Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread -- Jan Sub Now Shippi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm 
We're going streaking!

I know it was mentioned in other threads, but the ECTO-1 Club Subscription for January -- GBII Courtroom Peter & Nunzio Scoleri -- is now shipping. Mine will be here late next week!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 am 
We're going streaking!

I received the latest GB figures the other day, including the club figure, Marshmallow Mess Ray.

Louis Tully is pretty cool. As with most GB figures, the likeness could be better, but in person, you know who he is, so it works. The swappable heads are great with the Terror Dog head fitting over the regular Louis head. The articulation is funky; like the other figures in the line, there is no ab-crunch. But, the whole torso sits on a ball-joint which offers a good range of motion. The legs are new too. They do not have a cut thigh joint and the knees seem cut odd; I actually find them distracting. The feet/shoes seem a little flatter, like they are also a new sculpt. Very interesting!

Marshmallow Mess Ray... isn't much of a mess. He has some gloops and globs on him, but nothing like the last prototype that is shown on Matty.com (although the packaged picture is accurate to what you really get). I liked that one; this is more like before taking a job entertaining kids at a birthday party, Ray and Winston took a job as the GB painters and spilled too much primer on himself. And worse, some of it, like on the legs, look too... uniform, not like a spontaneous mess. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:40 am 
We're going streaking!

Any Ghostbusters fans still out there???

Wonder-Con pictures show Slime-Blower Winston and Ray (they should just make them a two-pack), and Labcoat Egon.

I see on the below shelf six twelve-inch Ghostbusters -- GB I Ray (confirmed on TNI pictures), Peter, Egon, Winston and another Peter. Next to Peter is a GB II Winston w/ Slime-blower, so I am guessing that Peter should be in a GB II outfit... or he will just come with different accessories than Peter 1.

Twelve-Inch Peter & Winston 2-Pack and Ray & Egon 2-Pack are listed as available in July. I hope they spread them out a little. And if Winston got two new head sculpts -- twelve-inch and six-inch -- can we get a new better Ray head sculpt?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Missed the slime blower Ray, have to go back and check that, thanks, TRD! Surprised they're doing another slime blower figure so soon, guess they needed to spread out the tooling costs quickly... Was really hoping for a ConEd yellow jumpsuit figure for the last GB of the year... Hmmm, that still leaves the SDCC item (assuming that we get a GBC figure this year and not something else) and one non-GB character for the regular releases... Not Janine or Dana... Viggo, maybe?...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

i sure hope the sdcc gb item this year isnt another rgb doll, but then, that'll relieve me of the burden of having to find it. oh, s***, wait! i live in la now! i can GO to sdcc! and why would the last non-gb fig this year not be janine or dana? i hope it's dana as zuul, just so they keep with the same theme for a change. then again, there's always gozer. i hope they DONT waste it on viggo or some silly gb2 thing like louis in a ghostbusters uniform. also, isnt it about time for some terror dogs? i LOVE this line, and i really wish it would get even a fraction of the attention JLU and MOTUC gets. oh well, guess you gotta play to your audience.

Last edited by shishalzafrazz on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:17 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Mattel has said that the other non-GB figure for the year isn't Dana or Janine (though it doesn't rule out SDCC). And, if I'm remembering right, one of the Q&As waaaaaay back said that the license doesn't allow Louis as a GB or Janine from the first movie -- seems strange, but could be Moranis and Potts pulling those particular strings...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am 
We're going streaking!

I know they are playing heavy of the four Ghostbusters, but I just want to see some other characters done, preferably from GB I, but I liked GB II enough to want those too. Terror Dogs would be a nice way to finish 2011!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 am 
We're going streaking!

Did anyone else get a subscription renewal e-mail? I did and there isn't any new GB figures for this month!

Is this the kind of nonsense MOTUC subscription holders have to deal with? I would call and see what is going on, but then they might cancel my subscription :roll: It's probably another screw-up with the MOTUC subscriptions, but just in case, watch those credit cards...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

TRDouble wrote:
Did anyone else get a subscription renewal e-mail? I did and there isn't any new GB figures for this month!

Is this the kind of nonsense MOTUC subscription holders have to deal with? I would call and see what is going on, but then they might cancel my subscription :roll: It's probably another screw-up with the MOTUC subscriptions, but just in case, watch those credit cards...

Yep! Got one of those myself. Really don't know what is up with this. As you said, there is NO GB figure for April, so why the notification? As Club Ecto-1 is all I am enrolled in, I cannot say if this is happens to the MOTU members or not. I suspect it does.
Will be watching my cc account like a hawk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
one of the Q&As waaaaaay back said that the license doesn't allow Louis as a GB...

true.
Jim_Abell wrote:
or Janine from the first movie

dammit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 am 
Loose, Missing Package

TRDouble wrote:

I have the combo sub and I've been getting my renewal notices *after* they've charged the account... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Is there any news on reissuing the 12 inch ones? (Not the GB2 two packs)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:15 am 
We're going streaking!

Y2Bogus wrote:
Is there any news on reissuing the 12 inch ones? (Not the GB2 two packs)

No, and I wouldn't really expect it. I think they sold well enough and it was probably customer service inventory that they got rid of during the big holiday sale (which allowed me to get all four, including the Ray I sold), but I would not expect Matty to reissue these outside of what gets released in the 2-packs.

(Not to change the subject, but Matty should release a Superman II/Clark Kent two pack with a new Superman head, or better yet, a set with swappable Supes/Clark head and Clark's suit.)

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: SDCC Stay Puft Probl
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 am 
We're going streaking!

So, I just read THIS over at the Matty.com forum:

Quote:
Hello almighty Toyguru! Some members are concerned with Stay Puft eventually cracking because of his squishiness. Apparently the Stay Puft on tour is cracking already. They are also concerned with how to clean him. Any insight you can give us to ease come concern?

This is the first I have heard of this and there was no response given. I'd like to hear more, but this isn't looking good as a purchase by me...

Post subject: Re: The UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: SDCC Stay Puft Probl
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:20 pm 

hmmm. if that's true, that certainly does make it seem a lot less worth $70 than it already did. i'm down w $70 for a good quality stay puft, but if it's gonna have uncleanable dusty gray cracked arms before i even have all my stuff out of storage and set up together, i may have to pass on this one. although, i wonder if a little coat of waterproof sealant might fix the not-able-to-clean-it problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next