Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE LET'S DUMP ON WALMART THREAD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 am 
proverbial old fart

How to read a plan-o-gram:

each page represents the section of peg and shelf space between the poles.

each little box has a description and id of what goes where on the peg/shelf

hope that helps...

My WM finished resetting their post-christmas toy section and the Marvel Super Hero Squad is gone. :cry:

However, the DC version is now on the pegs.
Green Lantern (Hal) - Sinestro in White Lantern coustume
Flash - Captain Boomerang
Firestorm - Deathstorm
Superman - Bizarro

:D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Last time I was in The Mart I was checking out Blu-Rays when here comes this stumbling fool who removed the lid from a Subway cup and then attempts to puke in it...........I try to get some pictures on the Blackberry, drop it and the back flies off, heading toward this moron's puke which is spilling onto the floor, so I done the only thing I could do and flee with my broken phone while trying not to laugh and gag at the same time, my friends looking quite bewildered when I finally found them!

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Last year HEB had this really cool deal on Earth Day, take in 5 plastic bags and get 1 reusable bag free. I got 2.

Last week at Walmart the check out clerk was packing my bags. I had everything lined out how I wanted it. She ignored this and was half packed when I said something about it. She ignored me and finished packing the bag her way, then put i in the basket and decided that she was going to do it my way, took everything out and repacked it. She was very rough with the bag and very sarcastic to me the whole time. I would not normally bother complaining about this, but when I got home I found my bag was torn.

Tonight I ask for a manager when I checked out. The girl said she was customer service and could she help so I old her what happened and that Walmart owed me a bag. She said she could not do that and never did try to get me a manager.

I guess this proves that Walmart people have no integrity.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 am 
5th Horseman

Mudd you were lucky you got one that could communicate with you, they are pretty rare, however saying that the two girls who work in the toy department in my area seem quite intillegent and can hold a proper conversation, plus they are willing to help people.

The others in my Walmart walk (I use that term lightly) around the place in a daze, and only half grunt at you when asked a question, or you get a "I don't know, I didn't stock the shelves" or my fav "Errrrrrr, will this do instead".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:17 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

LordMudd wrote:
Last year HEB had this really cool deal on Earth Day, take in 5 plastic bags and get 1 reusable bag free. I got 2.

Last week at Walmart the check out clerk was packing my bags. I had everything lined out how I wanted it. She ignored this and was half packed when I said something about it. She ignored me and finished packing the bag her way, then put i in the basket and decided that she was going to do it my way, took everything out and repacked it. She was very rough with the bag and very sarcastic to me the whole time. I would not normally bother complaining about this, but when I got home I found my bag was torn.

Tonight I ask for a manager when I checked out. The girl said she was customer service and could she help so I old her what happened and that Walmart owed me a bag. She said she could not do that and never did try to get me a manager.

CCC.

While what did they was wrong, I've gotta say the day I use one of those stupid reusable bags is the day I die.

They just look so dorky when people are carrying the empty ones around with them as they search the store! :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 pm 

Shellhead wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

While what did they was wrong, I've gotta say the day I use one of those stupid reusable bags is the day I die.

They just look so dorky when people are carrying the empty ones around with them as they search the store! :lol:

I am doing my weekly shopping so I use a basket. I just fold it and put it in the child seat part. I like making fewer trips from the car to the house. And considering it was free...

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:32 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You must buy a lot more stuff at Walmart than I do. I can't think of the last time I had to use a cart there. :mrgreen:

Sometimes I'll use one of those hand baskets, but that's about it.

Now when I shop at Sam's Club it's a whole other story!

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:36 am 
proverbial old fart

Unfortunately, some of us have limited choices for shopping alternatives to Wal-Mart. I live 45 miles south of Tulsa and there are two dirty grocery stores other than WM to shop at and absolutely nowhere else to by, oh say, action figures.

This company relies on the captive market in many small towns.

I hate the company, but I can't afford to drive to Tulsa on a whim... :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am 

Glenn2000 wrote:
Unfortunately, some of us have limited choices for shopping alternatives to Wal-Mart. I live 45 miles south of Tulsa and there are two dirty grocery stores other than WM to shop at and absolutely nowhere else to by, oh say, action figures.

I have driven thru there a few times in my life. I feel sorry for you.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:51 am 
proverbial old fart

LordMudd wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

I have driven thru there a few times in my life. I feel sorry for you.

CCC.

LOL! I feel sorry for me too! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I can sympathize with the whole captive market thing. When I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood, MO (affectionately called Fort Lost-in-the-woods), there was a Walmart outside of Post. Whenever we went there, the trip was called Walmartin'. Because that's all there was to do in that little podunk town. Good times...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm 

alcinde4 wrote:
I can sympathize with the whole captive market thing. When I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood, MO (affectionately called Fort Lost-in-the-woods), there was a Walmart outside of Post. Whenever we went there, the trip was called Walmartin'. Because that's all there was to do in that little podunk town. Good times...

That's where my dad did basic.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 am 

I thought I would copy this over here since it fits.

ivelostr2 wrote:
I hit a target and Walmart today...got 4 more AIM soldiers and 2 multiple men. I also found the Avengers and FF 3 packs. Has anyone seen a FF with an half see-though Sue? A friend said there have been some on ebay, but i haven't seen any...

on a side note, has anyone else been astounded at how hard it is for Wal-mart employees to do math?
It took 2 of them and 3 tries with pen and paper to subtract $172-$108 for the people infront of me...and they got it wrong twice. Then the woman tried to price match my figures and she couldn't figure out what half of 6.99 was. I told her it would be $3.49 for one and $3.50 for the other, or just $3.50 each, but she did her own math with pen and paper and came up with $3.45 as half of $6.99, then she couldn't figure out what was wrong with the computer when my total was $6.90...it was really sad...

When I got the bread, the checker said "This is the price, I am going to charge a penny less on this one and that one for a penny." I then explained that process to every checker I went to this week. I haven't looked myself but someone said Walmart says on their site that hey BOGO match, and I am too lazy to go look for the post this morning, but if they are going to do that, they need to fix their computers so the checkers can do it easier.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 am 

Let me preface by saying that I have never gone shopping on Black Friday before. Last night on my way to work I thought I would stop at the Walmart I pass along the way to get 1 figure I needed for a custom.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WALMART PARKING LOT AT CAPACITY BEFORE, EVER! :shock:

I turned around and left. I don't know what it looked like inside and I don't think I want to. Stopped in this morning and the place was dead, and the toy aisle looked like it was hardly touched.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 pm 
proverbial old fart

LordMudd wrote:
Let me preface by saying that I have never gone shopping on Black Friday before. Last night on my way to work I thought I would stop at the Walmart I pass along the way to get 1 figure I needed for a custom.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WALMART PARKING LOT AT CAPACITY BEFORE, EVER! :shock:

I turned around and left. I don't know what it looked like inside and I don't think I want to. Stopped in this morning and the place was dead, and the toy aisle looked like it was hardly touched.

CCC.

Just think about all the stretch polyester straining at the breaking point you missed seeing... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next