Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Peanuts Halloween Figures Are Out at CVS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:17 am 
We're going streaking!

Forever Fun has confirmed that the Peanuts Gang will return to CVS Pharmacies this Halloween, but with a twist:

"Our Peanuts Halloween poseables are new sculpts in a new scale – comparable to the 3-3/4 action size in quality and detail."

Now, this is good news because we are getting new Peanuts for Halloween and hopefully beyond. The bad news for some will be the new scale. Personally, I think this line should have been done in a smaller scale from Day One, so despite having a good amount of Peanuts figures, I am going to enjoy seeing and purchasing the smaller figures. I just wish the economy was better and could better support playsets, which seemed to have died in the larger scale line, minus Snoopy's dog house. A full Christmas Play Stage Set would be great, as would a Pumpkin Patch!

If I did have a gripe, it would be that I enjoyed adding to my existing Peanuts Halloween display, which included one of the aforementioned playsets. The Christmas line was always too big to display with my Rankin Bass stuff, so that's an easy display replace.

I just hope that in the smaller scale we get the depth of characters that were already made in the larger scale -- Frieda, Franklin, Peppermint Patty, Marcie, Pig Pen -- and maybe a few missing ones, like Violet and Shermie.

Last edited by TRDouble on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Charlie Brown & The Peanuts Get a Redo!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm 
5th Horseman

I have quite a few of the Peanuts Figures, and it will give me a chance to get even more, so this is all good news to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 am 
Infinite Hero

I used to read Peanuts in the paper everyday growing up. Of course, I watched all the TV specials. I can still remember the thrill I'd feel when I'd see this on TV:

So, the Peanuts gang holds a very special place in my heart. But, I'd never picked up any of the figures as I thought the scale was too big for the subject matter. I came real close to picking up the Nativity play box set at TRU this past Christmas, but I wasn't sure if the costume bits were removable. I just want a small set of basic Peanuts characters.

So, I'm excited to see them moving this direction and look forward to seeing what the execution is like. I don't necessarily want Halloween specific figures. So, if those Halloween bits are removable, I'll be a happy camper.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 pm 
We're going streaking!

What made the original Peanuts figures from Playing Mantis/Memory Lane so cool was that the TV Special figures had the colored clothes from those specials. The "Good Ol' Charlie Brown" figures usually had the more comic strip colored clothes on, which could vary a bit as well.

I would guess that for the first series of the new sized Peanuts, it would be standard Peanuts in the TV special clothes and extra Halloween accessories. I enjoyed the latest Vampire Chuck, Monster Linus, etc., but the best ones were the originals that came with their Halloween costumes from the special; in my display, I would wait until a week before Halloween and then put there costumes on for the remainder on October.

I think this would be a good time to go back to that original model and a re-branding (or return to the original branding) of, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:42 am 
shirtless hugger

I had to downsize my collection last year, so I sold the Christmas figures on eBay. I was surprised that they all sold for more than I originally paid. I didn't realize they were so collectible.

Jeff Cope wrote:
I can still remember the thrill I'd feel when I'd see this on TV:

Me too!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 am 
We're going streaking!

The new Peanuts Halloween figures are out at CVS. They come in a tray of six with doubles of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. $6.99 each (which is the same price as the bigger figures from year's past :? ). They are in a clear plastic 'box', not on a card.

Post subject: Re: New Peanuts Halloween Figures Are Out at CVS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:36 pm 
5th Horseman

That sucks they have upped the price, however it is charlie brown and as we know all toys have gone up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I was just in CVS yesterday and they were in the middle of resetting all of the "seasonal" areas of the store.

If only I Had known to start looking for these I probably could have had a whole case all to myself.

Now, I feel like Charlie Brown on halloween... "I got a rock :? "

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:06 am 
We're going streaking!

All Halloween stuff at CVS is 25% Off this week, so if you can find the whole set, it becomes Buy Three, Get One Free.

I need to see if they will adjust my receipt for me, since it has been less than a week since I bought mine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 pm 
5th Horseman

I only managed to land Snoopy and Linus, still need Charlie Brown and Lucy