Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' action figures?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm 
PVC

Marvel and Hasbro REALLY should consider releasing some make animated styled action figures for "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!". They can’t just give us an awesome show like this and no action figures. Marvel has a chance to compete with DC and Mattel’s Justice League Unilmited line and I strongly believe this is an opportunity they should take advantage of.

Size DOES matter! If Hasbro would make animated figures in a 4.75 scale (JLU size) that would be good! As a said before, with "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Marvel and Hasbro has a chance to really compete with the JLU action figures and I can't see then gaining ground on JLU with some small 3 inch over-priced figures like their Marvel Universe line (which is NOT gaining on DC Universe).

It would be GREAT if Hasbro made the animated style “Avengers” figures in 6 inch scale like they did with the “Spectacular Spider-Man” line. Another issue is DO NOT leave out female characters. That’s one of the pitfalls their animated lines had and it was a sausage fest of action figures. That was rather foolish!

Post subject: Re: 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' action figures?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

While I disagree with you about the Marvel Universe line (I think it's light years ahead of DCIH), I do agree that Hasbro has to strike while the iron is hot, and give us a kickass action figure line for Avengers EMH. The show has been terrific thus far. They would be remiss not to capitalize on such a golden opportunity. I'm hoping to see a surprise reveal at Toy Fair.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'd be all for this line but prefer them in the 4.75 scale like JLU. I disagree with the Marvel Universe statement as well. I think it is easily the best line out there and is tons better then the DCIH line ever was.

Only reason I could think of why not to do this line is they might be thinking it's a little but overkill with all of the Thor and Captain America lines coming out and Iron Man 2 still on the shelves. Hasbro did the same thing really with Transformers and Gi Joe. As soon as a movie comes out they put all of their focus into it.

Still, I'd love to see these as I really enjoy the cartoon.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I am surprised that a toyline was not announced to coincide with the show. It would have made sense to have both out before Christmas. I would guess, also, anything that gets the name 'Avengers' out there before the 2012 movie has to be good for Marvel, Disney, and future toylines.

Do the ratings matter for a 'toon to get a toyline? If so, how are the ratings for Avengers?

Add me to the lot that hopes the A:EMH is made in scale with JLU.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm 
Fugitive Dust

ian5555 wrote:
I disagree with the Marvel Universe statement as well. I think it is easily the best line out there and is tons better then the DCIH line ever was.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 pm 
PVC

ian5555 wrote:
I'd be all for this line but prefer them in the 4.75 scale like JLU. I disagree with the Marvel Universe statement as well. I think it is easily the best line out there and is tons better then the DCIH line ever was.

Only reason I could think of why not to do this line is they might be thinking it's a little but overkill with all of the Thor and Captain America lines coming out and Iron Man 2 still on the shelves. Hasbro did the same thing really with Transformers and Gi Joe. As soon as a movie comes out they put all of their focus into it.

Still, I'd love to see these as I really enjoy the cartoon.

First I want to thank you all for not flaming me about what I said about Marvel Universe. I do agree that Marvel Universe > DC Infinite Heroes but that's not saying much. Both lines are too small and way overpriced. And that's really all Marvel has to offer in the toy department besides Iron Man galore and that kiddie super hero squad. The 3 inch animated lines were complete crap so I'm hoping for bigger (at least 4.75 scale) and better figures for the animated Avengers. Also, why did they stop making Marvel Legends?

Overkill of the big three may be one of the factors. With quite literally hundreds of Iron Man 2 figures pegwarming at stores, it may an issue. Since Iron Man 2 came out almost a year ago, Hasbro is completely lacking right now. They should just send that crap to Big Lots or back to the factory to re-release them, with a new card, in the Avengers movie line. Are they waiting until the small overpriced Iron Man 2 crap sells before they put out any animated Avengers figures?

4.75 scale Avengers figures would be a refeshing change from the overpriced tiny figures they currently see. Not only kids who watch the show would want these figures, but adult collectors as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:12 am 
The Last Word

The Timm-inspired look is the only thing JLU has going for it. The toys themselves are incredibly cheap. I wouldn't go near anything similar for this show. Hasbro's killer 3¾" Marvel Universe line takes care of all my Marvel needs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 pm 
PVC

Caped Crusader wrote:
The Timm-inspired look is the only thing JLU has going for it. The toys themselves are incredibly cheap. I wouldn't go near anything similar for this show. Hasbro's killer 3¾" Marvel Universe line takes care of all my Marvel needs.

:? Aren't animated figures suposed to look like their animated counterparts. That's the whole point of animated styled figures and we need animated styled figures from The Avengers.

Cheap? Marvel Universe should be cheap, but you certainly can't even say that for those crappy figures, they cost to freakin' much! If they make any small overpriced crappy figures for this line, I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 am 
The Last Word

MadBomber wrote:
:? Aren't animated figures suposed to look like their animated counterparts. That's the whole point of animated styled figures and we need animated styled figures from The Avengers.
Who's we?

MadBomber wrote:
Cheap? Marvel Universe should be cheap, but you certainly can't even say that for those crappy figures, they cost to freakin' much! If they make any small overpriced crappy figures for this line, I wouldn't go anywhere near them.
Sorry Marvel Universe is out of your budget, but there's a lot more to the quality of an action figure than its size. And yes, JLU figures are cheap. I love my collection of them, but I would never buy anything else manufactured so cheaply. Like I said, the Timm style was all it had going for it, and an Avengers animated line wouldn't have that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

MadBomber wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:

While the first couple waves of MU left a little to be desired, Hasbro has really hit its stride with them. You can't tell me the World War Hulk figure is crappy. You may not like the price (and I'm not a fan of them creeping ever closer to $10) but they are becoming better and better as the line progresses.

And many of the Iron Man 2 line, especially the comic based characters were quite good. Were they overproduced? Yes. But so are most movie inspired toys. My only complaint with IM2 is the potential difficulty of finding the final comic wave.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm 
PVC

Caped Crusader wrote:
Who's we?
Fans of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series who would like action figures based on the characters appearing on that particular series.

Caped Crusader wrote:
Sorry Marvel Universe is out of your budget, but there's a lot more to the quality of an action figure than its size. And yes, JLU figures are cheap. I love my collection of them, but I would never buy anything else manufactured so cheaply. Like I said, the Timm style was all it had going for it, and an Avengers animated line wouldn't have that.

It's not just Marvel Universe, any tiny overpriced action figure is out of my budget and I don't care how many points of articulation it has. OK so you wouldn't buy animated Avengers figures if they could reuse bodies like JLU did, even if it means more characters. Fine. Who said Hasbro was going to do that anyway? Hasbro 3.75 inch Marvel Universe figures are better than DC Infinite heroes, why wouldn't they make 4.75 animated figures better than JLU? No the Avengers don't have Bruce Timm's style but the style that the show uses looks good.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

So 3.75 is too small and is overpriced but add an inch to make it 4.75 and add a few dollars and that is not overpriced for a small figure? That makes zero sense.

Just want to point out that MU is more like 4.00-4.50 range depending on the figures. Not that is really matters, just saying.

I'm fine with them not making these as I really do not need another line to get into (just got into Star Wars again) but I can see how they would be cool figures.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:09 am 
The Last Word

MadBomber wrote:
OK so you wouldn't buy animated Avengers figures if they could reuse bodies like JLU did, even if it means more characters. Fine. Who said Hasbro was going to do that anyway?
I actually didn't say anything about reusing bodies, especially since that doesn't bother me. That's not what I meant when I said JLU figures are cheap.

ian5555 wrote:
So 3.75 is too small and is overpriced but add an inch to make it 4.75 and add a few dollars and that is not overpriced for a small figure? That makes zero sense.
Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 pm 
PVC

ian5555 wrote:

If it's more like JLU in size then it's fine, not such a puny figure like non-Hulk MU. And the JLU price hike and Hasbo's prices make zero sence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

It does if you've been paying attention to the world.

Anything oil-based or related is shooting through the roof.

I'm not a fan of inflation, but I recognize it when I see it. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting