Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mighty Beanz-- King of the Licensors????
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Spotted the DC Beanz at a TRU recently.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:15 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Which characters were the visible ones? Anything new shipping in the cases?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I only looked over one but I don't recall who was visible. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 pm 
MINT!

At the ORlando TRU stores, I have spotted the DC Beanz as buy one get second half off.

I just wish there was a comprehensive list....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:56 am 

Found some new Beanz packages at Target today.

For the most part, you can skip them all.
Here's the breakdown (visible Bean first, then hidden Beanz):

*Flash - Deathstroke, Comm. Gordon, Hawkman
*Max Lord - Mr Freeze, Black Canary, Flash
*Penguin - Catwoman, Cap Atom, Deadman
*Comm Gordon - Cyborg, Deathstroke, Deadman
*Hawkman - Cap Atom, Catwoman, Nightwing

So, out of 5 new packs, there are only 2 new Beanz! :shock: :x

If anyone can find a complete list of packouts and a roster of all 54 Beanz and wants to share it here, please do. If anyone wants to start blinding buying the packs and sharing the packouts so I don't have to waste anymore money, please do.

I'm beginning to wonder why I bought into this line .... :?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:06 pm 
Cold-cast

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
So, out of 5 new packs, there are only 2 new Beanz! :shock: :x

If anyone can find a complete list of packouts and a roster of all 54 Beanz and wants to share it here, please do. If anyone wants to start blinding buying the packs and sharing the packouts so I don't have to waste anymore money, please do.

I'm beginning to wonder why I bought into this line .... :?

Really? You're really wondering that? I'll tell you why you bought into this line since you seem to have forgotten....because it's awesome! This line has 4 of the top properties, and the whole concept of blind packaging Beanz is, similar to the lego minifigures, something that adds to the fun of tracking them down.

And yes, there may be only 2 new Beanz, but what great two they are!

BTW, I think later this year we'll get some significant help in compiling the list and also having Beanz up for trade. Just a little hunch I have, heh heh. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Except it is not blind packaging- there is no randomness in what you are getting-- they are just repacking other beans in there-- and showing a different one up front-- supposedly star wars is supposed to get 180 of these things and currently less than 65 have been released (not to mention 5 more that were advertised and paid for almost a year ago and still hasnt shipped out)and of that 18 of them have been exclusives only (no to mention the fact that the new ones are usually hidden)...These are planned assortments (and they are assigning arbitrary rarity to them based on how many times they repack them).. It is a very under handed practice.

I could understand if they were doing it like generic beanz where they have them in a 2 pack in the card section-- but since these are not random they should show you whats inside-- (there is no random chance of getting something new) if they intentionally pack these to be all duplicates..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm 
MINT!

It's funny to me because I think that the DC Mighty Beanz folks have fallen into the same trap the Infinite Heroes folks did...

THey started their line off with a fairly uneventful selection of characters...

I just don't think a smart way to begin a line is by overproducing dud characters like Commisioner Gordan, Max Lord and Captain Boomerang!

Good Lord!

The part that makes me CRAZY is that there are literally thousands of characters in the DC Universe, so how freaking hard is it to make these things fun to collect? It's just generic comic book art....I shouldnt own 10 Gordans, 6 Black Canarys, 8 Grodds, etc....we should have 2-3 NEW characters per pack. I want to throw up when I see Red TOrnado, SUperman and Batman on the box....THEY DON'T EXIST!

I'm so discouraged by this line.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 am 

I'm beginning to think that Batman will be saved for the eventually "character tin" collector case and then, later, Superman will come out as part of some other collector pack out.

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm 
MINT!

And just to put a finer point on what I'm saying.....I totally understand that collectible miniatures like Heroclix require sculpting, so there are only a limited number of unique figures per wave...

But this is just a FREAKING STICKER on the bean....

The wave should be 200 unique characters...all this "we need to spread A-list characters out!" garbage is the death knell for MANY lines of toys...

Infinite Heroes has NO Red Tornado, Zatanna, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Aquaman (no, I refuse to count the SDCC set), Hawkgirl, Penguin, Alan Scott, Plastic Man etc.....but don't worry, we got Harbinger and Bloodwynd!

Mini mates had NO two pack release of Martian Manhunter, Alan Scott, Black Canary, Zatanna, Atom, Plastic Man, Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Doom Patrol, Firestorm, etc.....but at least we have Red Sun Wonder Woman.

I absolutely hate it when they wait on these A-List characters. COmpanies need to strike while the iron is hot and push out the A-list figures and then once you start to run out of them, release A-List variants with lower tier characters.

Maddening.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm 
MINT!

I saw the new pack outs today....one with Flash as the exposed bean and one with Hawkman as the exposed bean...I really thought there was the SLIGHTEST chance i could get a new character....and out of 8 beans, I did get Nightwing, a character I had never seen before...

but I also got another Gordan, Boomerang, Hawkman, Canary and Maxwell Lord....

THis line is a DISASTER, but I am an addict for no good reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 am 

Found auctions for Superman, Osiris, Raven, Booster Gold, Power Girl and a few others whom I forget right now (possibly Joker).

Hopefully this means we will see some new packs out soon with more than 1 new bean in them ....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:49 am 
MINT!

We have this weird toy store in the mall that gets products directly from the distributor and last night I saw all new pack outs with NEW beanz out front...new Beanz are:

Osiris
Booster Gold
Raven
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Superman

I would have picked a few up, but they wanted $8.99 each and I couldn't bring myself to do it, because I'm certain my mystery Beanz would be: Captain Boomerang, Gordan and Black Canary.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:07 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Would you guys be interested in us doing and interview with the line manager of Mighty Beans? Any questions you'd like for us to ask in said interview?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 pm 
Cold-cast

Sure, as for questions:

1. As a consumer of this product, I would like to see some holographic and glow-in-the-dark beanz. Will you ever make some?

2. What would you do if you lost your job as line manager and instead were forced to work in a Chinese factory manufacturing Mighty Beanz for the next ten years?

3. What are the rarest Mighty Beanz?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next