Post subject: SDCC: Shocker Toys panel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Wow!...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/22/ ... con-panel/

Post subject: Re: SDCC: Shocker Toys panel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

yep...I almost made this thread. Brutal.

pics from the panel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 0_7801.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 0_7802.jpg

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:02 pm 
Unbreakable

Almost as cool as CM Punk crashing the Mattel WWE panel yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:57 am 
Tis' but a pup

Wow, did read this right- this is over a $1000? Seems like alot of trouble to for a thousand bucks. I really want to buy some of Shocker's product- Zorro and Phantom look great.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am 
Resin

kevfett wrote:
Almost as cool as CM Punk crashing the Mattel WWE panel yesterday.

Wait, Punk did WHAT!? Oh, this sounds priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:27 pm 
4" scale

YOU GOT SERVED! PAPERS! wow, so does this mean the tick wave isnt even coming out? i'm pretty sure barry hubris already came out, and nec has the tick in stock, but arent there supposed to be tick accessories with all the other figures, and then, if you mail in the proofs of purchase you get arthur? how much of that is real? is it just taking a long time, or does the arthur figure even exist?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:41 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
YOU GOT SERVED! PAPERS! wow, so does this mean the tick wave isnt even coming out? i'm pretty sure barry hubris already came out, and nec has the tick in stock, but arent there supposed to be tick accessories with all the other figures, and then, if you mail in the proofs of purchase you get arthur? how much of that is real? is it just taking a long time, or does the arthur figure even exist?

Considering that Mr. Gone still hasn't been seen or shipped to people that have ordered, Arthur probably won't be happening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Did Shocker actually continue the panel, I haven't seen any reports from SDCC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I didnt end up making it to the shocker panel this year, but i heard that they told the audience at the begining that they would NOT be taking questions for a live Q&A at the panel. All questions needed to have been submitted ahead of time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:10 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

shishalzafrazz wrote:

Barry Hubris and the rest of their exclusives have never been released. They can and should be charged with mail fraud (a felony) in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 pm 
4" scale

wow. thats awful. like, whatever about your business luck, shocker toys, but couldnt somebody who doesnt wear thier ass on thier shoulders have gotten the tick license? dammit!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:45 pm 
We're going streaking!

Captain Collector wrote:
Barry Hubris and the rest of their exclusives have never been released. They can and should be charged with mail fraud (a felony) in the near future.

Unless I am reading this wrong, that's not entirely true. The Tick exclusive came out and I own one (although the differences between it and the regular release? I haven't a clue! Especially since they took out accessories from the exclusive version). The Mucus Tick also was released and is in-stock at BBTS.

And to note, I got my Tick from BBTS. Others that got theirs direct from Shocker Toys (and let me word this carefully, less I get a e-mail from some lawyer!) did not have it as easy as I did in getting mine :) Any other post-2009 Exclusive Indie Spotlight figures have yet to make an appearance and as bad as the mail-away Mr. Gone issue sounds and is, what is laughable is that there is supposed to be an Arthur and Horse (for The Phantom) mail-away exclusives as well. Fool me once... (not me; I just bought three total so far!).

They could very easily be charged with mail fraud for the Mr. Gone, at the least.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm 

The exclusives solicited at Comicon last year (Tick was NOT among them, he is supposed to be a series 2 release) has not been released. Neither has Mr. Gone or the rest of wave 2. The Tick was released because he is popular, and was made in clear green (for his friend Nomad, who paid for production) and clear blue (paid for by Astro Zombies). Tick himself was never a convention exclusive. And no, putting a gold sticker on Tick does not an exclusive make. Geoff tried to take my money by telling myself, Julius, and others that his exclusives were merely "stuck in customs", and would ship in 3 weeks. I don't suffer liars.

TRDouble wrote:
Captain Collector wrote:

Unless I am reading this wrong, that's not entirely true. The Tick exclusive came out and I own one (although the differences between it and the regular release? I haven't a clue! Especially since they took out accessories from the exclusive version). The Mucus Tick also was released and is in-stock at BBTS.

And to note, I got my Tick from BBTS. Others that got theirs direct from Shocker Toys (and let me word this carefully, less I get a e-mail from some lawyer!) did not have it as easy as I did in getting mine :) Any other post-2009 Exclusive Indie Spotlight figures have yet to make an appearance and as bad as the mail-away Mr. Gone issue sounds and is, what is laughable is that there is supposed to be an Arthur and Horse (for The Phantom) mail-away exclusives as well. Fool me once... (not me; I just bought three total so far!).

They could very easily be charged with mail fraud for the Mr. Gone, at the least.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:09 pm 
We're going streaking!

Captain Collector wrote:
The exclusives solicited at Comicon last year (Tick was NOT among them, he is supposed to be a series 2 release) has not been released. Neither has Mr. Gone or the rest of wave 2. The Tick was released because he is popular, and was made in clear green (for his friend Nomad, who paid for production) and clear blue (paid for by Astro Zombies). Tick himself was never a convention exclusive. And no, putting a gold sticker on Tick does not an exclusive make. Geoff tried to take my money by telling myself, Julius, and others that his exclusives were merely "stuck in customs", and would ship in 3 weeks. I don't suffer liars

Interesting on The Tick. Which is probably the best explanation as to why the exclusive accessories were removed... they probably never existed!

And now I can can go do what I've been meaning to do and remove The Tick Series 2 figure from my pre-orders since I basically already have him!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:49 pm 

The "Sneek preview" Tick was originally solicited with extras,'like the tie and viewmaster, but those extras cost money, so they were dropped. I think we are seeing the last days of Shocker Toys. This year, they rented the back wall of someone else' booth at Comicon. They had a paper sign. No sign of anything beyond blue & green ticks, and a few leftover series one. It was really sad. Now I read Others in pursuit cannot get their monies refunded for toys undelivered.