Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Futurama Figures
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi, just stumbled across this thread. Have you guys seen the new Futurama figures announced at Toy Fair 2011?

Here are some pictures courtesy of ASMzine:

Figures.com brings you 36 more pictures.

Lots of close-ups you can check out and here's one of most of the display:

My thoughts on these and lotsa discussion over at Peelified. But in a word - the Robot Mafia, Destructor - awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 pm 
ABS

we got encore figures of Fry and Bender.......why can't we get an encore of the most demanded figure?

I missed out on Zoidberg, he's a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

If you've missed out the original Zoidberg, I'd hold off shelling out megabucks on the secondary market, as there's bound to be an encore release of him eventually. Toynami has indicated that they would like to do more encore releases, so I'd think Zoidberg would be first up.

If/when they do rerelease Zoidberg, best to crumpledung him up as there's a lot of pent-up demand for him. The first re-release of Bender shot up in price wildly on the secondary market, which is kind of crazy since he didn't even have the Robot Devil parts. Now Toynami is doing another re-release of him this summer.

Frankly, I don't get why Toynami doesn't just pump out as many of these as the market will bear, as Bender re-releases and probably Zoidbergs as well, are easy money in the bank for them and retailers. With this line getting a second wind this year with lots of big releases, I have to believe another Zoidberg release is going to happen.

PS: Toynami has been known to reply to emails, or at the very least takes note of them, so wouldn't hurt to drop them an email and add to the chorus of people requesting a Zoidberg re-release.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 pm 
ABS

I have the original Bender.

Zoidberg is the only one I missed that I really wanted. And yes, if/when he's announced I will not miss out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 pm 
shirtless hugger

I have the original Zoidberg, as well as the blue, alternate universe version, but I was not quick enough to nab the mating season Zoidberg. It now sells for more than $100 on eBay!

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay that much!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I regret passing up Bender when I saw him :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:09 am 
5" Scale

Don't feel bad, I passed up Fry and Zoidberg(along with his variants) back in the day. Bender seemed to be the easiest to track down, but it took me awhile to find Leela. Still looking for Zoidberg and Fry at a decent price. Since I'm a opener I'm not going to pay that much money for something I'm going to open eventually. Still, with all of the mall specialty stores closing, I'm having a hard time finding these now :|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

I pre-ordered Destructor at SDCC back in July, but I was starting to give up hope that it would actually be made.

Lo and behold, he was sitting on my doorstep when I got home tonight!

I'm so excited! I hope this means the other figures that Toynami revealed will now get made.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm 
5" Scale

Destructor, is that the robot Bender wrestles? I didn't know there was a preorder for anymore figures in this line :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

He was a 2011 sdcc exclusive but there was a very long delay he literally only got shipped out last week, on that note I was curious if anyone might know why toynami seems to have such long delays from the announcement of their lines to them actually hitting store shelve?

I know this threads not related directly but I preordered series 2 of toynamis 4" naruto line back in may 2011 and they were set for a 4th quarter release and now they've been pushed back to the end of this year.

FYI toynami have a Facebook page now they don't post very regularly but it's more often than they update their actual website

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 am 
5" Scale

How much was Destructor originally GregNYC or anyone else who knows? Guess I'll have to track him down and pray he isn't as much as some of the other holes in my collection.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:06 pm 
Collector Inspector

Looks like Destructor is in stock at BBTS for $59.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

They were originally $40 including shipping at SDCC. The price on BBTS is really low, compared to what they're going for on eBay.

Only 1,000 were made, so I'd get one sooner than later. I think the price is only going to go up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 pm 
5" Scale

$20 mark up isn't too bad for it. This might have to wait until payday. Hope they don't sell out before I get some cash :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:20 am 
5" Scale

Looks like I missed out. Well, if I'm lucky someone has one at Emerald City Comicon in a week :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next