going streaking!

I probably would; the problem I am having is that I bought my Corgi's from Wal*Mart for the nice price of $6.44 + tax. Of the Wal*Marts still carrying these, they rarely get the newer vehicles (Catmobile, TT Batmobile, 1st Batmobile, etc), or if they do, they sell out so quick that only the older vehicles I already own are left. And with everything I purchase, I can't afford $9.99 (plus shipping in most cases) for these. I wish target carried them, but they haven't been all that cheap lately either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:04 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Would buy in a heartbeat.

I started to pick these up at a hobby shop as the only other place around that carries the line is Wal-mart. I bought the limited edition 40's roadster from the corgi website and will purchase more via this site. It sure saves time and gas money as some of waves are tough to locate. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:45 pm 

TRDouble wrote:
And with everything I purchase, I can't afford $9.99 (plus shipping in most cases) for these. I wish target carried them, but they haven't been all that cheap lately either.

I'm in the same boat; Diamond cancelled my order for the newer stuff, and I don't want to pay the crazy ebay shipping costs. I guess I'll just have to get them at a show or just wait 'till later... :?

Post subject: Corgi Batmobiel Dark Knight Returns
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:24 pm 
my tummy itches

Why hasn't Corgi made a The Dark Knight Returns Batmobile? From what I understand that tank-like Batmobile should be totally under their jurisdiction to make as it is a comic Batmobile and not some other media's version. Who wouldn't buy this version?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:00 am 
proverbial old fart

I wrote Corgi about a year ago asking if they could produce a Whirly-bat and they replied that they would look into it. Not another peep since.

Actually, depending on the licence and the willingness of DC & Corgi to exploit the product line there are a tremendous number of bat-vehicles they could create...

1'st Batplane (had the Bat emblem on the front - never did figure out how the damned thing flew)

Numerous variations of Batplanes

Batcopters

Anybody remember the flying Batcave? (am showing my age with this one)

Batboats

Batsubs

The various Bat-rockets from the 50's comics

Howabout some of Bruce Wayne's personal cars (Rolls Royce, etc.)

Batgirl's cycle

several versions of Robin-mobile

How about an Arrow-car or Arrow-plane from Green Arrow?

:wink:

Post subject: Re: Corgi BatMobiles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:56 am 

thread from the dead!

Just thinking today about how much I miss this line...man, these Corgi Batmobiles were outstanding... :?

Post subject: Re: Corgi Batmobiel Dark Knight Returns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Hal Roth wrote:
Why hasn't Corgi made a The Dark Knight Returns Batmobile? From what I understand that tank-like Batmobile should be totally under their jurisdiction to make as it is a comic Batmobile and not some other media's version. Who wouldn't buy this version?!

For those who don't know, Frank Miller owns the right to all imagery from Dark Knight Returns. You have to pay him separately. DC Direct had to cut him a check for the action figures. If you recall when there was a short segment of it animated for TNBA, even the you can see C Frank Miller in the credits. I wouldn't expect the tank anytime soon unless they pay for it.

Post subject: Re: Corgi BatMobiles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 pm 
We're going streaking!

The Superfly wrote:
thread from the dead!

Just thinking today about how much I miss this line...man, these Corgi Batmobiles were outstanding... :?

Yes they were!