Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Hasbro, Mattel - where the $#@ are the toys???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Well, hopefully I've broken the toy drought for everyone (yeah I know it doesn't quite work like that 8)), because everything here was procured at retail/local con yesterday except for the SDCC Red Skulls:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You suck.

:wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:12 am 
5th Horseman

Lucky bugger, my Walmart is completely crap at the min and we don't have a Target or TRU locally like some of you lucky buggers do, sheesh oh well I suppose it is saving me money, lol.

However it is a crying shame to see the DC 6" figures and know mattel could have used the same sculpts and articulation just shrank it down to fit the 4" scale, instead of the crap we got from them, oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:31 pm 
Hat Pooper

GreenArrow wrote:
Lucky bugger, my Walmart is completely crap at the min and we don't have a Target or TRU locally like some of you lucky buggers do, sheesh oh well I suppose it is saving me money, lol.

However it is a crying shame to see the DC 6" figures and know mattel could have used the same sculpts and articulation just shrank it down to fit the 4" scale, instead of the crap we got from them, oh well.

For those of us that do have Targets and TRUs, it doesn't matter, they all have crap. Whether you stop at one crappy store or a dozen, you still don't get anything new.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Quote:
Tranformers Warpath, Wheeljack, Thundercracker? zilch.

Superfly I saw a Thundercracker a few days ago at a Target, sorry I wish I read this post earlier. Wouldve picked it up for ya.

I agree with all of you about the frustration of the toy market right now. New POC Gijoes are no where to be found. The pegs are full of crappy movie toys, and other misc. junk. Some places have a variety of Star Wars figs and others have 3 pegs full of 4LOM (saw that yesterday).

I also agree about how the "dry spell" is ok too. I don't buy lots of figures, and I dont try and collect complete lines.I really only buy things that peak my interest or that I think are cool. (Ex: I want a Captain america figure even though I dont read the comics.) But the past few weeks I have had some cool scores. Thrift store and retail store scores. Found a whole bag of GUTS! figures for $2, a 1997 Snake eyes (replica of the original first one) and two other joes for $2. Im really into legos and got a few sets including the new Alien Conquest, some city ones and the new kingdoms Blacksmith shop. I also this weekend took advantage of the Target Clearances and found a Cobra Deviant Mech suit for 10 bucks.

I think the bottom line is that the recession sucks I too am frustrated that I cant find a Lowlight, a new jungle BAT or any of the new joes.(havent seen a new one at target Walmart, or TRU since Dec), but I think we must find our happiness in action figure collecting by taking what we can get and enjoy the hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

defzombie wrote:
Quote:
Tranformers Warpath, Wheeljack, Thundercracker? zilch.

Superfly I saw a Thundercracker a few days ago at a Target, sorry I wish I read this post earlier. Wouldve picked it up for ya.

Funny story - a few days after my initial post, they went up for sale on HTS, and then I ran into all three at two different Targets. So I guess my frustrations were 10 days premature.

But thanks for the offer, it's appreciated! :D

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews