Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WHICH THUNDERCATS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 am 
5th Horseman

As the title says which Thundercats would you like to see:

1) From the 4" Line, obviously done as the others have been done already in this line.
2) From the 6" Line, obviously done as the other have been done already in this line.
3) From the 8" Classic Line, I know one that I want to see and that's Snarf, I loved that character when everybody else hated him.

Post subject: Re: WHICH THUNDERCATS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I only care about the Classics line and, bare minimum, we need to get:

Liono, Tigra, Pantro, Cheetara, the Wilely Kittens (in a 2-pack).
The four main mutants (Lizard, Monkey, Jackel, Vulture)
Mummra (in both forms)

That would be a solid line. Throw in the 3 newer T-Cats and the Lunatics and you've got yourself a winner! :mrgreen:

I don't want to see Snarf (he sucks) or Robobears. I could live with Jaga, the space cop lady, and Pumra. Snowman and Sno-Meow would aslo be nice.

But honestly, I wonder if we'll see anybody after the main T-cats and maybe Mummra. Each mutant will take a lot of unique tooling.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Maybe a Willa since she never got a figure -- (and it needs to come with her creepy voice sound chip)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:33 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I'm only definitely going to get the Classics line. If it winds of being as comprehensive as the MOTUC line I want Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykit, Wilykat, Snarf, Jaga, Mumm-Ra, Jackalman, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, Ratar-O, Ben-Gali, Pumyra, Lynx-O, Snarfer, Rober-Bill, Rober-Belle, Rober-Bert, Willa, Nayda, Mandora, Hachiman, Snowman, Snowmeow, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Hammerhand, Topspinner, Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Grune the Destroyer, Safari Joe, Captain Cracker, Captain Shiner, Mongor, the Driller, Dr. Dometone, Luna, Amok, Tug-Mug, Chilla, Red-Eye, and Alluro. Basically all of the ones LJN made plus all of the ones they SHOULD have made.

If they aren't going to make THAT many they need to stick with Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykit, WilyKat, Snarf, Mumm-Ra, Slithe, Monkian and Jackalman. Those are the essentials.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 am 

Someone's a Thundercat fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 am 

Of the toys more than the show (which was merely passable). I forgot the names of some of the characters I wanted so I looked it up on Wikipedia.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I can safely say I only know a third of those characters on your list, Fone Bone. But now that you've piqued my curiosity, I'll have to wikipedia them myself and see if they're visually interesting enough for me to want them also :wink:.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 am 

I recognize most of them and would like maybe a third of them. At much as I liked the T-cats cartoon when I was a kid, it still had a lot of cheese.

Snarf. Snarf. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am 
Santos L. Halper

Only getting the classics line myself too. Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetra, the kittens, Tigra and Jaga are a must. Maybe even a classic ThunderTank? I loved that thing. But with the figures at 8", I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:13 pm 
5th Horseman

Wow no love for the 4" figures or the 6" figures, it's a shame these look to be cool. However I can understand the fasicination with the 8" figures as I believe thats the height of the He-Man figures (I could be wrong I don't collect any figure line that is bigger than 4").

Although Fone Bone I would love the characters you mentioned then the rest of the Third Earthers and other Characters from Thundercats but done in 4" scale.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I would really like to see Bengali, Pumyra, and Lynx-O in any of the lines.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Not a character, but one of the things I'd like to see in these news lines is a re-done Mumm-Ra's Crypt. I always loved the original, but never had the opportunity to get it so it'd be awesome if they released a new, re-done one complete with Mumm-Ra weak form figure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

As long as I can get Classics versions of a mummified Mumm-Ra, S-s-slythe, Hammerhand, Captain Cracker (lol), The Driller and maybe a Mongor or Grune, I'll be happy, although the evil icy chick from the Rampagers or whatever would be cool as well.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 am 

alcinde4 wrote:
I can safely say I only know a third of those characters on your list, Fone Bone. But now that you've piqued my curiosity, I'll have to wikipedia them myself and see if they're visually interesting enough for me to want them also :wink:.

That's the cool thing about Thundercats (and Silverhawks as well). While it's true the show is bad because it is a half hour toy commercial, BECAUSE it was designed to sell toys all of the character designs were bizarre or funky. I cannot imagine what the writers were smoking when they came up with characters as nuts as Captain Cracker, Mongor or Safari Joe. The Lunatacs are especially memorable.

Silverhawks is even crazier. How about that half robot half lion monster that rides around in a giant space squid? Or the hillbilly guitar player who flew the spaceship and his alien mime sidekick? Or the litte cab driver with the weird bird thing in the back seat?

Trust me, all of the Thundercats I mentioned would make awesome toys. I'd ask for a Silverhawks Classics toyline too but because of how unssucceful THAT show and toyline were it probably will never happen.

GreenArrow wrote:
Although Fone Bone I would love the characters you mentioned then the rest of the Third Earthers and other Characters from Thundercats but done in 4" scale.
Honestly I think the only reason people are excited for the 8 inch line is because they are in the Classic designs. I'd much prefer 4 or 6 inch figures for the classics too because that way they could make vehicles and playsets. But until they DO decide to do that I'm sticking with the 8 inchers. I may get some of the smaller toys eventually but the classics are my priority.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Speaking of Silverhawks, I would love to see Classics figures of them as well! Especially Lady Ga- I mean Melodia!!Image

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.