Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mezco DC Comics Mez-Itz
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 am 
We're going streaking!

I saw these a few days back when BBTs put them up for pre-order, but they are now on the front page here at AFI, so I thought I would start the discussion.

I have never been a big fan of Mez-Itz, but I do have some of the horror/slasher movie mini Mez-Itz figures and they are cool. But I am more of a fan of the minimate or Kubrick style; less artsy. And these are typical, artsy Mez-Itz.

That said, I don't think the designs are that bad. They work for what they are and at 2-inches, I think they have more appeal than the larger Mez-Itz. My plan right now is to skip most of them, maybe picking up the Batman. I don't need more stuff to collect, despite my love of buying super-hero related toys, and the appeal for me just isn't high enough, at least without seeing them in person first. After reading the description of the Batmobile, I could not pass that up; I get a Batmobile and a Batman that can fit inside and ride with a passenger? SOLD! But as for the rest? I don't think these are for me.

Instead, I will sit back and hope for the day that the DC license and minimates can be reunited. And if that is never to be, well, I will just count it as money not spent.

Last edited by TRDouble on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mezco DC Comics Mez-Itz
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm 
4" scale

While I don't need another thing to collect, I am incredibly tempted by these due to their size. Having the possibility of vehicles as well increases the interest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I really had no interest in these. I didn't need another line to collect.

But then I saw these last year at Comic con and they are REALLY well done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm teetering on the edge about these. The style has never really appealed to me before but these new DC ones just look so nice.

They are a good size for limited display space, the price point isn't outrageous, these are the characters that I LOVE ...

but ...
but...
but ...

Ah, hell, I'm probably gonna pre-order this first wave anyway ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I guess they learned from Hasbro as well-- especially since all the larger ones hit clearance at every TRU I went to (of course it could also be the whole chosing a redone clash of the Titans as your main license (and releasing Hellboy stuff 2 years after the movie).

Hasbro said they may return the Mighty Muggs in that new smaller Target exclusive style-- it seems smarter for Mez-Its to start that way with their major license..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm 
4" scale

Anyone find it strange that Superman is paired with Mongul instead of Lex Luthor?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I was wondering if there will be a series 3 of these and if the SDCC WW is really available to buy on the Mez-itz site itself, or do I have to go to SDCC to get her, or will there be a release of WW without the keychain? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any help, :) I think I found a new DC line I want to collect. Even though the prices are a wee bit high I still want them, and I'm not ashamed to say it, but these things are friggin cute, but of course manly man awesome at the same time, ;)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Dusty wrote:
Sorry to dig up an old topic

I like this topic. I'm all into these. Checklist for 6", 2", keychains, and mega: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22431

Dusty wrote:
but I was wondering if there will be a series 3 of these

I don't know. Maybe we'll find out at SDCC.

Dusty wrote:
if the SDCC WW is really available to buy on the Mez-itz site itself, or do I have to go to SDCC to get her

Yes, you can buy it straight from the site. You can order all of their SDCC exclusives from their site, as long as they haven't sold out already. :)

Dusty wrote:
or will there be a release of WW without the keychain?

I don't think we know yet. But I'm betting they will, since they have the keychain version out. I expect to see her in series 3 of the 2". Since they already have shown us the 6" WW, I really hope that one is coming soon too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:24 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
xrmc20 wrote:
I don't think we know yet. But I'm betting they will, since they have the keychain version out. I expect to see her in series 3 of the 2". Since they already have shown us the 6" WW, I really hope that one is coming soon too.

Thanks for answering all my questions xrmc20. So do you think I should spend the 15 bucks and buy the keychain WW, or should I wait and see if she will be available in a 2-pack with cheetah or someone? thanks again, :)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Dusty wrote:
So do you think I should spend the 15 bucks and buy the keychain WW, or should I wait and see if she will be available in a 2-pack with cheetah or someone?

I don't know. I'm getting the keychain, but I think of the keychains and the actual 2inchers as separate items (and so far I want both). I'm sure you could pop the keychain piece out of the WW and include her with the others, but I'm not sure if that can be done without any damage. If you're really looking to watch your budget on these, I think you're probably pretty safe on waiting for a 2-pack with WW in it. I think the WW keychain is cool though, so I say just get one. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 am 
serves the Otter

xrmc20 wrote:
Dusty wrote:
So do you think I should spend the 15 bucks and buy the keychain WW, or should I wait and see if she will be available in a 2-pack with cheetah or someone?

I don't know. I'm getting the keychain, but I think of the keychains and the actual 2inchers as separate items (and so far I want both). I'm sure you could pop the keychain piece out of the WW and include her with the others, but I'm not sure if that can be done without any damage. If you're really looking to watch your budget on these, I think you're probably pretty safe on waiting for a 2-pack with WW in it. I think the WW keychain is cool though, so I say just get one. :D

Thanks again for answering my questions, and also for the suggestions, I want to buy her but $15 is kinda pushing it, ( and currently I am out of work and looking for a new job so I am pinching every last penny,) plus like you said there is no guarantee that the key chain on WW would come off without damage. I don't really like key chains so I think I will wait until SDCC, and find out if Mezco will release a normal WW later on. Thanks again for all the info and input, I really appreciate it. :)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am 

Has anyone received any of these figures yet?

I was just looking over my pre-order placed directly from Mezco back in March and they are currently on backorder and still unshipped.

I know that BBTS received some of them, and I regret not ordering from them, but I thought going direct to the source might be a better option.

But now I wonder if anyone has actually gotten the damn things and how they look.

frustrating ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:27 am 

Received the Batmobile and mini- Batman figure set last night!

Haven't opened it yet, but it is in my hands.

However, when I go to the Mezco website (because that is where I pre-ordered them from :roll: ), it still shows that all the items are backordered and that NOTHING has shipped yet.

If there is anyone that has a connection to Mezco and can find out why I am seeing listings for these figures on eBay, I received PART of my initial pre-order, and the site still isn't correctly updated as to what is available or when, I would appreciate it.

Any future orders will be placed through BBTS, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Infinite Hero

I've been seeing the 2" keychains at TRU for a couple weeks.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:49 pm 

I know.

And if you go to the Mezco site now, it says the the wave 1 figures are in stock, but my order still says they AND the Batmobile set which was sent to me is still BACKORDERED.

WTF Mezco, WTF