Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Attention Customizers And JLU Fans
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am 
Aspires to be #1

You don't even have to boil the water. You can just heat it up in the microwave for a few minutes and it's more than enough to loosen the plastic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:25 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
So I was watching The episode "Alive!" the other day and thought that Major Disaster might be kinda cool.

1. Hourman's head, torso, legs and hooded cape
2. Tom Turbines Arms
3. Shinning Knight's Tunic (idea by An-Gel Sakura)

And there you have it, minus the Tom Turbine arms.

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 am 
Collector Inspector

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
So I was watching The episode "Alive!" the other day and thought that Major Disaster might be kinda cool.

1. Hourman's head, torso, legs and hooded cape
2. Tom Turbines Arms
3. Shinning Knight's Tunic (idea by An-Gel Sakura)

And there you have it, minus the Tom Turbine arms.

Hey that turned out pretty nice!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 am 

Secret Society member Javelin

Body: Shining Knight
Head: Waverider
Belt: Mirror Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:23 am 

Dr.Destiny

Batstew Skeleton skull head only $3
JLU Hourman cape
STAS Aquaman arms
Red Tornado legs
Shining Knight;s lower tunic.

or, for a talented customizer....

Blue Devil w/sanded down head
JLU Hourman cape
sculptey
paint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:18 pm 
PVC

I finally tried the switching of the legs on a TNBA Hasbro batman and a beat up JLU Superman. Everything popped out great but I'm still experimenting with the underseam stuff. Will be experimenting on a few more hasro Batmans.

I was wondering though, has anyone tried to make Bane with The Batman's Bruce to Bats body? Would it be feasible? (You can tell the bane thing really bugs me)

He is a head taller than most of JLU just as he is. But I figure you could switch his arms (which look ridiculously long anyway, like an Ape's) with Bane's. Then you could either keep the long legs he has or switch them out with TNBA Nightwing's like Red Ricky graciously explained. He'd then be a little shorter than he was at first but not by much, and still much taller than JLU Bane.

His body shape/art also fits in very nicely with JLU figures, particularly the torso. The torso looks very JLUish. It is not wider than say Aquaman but it is longer which gives Bane more height. His seam leg peg area, whatever it's called is also pretty big.

The most that would need repainting would be Bane's belt - convenient because Bruce has a belt area, and Bane's skin on his torso.

And once you're done, Bruce's head (not really that out of scale with JLU) could be used for a JLU Conner Kent Superboy or someone. Anyway, that's who he looks like to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 pm 
serves the Otter

vicodinac wrote:
I was wondering though, has anyone tried to make Bane with The Batman's Bruce to Bats body?

You might as well just try to customize that line's own Bane. It'd be in scale and muscular. In fact, a lot of people have used him as a base for other JLU Villains, like say Validus.
vicodinac wrote:
You can tell the Bane thing really bugs me.

Have you considered the original 'Batman & Robin' Bane? It's still one of the best Banes ever made. And based on the fact that Bane is both Muscular and Vascular... well, he has been added to my "Animated" collection. I think of him as the "comic accurate" version of the character.

Here's the thing...

I'm very obsessive about scale and JLU hardly ever goes over 5.5 inches. And Bane is supposed to be 6'8" all Juiced up. So in my mind, a tall Bane is as bad as a tiny Bane. More so if he is taller than Darkseid who's supposed to be 8 feet tall. So that simple adjustment of making Bane as tall as Green Arrow (who is already too tall for the line), was enough to keep me happy. Anyways, good luck with your quest.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

Does anyone have any ideas for what to do with Stripes regular head versus the suite helmet? I was thinking of leaving the Suite complete and throwing the human head on an extra JLU male buck. maybe the buck with Jacket like Mr. Ts? Or do you think he would walk around in a suite and tie like two-face and Bruce Wayne?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for what to do with Stripes regular head versus the suite helmet? I was thinking of leaving the Suite complete and throwing the human head on an extra JLU male buck. maybe the buck with Jacket like Mr. Ts? Or do you think he would walk around in a suite and tie like two-face and Bruce Wayne?

You mean for like a civilian Pat? On the show he was shown in pants and a button up shirt I believe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 pm 
PVC

red Ricky wrote:
vicodinac wrote:
I was wondering though, has anyone tried to make Bane with The Batman's Bruce to Bats body?

You might as well just try to customize that line's own Bane. It'd be in scale and muscular. In fact, a lot of people have used him as a base for other JLU Villains, like say Validus.
vicodinac wrote:
You can tell the Bane thing really bugs me.

Have you considered the original 'Batman & Robin' Bane? It's still one of the best Banes ever made. And based on the fact that Bane is both Muscular and Vascular... well, he has been added to my "Animated" collection. I think of him as the "comic accurate" version of the character.

Here's the thing...

I'm very obsessive about scale and JLU hardly ever goes over 5.5 inches. And Bane is supposed to be 6'8" all Juiced up. So in my mind, a tall Bane is as bad as a tiny Bane. More so if he is taller than Darkseid who's supposed to be 8 feet tall. So that simple adjustment of making Bane as tall as Green Arrow (who is already too tall for the line), was enough to keep me happy. Anyways, good luck with your quest.

Ah, I didn't know the exact sizes. Thanks for the clarification and the suggestions. I had no idea Darkseid was that tall!

I was mostly just looking at my Bruce Wayne and wondering what to do with him. The Bane thing came to mind. I was thinking of that, because I group all the Batman Rogues together, and most of those are the taller Hasbro. But I think I'll be quite content and lucky if I just do the nightwing leg swap right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 pm 
PVC

bat313 wrote:

I was going to leave my regular head on the body, because imo, real head always >>>>> soulless mask/helmet head as long as there were lots of in-show images of them unmasked in their outfit (I really wish we could have a Batman with Terry unmasked) and then have the helmet near him - ideally him holding the helmet but his clenched hands don't really work for that.

Btw, is there a good, cheap suit and tie base that isn't Hasbro two-face? He's too big and his pose is funny.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

bat313 wrote:

Buy two :twisted: . Display one with the robot head, one with the human head. Take the extra human head and stick it on a sanded down Superman body. Repaint it in the red, white and blue stripes to make Stripesy! It's what I plan to do. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:19 pm 
serves the Otter

vicodinac wrote:
I was mostly just looking at my Bruce Wayne and wondering what to do with him.

I understand. But the only persons I've seen use a "The Batman" buck on JLU effectively, are Bill Burns (of billcustoms.com) and John Bodin. And they saved him for their Amazo; so when it comes to Bane... you are in somewhat "uncharted territory".

link--> http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/customzone/customcon/customcon13/d13bodin1rep.htm

vicodinac wrote:
I group all the Batman Rogues together, and most of those are the taller Hasbro.

I use the original Kenner Bane (Animated) with my BTAS figures as well as the "Batman & Robin" Bane. Plus, Hasbro made their Animated Superman pretty "ripped", so that helps Movie Bane fit in as well.

For TNBA, I use Mattel figures and Mattel figures only. And as a result, the modified JLU Bane fits in well. Still, you should take a look at Mattel's Bane from "THE BATMAN" line. Except for the fact that they colored him red, it's not a bad figure.

Notice his skinny legs! :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 am 
shirtless hugger

texgnome1 wrote:
bat313 wrote:

Buy two :twisted: . Display one with the robot head, one with the human head. Take the extra human head and stick it on a sanded down Superman body. Repaint it in the red, white and blue stripes to make Stripesy! It's what I plan to do. :D

Wow, do you really think he's as big as superman? Not a bad idea but i don't know if i can swing for two. That's pretty steep! Plus i'm running out of physical space!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:

You mean for like a civilian Pat? On the show he was shown in pants and a button up shirt I believe.

Yes, Pat, thank you i didn't know his name! Hmmm I don't think there are any JLU bucks with a button up shirt. maybe the shirt and tie body could work. I wonder how big the civilian head really is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next