Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Attention Customizers And JLU Fans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 am 
Aspires to be #1

There's also a link on the bottom of the page that says order a custom figure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:48 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It is way down here at the bottom of the page. You and Cookie might need to zoom out on the page to see the whole thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 am 
Collector Inspector

whakojacko1976 wrote:

It is way down here at the bottom of the page. You and Cookie might need to zoom out on the page to see the whole thing.

Um there is no scroll bar or zoom option when I go to this page. Could some just click on the order a custom link and then copy and paste here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:41 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:

Um there is no scroll bar or zoom option when I go to this page. Could some just click on the order a custom link and then copy and paste here.

Same problem I was having. I knew I couldn't see the whole page and tried what I could to fix it but couldn't get any scroll bar.

CCC

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 am 
Aspires to be #1

Maybe it's a screen resolution thing or something. I've never had that problem with his site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It doesn't really matter anyway guys. I was just showing you that as an FYI. It's kind of a waste anyhow. You will pretty much get the same results if you just follow the link Tex posted.

But as another FYI if you really want to see the bottom of the page try going to the upper left corner of the FireFox browser where it says "View" and scroll down to the "Zoom" option there. For Internet Explorer try using the "Page" option which should probably be right across the screen from the tab in the browser that says "Glassman's Customs" and scroll down to the "Zoom" option there and try setting it to maybe 75%. Both direction are for the most recent versions of each browser. Just for future use :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:28 pm 
Tis' but a pup

there needs to be a custom data base with pictures and recipes. I made two customs with apple barrel paints and they aren't good but they are good enough to display. I'm not a good customizer but I enjoy repainting figures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Talongar wrote:
there needs to be a custom data base with pictures and recipes. I made two customs with apple barrel paints and they aren't good but they are good enough to display. I'm not a good customizer but I enjoy repainting figures.

There is. http://customjustice.dchallofjustice.co ... board=71.0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

Hey when i clicked that link i get:

'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

And i'm logged in with my user id so i don't get it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:33 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Strange. I don't have that problem when I try to go there. It shouldn't be blocked for any members over there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:38 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

bat313 wrote:
Hey when i clicked that link i get:

'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

And i'm logged in with my user id so i don't get it!

You mean your logged in here or on the Custom Justice site? You realize the link takes you off the AFI boards and into Custom Justice right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm 
Fugitive Dust

you need 2 post counts in order to have access to that board.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 am 
shirtless hugger

BatStew wrote:
you need 2 post counts in order to have access to that board.

Thanks Stew, I did not get a chance to post there yet! Better go introduce myself!

Also, I received my Volcano head cast and she looks excellent! Is there any particular product you recommend for filling in bubble holes? Also, any particular sand paper you recommend using? I can't wait to start putting her together!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:27 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

This probably should be split off and put in the customizing forum but it's already so far off topic, what the heck. :D

LINK

I use Kneadatite (home page above), which is a relatively affordable two part putty. It's what Casimir and lots of others use, so who am I to argue lol? No heating or boiling required, although you do have a limited amount of time before it sets. And Heaven help you if you don't keep your fingers wet lol - it's notorious for catching fingerprints. You can find it at most hobby stores.

As an alternative, Super Sculpy will work and is usually cheaper and more readily available. But it's also more brittle and requires boiling to set. Hope that helps!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 am 
PVC

red Ricky wrote:
vicodinac wrote:
Is there anything that I should look out for in the process (like boiling) that might damage the figure?

LOL, well... you don't boil the water with the figure in it! :P

In this case, you boil water and after the water is hot, you submerge the figure "chest high". The buck and the legs are of 2 different types of plastic, so one gets hot and the other rubbery. The legs are the rubbery ones, and they become easy to mold, reset and/or pop. You can pop them by hand or with a "dull" screwdriver. (That is 'cause you don't want to risk damage with a sharp one).

vicodinac wrote:
Is it easy to put back the original legs once you've taken them out?

Nope. Once you do it, you are pretty much "committed". Plus, once you separate the under seam, it stays like that. Here are some pics to help you along. As you can see by looking at the Superman leg, the diameter is pretty small. Nightwing's is pretty big. As a result, Nightwing's leg would not fit on a "normal" JLU buck. Well, not as it is. But Mattel could easily correct this by "filling in" the inside of the mold/tool the same way they did it in order to give "Hooker Black Canary" her fishnet stockings. Anyways, as you can see from my Kilowog you have two possible options...

1. Use the leg as is, in which case, the under seam will remain separated.
2. Use a sanding tool in order to match the diameter of Kilowog's peg hole to Nightwing's. If done correctly, the under seam will look "closed" even when the figure is placed in a sitting position.

vicodinac wrote:
Skinny thighs don't bother me nearly as much as the height of Bane. He can go in one of the backrows, problem solved!

I actually want Bane to have skinny legs!!! All my reference material shows him having skinny legs. He has them in the Batwoman DVD, Knight Time and Gotham Adventures. Casimir also went out of his way to give him skinny legs when he made his custom; and if you look at Cory Smith's Bane Maquette (pictured below), you'll also notice skinny legs. For me, it makes him different than KGBeast, as well as more show accurate. So I wouldn't change a thing. He is in fact, front and center in my collection.

OMG, I am so glad you told me about the boiling. I was completely read to plop my nightwing in a pot and watch him boil to death.

I think reading through your post a few times I'll try this on some of the extra BTNA batmans I have first then. Again, thank you so much for going over step by step with me and for the helpful pictures.

And you're right, Bane makes more sense with skinny legs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next