Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Awkward moments in the JLU
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Nice Brightest Day spoiler ....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:42 am 
PVC

tuning4k wrote:
To sum up:

Ironically, I'd think Deadman would be most at home in the batcave out of everyone in that picture.

I took my yellow "bruce to batman" elevator thing out of this playset too. Had to unscrew everything on the back to do it but it was worth it. The yellow was jarring. Otherwise, I really like it (the middle portion) as a playset, and I don't get why it gets the hate it does.

I want to spray paint mine too, as well as Hasbro's batcave to a darker color like Casimir did, but I'm afraid I'll ruin it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 am 
Resin

tuning4k wrote:
Beetle Mania!!!

Where are all of those Blue Beetles from?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am 
Collector Inspector

Left to Right:
Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes is a Brave & the Bold Happy Meal toy from McDonalds.
Blue Beetle Ted Kord is a "prototype" purchased off eBay. Expensive but worth it!
The third guy isn't a Blue Beetle at all but a Ben 10 character called Big Chill. I was going to use him as a base for a Blue Beetle custom since he already looks VERY Jaime-esque but decided I really didn't need to.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 pm 
active in the community

tuning4k wrote:
Aaaand one more for fun :)

Funny coincidence! I saw this picture and thought "That Static toy is so cool! I would love him."
Today I went to a Rummage sale and there was a ziplock baggie with him, McD's Aquaman from Brave the Bold, a Disney's Aladdin figure, a McD's ICe Age 2 toy, and some Pokemon base, all for 50 cents! Talk about a quick turnaround from wanting an old toy to getting it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:21 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Nice find! I haven't been a rummage sale in forever, but I used to love those ziplock baggies with random toys :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm 
Knows his stuff

?????????

?: does anyone know if the BURGER KING: Kid's MEAL: Batman Beyond - BLIGHT figure can 1. be taken off his base easily, & 2. how tall is he compared to JLU Batman Beyond

& c. ANY comparison pics guys!

I just found out a few weeks ago about this Burger King BLIGHT & I wish I could find him at a rummage sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

JLU-4-me wrote:
?????????

?: does anyone know if the BURGER KING: Kid's MEAL: Batman Beyond - BLIGHT figure can 1. be taken off his base easily, & 2. how tall is he compared to JLU Batman Beyond

& c. ANY comparison pics guys!

I just found out a few weeks ago about this Burger King BLIGHT & I wish I could find him at a rummage sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is mine:

It's close to JLU scale but not a very good quality figure. I had to do my own painting on him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

BATTLE OF THE BLIGHTS!

The Burger King Blight is really too short. Like, Al Pratt kinda short. His feet come with pegs as part of the sculpt, holding him to his base. But I JUST took two seconds w/ my Swiss Army knife and BOOM, free and ready to stand on his own.

The official Batman Beyond Blight is clearly too tall. Which sucks as he's the only villain they made for this line (not counting the Inque Burger King key chain).

My suggestion? Get a Dr. Destiny head from Stew Customs, put it on an Old Bruce Wayne figure and do some fun painting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 am 
Collector Inspector

SAVE THE JLU!

We'll go door by door if we have to!Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Not to get too off topic but I just bought an Inque figure off ebay because of this thread. Didn't even know that particular figured existed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:19 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thank god for AFI, right? We learn about all sortsa cool stuff :)

I'm SERIOUSLY enjoying these pictures. Where the heck is J'onn sleeping though? It looks like Swamp Thing's jacuzzi...in Chandler Bing's office...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:49 pm 
shirtless hugger

Angst wrote:
Not to get too off topic but I just bought an Inque figure off ebay because of this thread. Didn't even know that particular figured existed.

Yeah, she's a pretty neat figure. A little large for JLU but she is a shape shifter so it's not too crazy. Also, she has a clip in her back that you will probably want to remove and then fill in the hole and paint over black. I think she's suppose to be a key chain or something but it's not a very hard fix at all.

the blight is almost completely gray and required a lot of painting on his body.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Glad you're enjoying AND learning of new treasures out there!

J'onn's bed is an alien cocoon thingie from an X-Files figure set. I thought it would be fun and creepy if the martian slept in a pod. The background is actually an air purifier for my living room :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:58 pm 
PVC

Really really want Solomon Grundy, just for the packaging background now after seeing the Clayface with it. It reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of TNBA, Growing Pains, where the finale was at the sewers. I really wish I knew how to custom the girl from that episode too. She looks so anime-ish, more than any Timmverse character that there should be a toy out there similar.

I kind of want that STAS braniac too, for the vehicle. It's not that show accurate, but it is in the show, and I'm a sucker for all show vehicles. Does it work with the JLU braniac?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next