Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: whats your Pride and Joy?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

LordMudd wrote:
I would love to see pics of your Remco.

That's what she said. Posted this in Vintage Varieties a few months ago:

Speaking of Remco . . . I'd love to start slowly piecing together a vintage Sgt. Rock collection. I've had trouble so far finding a good guide to all that came out in that line.

Oh, and Black Hole – all I have so far is: Captain Holland, Sentry, VINCent, and Maximillian.
So I need: Alex Durant, Charlie Pizer, Hans Reinhart, Harry Booth, and Kate McCrae
And I dream about: Humanoid, Old BOB, and STAR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:31 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Cantina-Dan wrote:
LordMudd wrote:
I would love to see pics of your Remco.

That's what she said. Posted this in Vintage Varieties a few months ago:

Speaking of Remco . . . I'd love to start slowly piecing together a vintage Sgt. Rock collection. I've had trouble so far finding a good guide to all that came out in that line.

Oh, and Black Hole – all I have so far is: Captain Holland, Sentry, VINCent, and Maximillian.
So I need: Alex Durant, Charlie Pizer, Hans Reinhart, Harry Booth, and Kate McCrae
And I dream about: Humanoid, Old BOB, and STAR

No image, just a little red X. I have all but the last 3 Black Hole, and probably never will. I actually have 8 or 9 Sentrys, but only one with a weapon. I have seen pics that Remco used the same vynyl case as the UM for a Sgt Rock playset but with a different insert. I have only seen the promo pics of it though.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:29 pm 
ABS

Most treasured would have to be this:

as far as toys go, that's a much tougher call.

I have some neat toys.......f'rinstance, these:

but While pricy.....they don't mean as much to me as the toys I actually had and loved when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:57 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I would have to choose my New Adventures of He-Man Skeletor's Havoc Staff! It's one of the only toys I still have from my childhood and I was the only kid around who had one! A couple others had their He-Man Power Swords, but I was the only one with that Havoc Staff!

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 am 
PVC

This snowglobe, which looks a lot better in person when not photographed by my crappy phone. I picked it up for pretty cheap, like $50 because it was on sale/clearance.

My eyes pretty much widened in stunned silence when I saw it. It was the only one left in the store and I don't think it'll be ever made again, not even something similar.

This is my favorite movie, and my favorite scene from this movie. I think many a young girl just thought it was the most romantic thing when he gave her that beautiful library, and wanted one just like it. And it's just sculpted to perfection. The details on the book bindings, the globe that actually spins, and the beautiful rose. Their faces are just perfect too, even Belle's who looks just off and weird in toy form 50-75% of the time. But she looks just like Belle here, and it's quite amazing considering how tiny her face is - that's just fantastic painting and sculpting.

Oh, and it also plays one of my favorite songs from the movie too! Something There.

I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find this, because I don't go into the Disney store as often as I would like.

If I could have this or a complete JLU, STAS, TNBA set with all the characters I wanted, I would choose this. It doesn't get better than a perfect representation of your absolute favorite scene from your favorite movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

My Pride and Joys are rather simple...

The 2005 TARDIS playset

The 2010 TARDIS playset

The Character Options 5" Doctor Who BAF
The K-1 Robot
The Tomb of the Cybermen Cyber Controller
The Gelth Phantom
The Vespiform

The Time Crash SDCC 2008 two-pack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Is that Mulder X-files figure in the Tardis a stand-in for Rory?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

JuliusMarx wrote:
Is that Mulder X-files figure in the Tardis a stand-in for Rory?

That is correct!

I don't care for mixing lines I'm that anal but I do have a few stand ins...

Dana Scully as a stand in for Grace with the 8th Doctor in my picture thread! I also collect the X-Files Cavemen and alien figures to go with my Doctor Who figures! I also use a Spider Smith from Lost in Space as the Lazerus Monster and Robot as Gadget from 'Waters of Mars'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:56 am 
ABS

My Sideshow pf Ash.

22 inches of pure awesomness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:18 pm 
MINT!

I'd like to say my NECA TMNT Raphael figure but... It's definitely the Marching Band Mickey Mouse that I've had since I was two. I think getting it is my earliest memory. I was very sick, sitting on the couch. Horrible rainstorm outside. My dad comes through the door out of breath and drenched and pulls the Mickey out from behind his back. It's my oldest possession :D

Post subject: Re: whats your pride and joy.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 am 
proverbial old fart

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I would have to pick my very first Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal.

The story goes that I was about 1 or so and in the stroller as Mom was pushing me through the store. I reached out and grabbed it and quickly went to sleep.

Mom was loading me in the car before it was noticed and didn't want to risk waking me up by unloading me from the car and bringing the toy back in the store so we kept it (I shoplifted at 1 year of age!).

The Pooh has been on my bed ever since. Took it on every sleepover, took it to college with me, even brought it on my honeymoon.

The damn thing has had almost as many "stitches" as I have and now my son is trying to claim him.

I would gladly give up every other object in my life for that Pooh and would probably risk going back into a burning building to get it.

Hands down, the pride and joy of my collection.

That is a story that would make Woody & Buzz tear up with joy...

Thanks for sharing it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 am 
5th Horseman

My pride and joy has always been my first Star Wars figure which was Snaggletooth w/furry feet, and I have just gotten another Scarabus from the 4 horsemen wish I had gotten on this band wagon a long time ago seeing I missed out on the 7th Kingdom figures, they are going for stupid prices at the min.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 pm 
Resin

My real pride and joys are the customs.

But the most treasured regular toy that I didn't customize too much is the Soul of Chogokin SPEC of the Evangelion 00 Blue.
The design and articulation is miles beyond anything I've ever seen, it's got loads of amazingly cool acessories plus ones I've stolen from other EVAs in other toylines, has lots of interchangeable parts, and it can take all its armor off and just be the revelaed angel inside. Crazyness. Just crazyness.

Post subject: Re: whats your pride and joy.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Mine is close to this: I have one of the three screen-used Rocketeer hero helmets, signed and authenticated by Dave Stevens prior to his passing. Julius has seen it at my home. Probably my crown jewel, don't ask ;)

spacemonkeymikey wrote:
Mine would be my daughter, Zoey.

Other than THAT, I'd have to say this:

My Rocketeer helmet. I know it's not a TOY, per se, but I love it so.

If it HAS to be a toy, it'd be:

UM...I mean THIS:

Sorry. My bad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

joop11011990 wrote:
As the title suggests, whats your favorite most treasured collectable/toy ?

Your only allowed to choose ONE ! yes im being that cruel, just the one thing that you would swap everything else to keep :shock: if you cant decide, you must decide, its crunch time ! imagine someones about to blow your collection up and they offer to let u keep one thing, what would you choose ?

post a picture of it, ramble about it, go nuts ! its your pride and joy so share it :D

p.s: im aware that a thread like this has probably already been posted but its just for fun, please put down your pitchforks and dampen your torches, im new :mrgreen:

Since I could only pick one toy, then I would have to go with my factory sealed Super Powers Collection Robin, on his Wave 1 card.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next