Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why is every '90s ToyBiz Captain America so big???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 pm 
5th Horseman

Okay, even since I was a kid I have been bothered by scale...

I have been searching for a Cap figure (custom or otherwise) that will suit my needs for my 90s/ToyBiz/Animated Avengers collection. The X-Men toys had a few scale problems, but not like this...

I currently have the Electrospark Captain America figure, from the latter part of the Spider-Man animated line, heading up my Avengers.

As it stands (Ha! No pun intended!), Cap towers over Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk. (Well, the animated Iron Man always was a little too small, in my opinion). Most of the Caps, save the 1990 MCSH version, is nearly tall enough to work with ML 6" scale.

From what I know I have these to choose from:

1) Spider-Man Electrospark Captain America (too tall)
2) Avengers Animated Captain America (looks to be similar mold as the Spider-Man version)
3) Marvel vs Capcom Captain America (too tall)
4) American Heroes Box Set Captain America (looks to be similar mold as Marvel vs Capcom)
5) Marvel Comics Super Heroes Captain America (obviously different style, and a little small)

Or, should I just be of the mindset (as with Transformers), scale isn't all that important, and I should just appreciate the toys, scale flaws and all.

What do you guys think? Any pictures of size comparisons would be awesome!!

-J

Post subject: Re: Why is every '90s ToyBiz Captain America so big???
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:07 pm 
Unbreakable

Hmm. I never noticed the Capcom Cap was too tall. I was always thinking that Thor you have pictured was too short.

I see you have the Avengers Vision in there. I'm still pissed they never released Iron Man and Thunderstrike in that line...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm 
5th Horseman

kevfett wrote:
Hmm. I never noticed the Capcom Cap was too tall. I was always thinking that Thor you have pictured was too short.

I see you have the Avengers Vision in there. I'm still pissed they never released Iron Man and Thunderstrike in that line...

If you stand that Cap up next to anyone else in the "comparable" line, he towers over them... big time. Is there a better Thor figure that would work for this collection? There aren't very many Thors that were made that I know of.

I liked some of the animated figures, but the scale (go figure) was kind of off on a few of them, and they were slightly different style than the previous Marvel toys had been.

-J

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm 
5th Horseman

HalJordanist wrote:
kevfett wrote:

If you stand that Cap up next to anyone else in the "comparable" line, he towers over them... big time. Is there a better Thor figure that would work for this collection? There aren't very many Thors that were made that I know of.

I liked some of the animated figures, but the scale (go figure) was kind of off on a few of them, and they were slightly different style than the previous Marvel toys had been.

-J

Oh, I just realized you said the Capcom version... I used to have him ages back. I think I do recall him being a little too tall. Does anyone have any comparison pics?

-J