Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Several restaurants are getting really tight-fisted with the condiments. Native New Yorker doesn't keep Ketchup on the tables anymore and only gives you a little cup of it when you order fries. Applebees gives you one pretty small cup of dipping sauce with their boneless wings. It goes on and on. :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 pm 
proverbial old fart

j1h15233 wrote:
Fast food places who will only give you one or two sauce packets per order. If you're going to charge me 8 dollars for 3 chicken tenders, some old fries, and a flat coke then I could at least get two chipolte bbq packs you jerks!

Also, funny McDonalds story from Wednesday. I had the day off because I was going to take my PPR exam that day and I was supposed to be at the test center at noon so I wanted a small lunch to tide me over and there's a McDonalds on the way so I stopped there. I ordered two spicy chicken sandwiches, plain, and a coke. Luckily, I was eating in the car so I pulled the first sandwich out to eat it and the thing had so much mayonaise and lettuce that they were falling out of the sandwich. I checked the other one and it was the same way so I went back in to tell them my order was wrong. After waiting about 2 minutes for someone to come back to the front counter, I told them they messed up my two sandwiches and what I had...another 2 or 3 minutes later they replaced them and the woman at the counter apologized and said "let me give you one of our ______ pies so you can try it". No idea what she said but I guess they have 2 types of pies right now. Anyway, I pulled it out and it was in an apple pie box and it said sell by 10:30 on the side...this was 10:50. I just left the pie on the counter and walked off with a smirk.

I think that Ray Krock would go postal at the state of the company these days. My local McD's is terrible. Unfortunately there is no alternative burgr joint with the exception of Braums ( a regional chain with terrible french fries).

Last time I ordered there I didn't get my order. Waited 20 minutes and finally asked for my money back. Called the owner and he wanted to give me free food coupons. I told him that he didn't get it. I wasn't interested in free food. His service was so terrible I would never go there again. I said that if he had any competiton he wold probably be out of business.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

People who don't understand the difference between HEARING and LISTENING.

If I have to explain it to you, you're part of the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
People who don't understand the difference between HEARING and LISTENING.

If I have to explain it to you, you're part of the problem.

No good retort can be made to this by typing it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

People who walk in thru the out door, or viceversa.

People who walk down an aisle 3 or 4 across and slowly carrying on a conversation while important people try to get past and get done what they need to do. There are places for conversations. They are called parks.

People who do not control their small children in public places. (These people are a minority, but they do unfortunately exist.)

Driving and talking on cell phones. These people average 5 to 10 mph below the posted limit. Get out of my way, you are obstructing the evolutionary progress of the human race.

People with loud car stereos that vibrate houses as they go by. Don't show me how stupid you are, go show someone who cares.

People who don't yield to pedestrians.

People who park on sidewalks, in violation of city ordinance.

Cops that don't do their job and put tickets on those illegally parked cars. I'm walking here. More importantly, so is my dog.

People who don't control their dogs, then act like you are the problem when their dog runs out into the street to attack you.

Politicians in general, democrats in particular. Independents can be kind of cool, sometimes.

People who post in a thread that they don't like that thread. If you don't like it, why help it?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:21 pm 
Unbreakable

I always hate it when people drive the wrong way down the rows in a parking lot. They are facing a particular direction for a reason people...

People who park in handicap spots "just for a second, because they just have to pick up one thing" also annoy me to no end.

And finally, and this happens quite a bit in my line of work, people who call you and then put you on hold. They couldn't make this phone call after whatever they are doing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm 

kevfett wrote:
I always hate it when people drive the wrong way down the rows in a parking lot. They are facing a particular direction for a reason people...

People who park in handicap spots "just for a second, because they just have to pick up one thing" also annoy me to no end.

And finally, and this happens quite a bit in my line of work, people who call you and then put you on hold. They couldn't make this phone call after whatever they are doing?

or picking up the phone to hear a recording tell me to wait for them to come on the line. If they want or need to talk to me, they need to be waiting for me. Disrespect me like this and you obviously have nothing to say that I want or need to hear.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 pm 
Unbreakable

Oh yes those are bad too. I get those quite often at work too. Usually collection agencies calling for tenants who either live or lived at one of our complexes.

Another I just thought about are people who call you and are carrying on whole conversations with someone else while call you.

Mine are almost always vehicular or phone based pet peeves.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:42 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Bad breath. How do you not know that your breath smells like a little green man just dropped a deuce in your mouth?

People talking during the movie at the theater. STFU!!!

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:19 pm 
Unbreakable

Speaking about deuces. How about people who let their dogs crap in other peoples yards or in public areas and don't pick it up?

I've always wanted to follow them hom and take a dump in their yard and see how they like it. I think there was a SNL skit about that a few years back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 am 
Aspires to be #1

People who have an irrational hate for Mattel and Toyguru (partly because they drove an hour to a Target and didn't find some new toys and partly because they think everything is a conspiracy) and then insult people who are trying to support JLU and get the remaining figures and as a consequence of that hurt our efforts and hurt JLU.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I agree with these:

alcinde4 wrote:
Bad breath. How do you not know that your breath smells like a little green man just dropped a deuce in your mouth

Ha! LOL.

alcinde4 wrote:
People talking during the movie at the theater. STFU!!!

Seriously.

j1h15233 wrote:
irrational hate for Mattel and Toyguru

Yeah. This is all over the interwebs and pretty over-the-top here on AFI. I think it makes the forum less fun than it used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

The hate is even worse at other sites.

And a girl two seats over from me at Xmen last night answered her phone during the movie. I really embarrassed her though so I doubt she'll do it again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 am 

Details, details :twisted: .

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

When I saw Inception in the theater (the first time :) ) there were some high school (maybe college) kids behind me, and one of the girls in the group repeatedly laughed at various parts of the movie that were clearly not humorous. I was able to zone her out for the most part and just enjoy it, but I think my friend wanted to kill her. She was either drunk/high, or possibly the most annoying human that has ever lived.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next