Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Action Figures on FB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm 
Cold-cast

Facebook Fad Peaks

http://www.techguide.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=462:has-facebook-peaked-site-usage-drops-in-us-uk&catid=61:internet&Itemid=100

June 14th, 2011,

Has Facebook reached its peak? In May more than 6 million users quit the site in the US with usage also dropping in the UK, Canada, Norway and Russia.

It is the first time usage of the world’s most popular social networking site has dropped month on month in the past year.

Even though Facebook continues to grow worldwide, the rate of growth has also slowed.

According to tracking website Inside Facebook there are 687 million members worldwide.
Facebook users in the US fell from 155.2 million at the start of May to 149.4 million at the end of the month – a drop of 3.7 per cent.

Canada Facebook membership slipped by 1.62 million while more than 100,000 users in the UK, Russia and Norway turned away from the site in each of those countries.

Magnus Hogland, CEO of UK media law firm Law360.com says interest in Facebook is waning.

“From my experience, I get the sense that being on Facebook is not cool anymore,” Mr Hogland told The Guardian.

“The early adopters and trend setters are moving away. These are also the type of people brand advertisers want to reach – if they are leaving, it doesn't look good for Facebook.”

Post subject: Re: Action Figures on FB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

JamesTheRogue wrote:
Facebook Fad Peaks

Magnus Hogland, CEO of UK media law firm Law360.com says interest in Facebook is waning.

“From my experience, I get the sense that being on Facebook is not cool anymore,” Mr Hogland told The Guardian.

It took him this long to figure that out?

Well he is a lawyer, so I guess that explains it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.