Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toy Fair 2011 - Green Lantern thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

funtime3 wrote:
here's another really cheesy interview/presentation of the toys featuring Scott Neitlich this time:

http://www.welcometocoastcity.org/green-lantern-news/2011/2/14/green-man-cometh.html#comments

Here's a pretty good photo gallery of the basic figure assortment:

http://dailyblam.com/news/2011/02/13/mattels-green-lantern-movie-action-figure-line-galius-zed-voz-krona-revealed

For the 3.75 inch figures, it looks like we're getting
Tomar-re
Sinestro
Hal Jordan (with Hyper Hammer)
Abin Sur
Guardian (or "Fallen Guardian" as it says on his package...he's in yellow chains?)
G'Hu
Voz ( I think!? The big hairy guy)
"Max Charge" Kilowog (all green version)
The guy with the big head that I can't identify (help?)
It looks like there's a larger Battle Shifters set that comes with a normal Kilowog.

In the video, Scott says they will be in stores May 1. I'll probably getting the basic figures, though I'm disappointed in the articulation and I'll mostly wait for them to hit the discount stores. I'm probably skipping the Movie Masters, but they do look pretty good. I'll probably spring for Rot Top Fan.

Th "guy with the big head" is Galius Zed. Funny because it even says it in the second link. :wink:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:17 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

LordMudd wrote:
MoMoney posted a Matty link in another thread. I found this there.

Green Lantern... and six new Wal-Mart exclusive 2-packs that feature 3 ¾” figures paired with a Guardian of the Universe

CCC.

I am pretty sure I am going to want this set. I would like to know which GL figures it will be, if they are the same as the singles, and what the retail price on them will be. I think I prefer these to the singles because i get 6 Guardians for my OA diorama/playset.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 am 
An Insider

LordMudd wrote:
LordMudd wrote:
MoMoney posted a Matty link in another thread. I found this there.

Green Lantern... and six new Wal-Mart exclusive 2-packs that feature 3 ¾” figures paired with a Guardian of the Universe

CCC.

I am pretty sure I am going to want this set. I would like to know which GL figures it will be, if they are the same as the singles, and what the retail price on them will be. I think I prefer these to the singles because i get 6 Guardians for my OA diorama/playset.

CCC.

I might pick these sets up just for the Guardians, depending on how big they are. I know they are the 3 ¾” scale, but the images looked like the Guardians might be larger than that. Hopefully they will make MM Guardians and I won't have to bother.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 am 
Variant Head

Hey guys! Look at what the brazilian mail bring to my door yesterday:

IMO looks really cool! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:38 am 
Variant Head

Another GL Movie Masters box must be arriving this week (Rot Lop Fan and G'hu). Weird how MM Sinestro didin't show at Ebay until now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:50 pm 
Variant Head

Wow!!! Huge news!

Carded samples of Green Lantern Movie Masters hit Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-GREEN-L ... _500wt_949

Check the pic of back of the card! It says "Largest Collect and Connect figure! 14 pieces!

What's the deal? There will be 14 GL Movie Masters figures excluding G'hu wich was released as part of GL classics wave 2 and don't comes with Parallax piece!

Matty said some time ago the collection would have 12 figures (wich was great IMO), now we know that number excluded 2 figures (maybe the mattycollector oversized figures) and G'hu.
:mrgreen:

I know that most of you aren't interested in MMGL, but I couldn't be happier :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:59 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Do some of the figures come with more than 1 CnC piece then?

Its hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like that Hal comes with 3 of the "arm" pieces. If that is true, how do the rest of the parts break down, and who comes with what?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 pm 
Variant Head

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Do some of the figures come with more than 1 CnC piece then?

Its hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like that Hal comes with 3 of the "arm" pieces. If that is true, how do the rest of the parts break down, and who comes with what?

Check the pic again, it list the figures 1, 2, and three and the corresponding pieces. Each figure comes with one of theses tentacle things.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 am 
Knows his stuff

Frog Man and Kilowog will be available on MattyCollector.com as oversize figures, but it wouldn't make much sense to give them both a CnC piece due to their exclusivity on the website. I like the packaged pics so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:26 am 
Variant Head

Zodach wrote:
Frog Man and Kilowog will be available on MattyCollector.com as oversize figures, but it wouldn't make much sense to give them both a CnC piece due to their exclusivity on the website. I like the packaged pics so far.

I agree with you. It wouldn't make sense, but it's Mattel we're talking about :lol:

Anyway, if you're right (and I really hope you are) we'll see 14 basic figures plus G'hu plus 2 Matty oversised figures, totalling 17 GL Movie Masters figures. That would be amazing!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:04 am 
Variant Head

Man this whole Movie masters line is pretty ambitous coming from the company that gave us Dark Knight Movie Masters.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'll tell you what will happen...they'll ship more wave 1 than there are people on this earth and wave 2 might trickle out like PE wave 2 did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 am 
Variant Head

The only problem IMO is that Parallax doesn't look sooo great. If they have an awesome C&C figure, the line would sell a lot.

Of course, IF (and thatt's a big if) the movie is a huge success you could be sure that the figures will sell. The MM Dark Knight figures were released here in Brazil, but it was so impossible to find them (cause they sold out every time they arrived) that I had to buy mine from Ebay paying international shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 am 
Variant Head

I hate to be negative but I think this line will bomb. I mean they will over ship wave 1, sure thats a given. Also I think Mattel has priced themselves out of the casual buyer market with alot of their products this being one. We Will have to wait and see but I think the fate of this line lies with the collectors and I have no doubt once thingsdo not show up the collectors will be hearing about how it is up to them to buy the opeg warmers if they want any chance of completing the collect and connect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 pm 
Variant Head

PBateman wrote:
I hate to be negative but I think this line will bomb. I mean they will over ship wave 1, sure thats a given. Also I think Mattel has priced themselves out of the casual buyer market with alot of their products this being one. We Will have to wait and see but I think the fate of this line lies with the collectors and I have no doubt once thingsdo not show up the collectors will be hearing about how it is up to them to buy the opeg warmers if they want any chance of completing the collect and connect.

As I've said before, if the movie is a huge success you could be sure that the figures will sell.

We could say by the amount of merchandise that appears everyday that a lot of folks believe it will be a success:

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/03/1 ... ttery-ring

Anyway, here's a cool pic with the 3 series one figures together:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Lantern-Movie ... f94e0#shId

I just hope my figures arrive today :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next