Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Do you have questions about the DCUC Subcription?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:27 pm 
Daniel Pickett

There still seems to be a LOT of confusion around the DCUC Infinite Earths Subscription.

Do you still have questions about the sub plan that you need answered before you get on board?

Post them HERE and we'll do our best this week to get them answered from Mattel.

Hurry though! The sub ends this weekend so we want to get them the questions ASAP!

Post subject: Re: Do you have questions about the DCUC Subcription?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:50 pm 
Aspires to be #1

What happens to all of the planned figures if the sub doesn't get enough support to go forward?

Why are people allowed to vote on the sub exclusive figure without signing up for the sub first?

Why are people allowed to vote as many times as they want for the sub exclusive when it was said we would only get one vote?

Will there be new packaging for the sub figures?

Will the sub figures be put into neutral poses to avoid warpage?

Why aren't you promoting the sub more?

Will we have as much pull as MOTU collectors do regarding their sub and figures?

Will Mattel interact with us on the sub as much as you do MOTU collectors?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm 
serves the Otter

20% of WHAT?!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

Why were Ghostbusters and Voltron given subs blindly, while DC fans have to reach a certain goal first?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 am 
shirtless hugger

Can you guarantee that none of the subscription figures will be repaints or rereleases of previous figures?

How much new tooling can we expect to see from the sub figures?

How frequently will you be revealing what the subscription figures are going to be?

Why was a subscription attempt like this possible for DCU Classics, but not for JLU?

I'd also like to second Joel's question: Why were Ghostbusters and Voltron given subs blindly, while DC fans have to reach a certain goal first?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:49 am 
5th Horseman

It seems obvious to me that Ghostbusters and Voltron were both licenses that they acquired specifically for selling exclusively on Mattycollector. That means that their entire budget was based on selling an expected amount directly to collectors. The DC stuff (we're told) hasn't done that well online, possibly because it's competing with a ton of other DC stuff at retail. So Mattel wants a guaranteed sales level before investing in a new project in the same line that hasn't sold that well in the past.

My question is: Why such a short time to order the subscription? Is two weeks really enough time to get the word out?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 am 
5" Scale

Why was there not a program in place to get the DC sub info in-front of DC fans?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 pm 
shirtless hugger

1) I know they can't be specific, but I would like to know 20% of what as well. The same as He-Man? Much more the He-Man? A lot more than Voltron or Ghostbusters? Just something general would be sufficient.

2) I'd also like to know what the first non-exclusive C&C is. He should ship in the same timeframe as the three figures shown, so they should know who it is and if it's a must have that should liven up some fence-sitters. Just a name would be sufficient if nothing is ready.

3) What do they plan to do liven up the figures? In the AFI interview, they said that Atroctius would be bigger - that's excellent. But what do they plan for other figures? How would they make this sub the envy of non-subscribers?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm 
Variant Head

1- Will every figure come with a stand ??

2- Will you pack in 2 or more heads as much as possible?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm 
active in the community

I ordered SDCC Swamp Thing, a box of DC Superpowers stands, and a DCUC Club sub on the same order. Checked out fine and got a notice of Matty receiving my order. However, when I read the club sub details, it stated that sub orders could not be placed w/non-sub orders. Should I be worried?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
An Insider

Do we have to reach 100% for the sub to move forward?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:42 pm 
5" Scale

stjames wrote:
I ordered SDCC Swamp Thing, a box of DC Superpowers stands, and a DCUC Club sub on the same order. Checked out fine and got a notice of Matty receiving my order. However, when I read the club sub details, it stated that sub orders could not be placed w/non-sub orders. Should I be worried?

you need to contact them

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:43 pm 
5th Horseman

Why was there only given 2 weeks notice to put a subscription, we knew nothing about, into effect? Voltron had NO requirement and previous knowledge of subscription was simply a go?

If we do not get the subscription, will the figures be available on Matty?

If so, will the "Subscription Exclusive" be rolled into an "Oversized item" release?

If the figures will be made avail on Matty regardless of a subscription, then explain the requirement for an ACTUAL number of people to move the subscription forward. If the figures will be there either way, wouldn't the subscription just ENSURE sales?

Why is Mattel's DC presence diminishing throughout both retail AND online when so much emphasis is being put into DC from an entertainment POV (ie DC Nation on Cartoon Network).

Has Mattel thought about on-air advertising for Mattycollector in general to air during shows like Young Justice and future DC Nation shows?

Why did FANS have to seek out information about this subscription? The information revealed during the Comic Con panel did nothing to inspire fans to purchase the subscription, and in fact, left more unanswered questions and skepticism.

Why wasn't information pushed out to various point of sales sites? It feels like you're marketing to the people who would already consume. DCUC Lasted for 20 waves at retail... If only THOSE people knew about the subscription it would be at 100% by now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:20 pm 
serves the Otter

Why haven't the brand managers in charge of this line been fired yet due to gross incompetence? Seriously.... many posts above point out all kinds of examples of foolish mistakes made at the management level, not the least of which includes horrible miscommunication about this program at SDCC and a severe lack of marketing these last 2 weeks to actually make people know about it and want to subscribe! And what's the deal with the ridiculous 2-week time limit to get in our orders? It's not like the figures are going to be ready to go anytime soon. The first ones won't ship until next APRIL! So why not let this run for 2-3 MONTHS to help gain momentum from word of mouth or casual collectors who aren't going to find out about it before the time limit runs out next week?!

A "subscription" is not a tangible object taking up inventory space in a warehouse and costing Mattel to store it. So there should be no "limited time only" timeframe to motivate sales in order to "clear out the warehouse", especially when there's a penalty to those who DID buy it if enough don't sell within the ridiculously short timeframe.

I swear, we better not hear that same old tired excuse of the fans being "loud but not numerous" when this thing gets cancelled in a week or two. :roll:

And finally, I once again ask my original question: 20% of WHAT?? The bar better not be set at MOTUC level demand. Unlike DC, MOTUC does not have similarly-themed lines competing with it to get its fanbase's dollars. So stop comparing the two! :evil:

Last edited by shabbyblue on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

If the first figure isn't due until April, why is the sub sign up due at the same time as MOTUC, Ghostbusters, and Voltron which begin 3 months earlier in January? We should have at least an extra month, if not three.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next