Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: What popular vintage toyline do you like the least?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am 
Fugitive Dust

Though you won't see THAT much of her :wink: , she's on a show called Flashpoint airs on CBS tonight.

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm 
Cold-cast

else3573 wrote:
I forgot my least favorite line of all time (out of any big, popular ones)=Power Rangers. They do nothing for me at all. I mean, they're past my time, but I can't see the appeal at all. The show was silly too IMO. Oh, and I was never into Voltron.

Totally agree. Power Rangers is my least favorite vintage line as well.

I grew up on TMNT and I remember they replaced TMNT for Power Rangers. I hated that show, I never was able to sit through a full episode. It just seemed so dumb and superficial compared to TMNT. The characters had no depth, it's like "ok here's another godzilla creature for you to fight". The episodes seemed formulaic, and the show really seemed an example of "quantity of quality". It was just goofy and stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 am 
5th Horseman

I have to agree I was never a big fan of Power Rangers or anything like that Animorphs spring to mind - both had TV Series both had Toy Lines both sucked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:36 pm 
MINT!

Thundercats.

Never cared for them as a kid. Don't see how they got a comeback before MASK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Thundercats

I never cared for them much but I can see how they made a comeback. It's through the cartoon. The Cartoon was hot when I was a kid. I just never cared for the toys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm 
ABS

Thundercats always seemed silly to me.

It's like the makers of MOTU were talking at a board meeting"

"Ok we need a new hit toyline"

"Kids love half naked muscular men so lets keep that theme going"

"That's right! But we already did that. We need to repackage it so the kids don't realize we are rehashing old ideas. What do kids like?"

"Kids love..Ummm..CATS!!!!"

"BINGO!!!! Kids love cats and half naked muscular men. Why don't we combine the two?"

"OMG you've done it! This will be our new hit! Good work I'm buying the cocaine tonight!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

This should be a poll.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:33 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Star Wars

Their scale made prohibited me from using them with my X-Men, Power Rangers, HeMan, Spawn, and Ninja Turtles figures.

Freepost Liberation Front

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

For me, I always hated Transformers. I always just thought that they were so boring. Robots that transform from trucks and stuff, big deal. I thought that they were bland, unimaginative and totally lacking with character appeal. It also probably didn't help their chances with me that I found the cartoon to be so boring that it put me to sleep. It all comes down to personal appeal, though. A friend of mine is absolutely wild over Transformers, while I'm a hardcore He-Fan, which he can't stand.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am 
MINT!

On to the topic. My least favorite has to be He-Man. I just don't get it at all. I never have, even as a kid. "Mom, why does this strange man strip down before he fights really lame bad guys?" And the toys always just seemed like rejected Wrestling figures. To each their own though!

EDIT: Really didn't mean for this post to sound so confrontational. And honestly, my lack of love for MOTU is a lack of experience with it and too much experience with people picking on it. I recently discovered a channel called "Qubo" that is for pre-schoolers. At night they turn into "Qubo Nightowl" and they play MOTU, She-Ra, Ghostbusters, Brave Starr... That might be it. I've decided to start watching He-Man to see what all the fuss is about.

Also, my least favorite really has to be Legos. I love them, but I do not love paying gobs of money for not too much to build.

Last edited by ProfessorK on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am 
3 3/4"

Thundercats, I kind of liked the consept, but the figs were under detailed (I mean he-man stuff had better sculpts), and just were way off from the toon looks (and so was everything else, but these were somewhat more so). I'm not knocking it for people who like it, just not my thing.

Generation 1 Transformers, I mean I have mine from childhood and will never part with those, but really they were letdowns for me back then even, I don't hate them (and I do try to look at them in context of the times) but I can't help think they could/should have been better in those days.

Tron figs, they were really a step backwards after the O-Ring had hit, no reason for them to have been SW articulated (and yes, I said that back then too).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:44 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I don't collect them , nor did I have any growing up, but I think certain Thundercats figures are some of the coolest looking figures of the 80's, like all the Ram Pagers/Bezerkers (Driller, Stinger, Hammerhand, Top Spinner, Ram Bam, etc) Bengali, Hookman of Snow Mountain and the Astral Moat Monster.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

He-man for me. Didn't get it then or now. Power Rangers would be a close second for me. I couldn't stand the show. That said, my daughter watched some of the later seasons/versions, and they weren't bad. The cheesiness had been toned way down, and they were pretty watchable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:23 pm 
5th Horseman

I have to agree with He-Man back then, I preferred Blackstar and Legend of the Warlord figures they looked better, however I love the classic He-Man figures now, so I don't know what that says, maybes it was the lack of articulation.