Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lego Minifigures - Series Three
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 pm 
Cold-cast

I knew about the codes, but I had just gotten my paycheck and saw a few nearly full boxes so I just bought them all. I figured instead of spending an hour in the store meticulously checking barcodes I'd just roll the dice and sort them leisurely at home. I only got one spartan warrior so obviously someone had gotten there before me and picked them out. I've found that toy collectors are fast, especially those who only collect one line.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:43 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Saw a bunch of these at Walmart for the first time. Not sure which wave they were, but the boxes were yellow. No limit on these that I could see.

Kinda glad I avoided these. I collect enough already. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Series 2 was Blue
Series 3 was Green
Series 4 is Construction Cone Orange.

(I never found Series 1 anywhere locally so I can't confirm the color of the packaging).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:49 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Are these usually only at Toys R Us? I'm never seen them in the Lego aisle at other stores.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 am 

Target has carried them in the past, but not in the Lego aisle. They are usually with all the other "seasonal toys" and sold as stocking/basket stuffers. For some reason, they did not pick up Series 4 and they are not part of the plan-o-gram for the Easter "seasonal" items. :?

Walmart has carried them in the past as well. I have spotted them anywhere from at registers as an "impulse" item, to an aisle ender mini-cap, or just as a box of packs mixed in with other Lego items.

TRU, depending on the area, may just put them out, or, like mine, keeps them behind the customer service counter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I have seen them at various wal marts, targets and meijers-- and when i do there usually has been cases of them..3 or 4 at a time-- and they usually disappear from the Targets and Meijers first because they are usually in whichever holiday section is up at the time .. Wal Mart they seem to last longer beacuse they have never been in the same place twice (meaning each store Ive seen them at has been at a different spot)-- and oddly enough-- never near the other legos :?:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:43 pm 
Cold-cast

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Series 2 was Blue
Series 3 was Green
Series 4 is Construction Cone Orange.

(I never found Series 1 anywhere locally so I can't confirm the color of the packaging).

Series 1 was a yellowy orange.

Post subject: Re: Lego Minifigures - Series 4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:48 am 

Mods

Might as roll this into the other Lego Minifigures thread. There is more activity and conversation there and we're just covering the same ground twice.

Or not. Up to you.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Lego Minifigures Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 pm 
ABS

Was at Frank and sons, a guy had a box of series 4 for $4 each in the package, I went back to him later and he had an open viking for $5 I felt it was a good deal, cuz he wouldnt let me feel the packaging. I really just want the hazmat guy now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 am 

Man, these must be a BIG hit.

I've been to three TRU in the past weekend and at each of them there were at least three people right in front of the boxes pinching and squeezing those little baggies.

And the nice thing is, they all appeared to be parents since their kids were right there squeezing along with them. :mrgreen:

Lego is printing money with those. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 am 
Cold-cast

If Lego is printing money with the minifigures, then it is a fiat currency maintaining it's value only through the amount of demand for it. I imagine as the economy gets worse, this "Lego money" will crash alongside real currencies, as parents are squeezed and will surely choose to buy clothes, food, and other necessities for their children instead of minifigures. There may come a day in the near future when so many minifigures are for sale on ebay that even the rare ones like the Spartan Warriors can be had for much lower than their retail cost was.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 pm 
ABS

And you'd be wrong.

Lego is Recession-proof.

it is a universal toyline. While certain toys, action figures, etc. have to maintain a certain theme (GI Joe will usually be military based, for instance) Lego can be anything you can imagine. It is always playable.

I collect a LOT of toys, probably more toylines than most toy fans, who focus on one or two favorites.

of the DOZENS of toys I've collected over the years, the only thing. The ONLY toy that I have NEVER lost interest in in, is Lego. It is evergreen. It is literally the perfect toy.

if you don't like what you have, all you have to do is take it apart and build something different. If someone buys you the same set you already have, you can build something else with the duplicate, and use the parts to strengthen the collection you already have. There is NO downside to Legos. I have NEVER returned Lego to the store, because I already had it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Target had the new POTC legos out this weekend-- sets from all 4 movies..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 am 

Mister Blisterfists wrote:
And you'd be wrong.

Lego is Recession-proof.

it is a universal toyline. While certain toys, action figures, etc. have to maintain a certain theme (GI Joe will usually be military based, for instance) Lego can be anything you can imagine. It is always playable.

I collect a LOT of toys, probably more toylines than most toy fans, who focus on one or two favorites.

of the DOZENS of toys I've collected over the years, the only thing. The ONLY toy that I have NEVER lost interest in in, is Lego. It is evergreen. It is literally the perfect toy.

if you don't like what you have, all you have to do is take it apart and build something different. If someone buys you the same set you already have, you can build something else with the duplicate, and use the parts to strengthen the collection you already have. There is NO downside to Legos. I have NEVER returned Lego to the store, because I already had it.

Got to agree with you there.

Plus you can take a set from 30 years ago and it is almost completely compatible with the set you bought 30 seconds ago. I still have (and use) Legos I got when I was 8 years old! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 am 

since we are the subject of "vintage" legos ...

I recently acquired a large tub of old (about 25-30 yrs or so old) lego bricks and assorted bits that reek of Cat urine.

Does anyone know of any easy ways to eliminate the smell so I can add these to my sons "general population" of legos? The tub is one of the 50qt rubbermaid jobbies and there are "a bunch" (since I'm not about to go rooting through and count up all the pieces) and it would be very problematic to go through it all by hand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next