It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Scream 5
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Harvey Weinstein Says Scream 5 is Possible

Source: ComingSoon

May 17, 2011

Talking to MTV, Harvey Weinstein said that, despite the low $37.5 million domestic take for Scream 4 so far, that a fifth installment is possible.

"I'm sure [director Wes Craven is] going to do a sequel, I'm sure he's going to do a sequel," Weinstein said, adding that "Foreign [sales] are so strong that we'll do over $100 million worldwide. It's at $90 now, with about five or six major countries to go and a lot of small ones. We'll probably do $110 million."

You can view the interview segment here.

Post subject: Re: Scream 5
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm 
Wonderdog

Really?!... That's like beating a dead horse, enough already let it goes Wes. Part 4 was a good way to say good bye, let's leave it as such.

Webslinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

No Scream 5 for Kevin Williamson

by ShockTillYouDrop

March 02, 2012

I'm hearing an echo in here. Feels like it. Last year, shortly after the release of Scream 4, we reported that Dimension Films was fielding pitches for Scream 5, meaning that Kevin Williamson was not coming back. That fact is once again news today when Assignment X caught up to Williamson and dropped a query regarding Scream 5: Generations (a title that is news to me).

The outlet asked if Williamson could say anything about the sequel. He responded: "I don’t know. I’m not doing it."

So, there you have it. I have heard around town that a lot of folks were approached to pitch Scream 5. Some turned it down flat, other's toyed with the idea. Where the project stands now is anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 am 
5th Horseman

Is this movie going to be titled Scream 5: Oh no not again Wes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Craven Says There Has Been No Movement on Scream 5

Source: ComingSoon

November 12, 2012

For those holding on to the idea that Scream 5 might happen, Wes Craven took to Twitter to update his fans on Sunday. The director broke a rather long Twitter silence to inform his followers that he would try to provide more updates.

Craven wrote: "No news on Scream 5 yet. You guys really want another one?"

Scream 4, which hit theaters in April of 2011, grossed $97 million worldwide. That film starred Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, Marielle Jaffe, Rory Culkin, Nico Tortorella, Erik Knudsen, Marley Shelton, Anthony Anderson, Adam Brody, Alison Brie, Mary McDonnell, Anna Paquin, Kristen Bell and Brittany Roberts.

Would you like to see another installment?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Scream 5 Looking More Unlikely, Neve Campbell Talks About It Anyway

by ShockTillYouDrop

January 02, 2013

Regardless of the tepid response Scream 4 received from series fans, horror fans and at the box office, there are still those curious to know if Scream 5 will ever happen. Since part four's release in early 2011, I've been of the belief that the series is officially dead as it did not exactly set fire to the world as so many people hoped it would, thus breathing life into a rumored new trilogy.

Still, as a member of the press, if you're presented with an interview with a member of the Scream series, you have to ask about their thoughts on Scream 5 and that's what Collider did when they sat down with Neve Campbell.

When asked about a return to the series, Campbell replied: "We’ll see. I’m not sure they’re going to make it, to be honest. If that were to come up again and they were to approach me, I’d have a chat with them about it."

Ah, so there's interest from Campbell. Who else is with her? Anyone...anyone?

Maybe they can rope her into that proposed MTV Scream television series...