Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Part of my Disney collection
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi, all!

Here is a part of my Disney collection. A lot is stored in boxes (because I haven't got much space in my room), like books, comics, cd's (soundtracks, music from the parks, the parades (including the parades during Christmas and Halloween)), lots of Happy Meal figures and pvc figures, etc. Here are some photos of the stuff I have displayed in my room, where Disney music is playing almost every day. I hope you like it!!

Here are some of the Duckburg inhabitants:

My Disney dvd's with a complete set of 60 figures from an Italian figure collection:

When I put the lights on in this showcase it changes colors (Unfortunately, I can't take a picture with the lights on, because the photo gets blurred):

Both castles with and without their lights on. These photos were taken some time ago when they were standing in another showcase:

Post subject: Re: Part of my Disney collection
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Wow. Very cool collection! Thanks for posting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Really digging those Italian figures. Great collection!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 am 
proverbial old fart

:shock: WOW!

What an amazing collection!

So, tell us a little more about it. Where do the figures come from? Do you visit Disneyland/World frequently?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks very much for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:42 pm 
shirtless hugger

Stunning collection! :shock: I am SOOOOOO jealous of all your Ducktales figures, especially those beagle boy and professor Von Drake figures! Where do you live? Where are they from?

And the castles look amazing. Especially lit up like that! Very very impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:35 am 
MINT!

Great collection.
The castle does look amazing lit up.
The De Agostini figures are a lot larger than I thought they were. They all look superb.
Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thank you all for your kind comments!!!

Glenn2000 wrote:
:shock: WOW!

What an amazing collection!

So, tell us a little more about it. Where do the figures come from? Do you visit Disneyland/World frequently?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks very much for sharing!

Which figures do you mean? The Italian ones with the black stands? They were available only at Italian kiosks. There was a magazine (in Italian language) with each figure, telling everything about that specific figure (unfortunately, I couldn't read it). The first issue was sold on January 3, 2003. Every next issue was sold every two weeks. The last one (60th) was sold on April 8, 2005. This was the first series. The second series is the collection with the grey stands (same thing: sold every two weeks, starting on August 30, 2008). A lot of figures are still available on Ebay!! And no, I don't go to Disneyland/Walt Disney World often. I live in The Netherlands and I've been in Walt Disney World only once (1996)!!! I've been a few times to Disneyland Paris, but these collectibles are not for sale over there.

bat313 wrote:
Stunning collection! :shock: I am SOOOOOO jealous of all your Ducktales figures, especially those beagle boy and professor Von Drake figures! Where do you live? Where are they from?

And the castles look amazing. Especially lit up like that! Very very impressive!

Do you mean the Beagle Boys and Von Drake with the black or grey stands? They're from Italy (see above). I bought the pvc Beagle Boys on Ebay. They are still available, although quite expensive (look for Panzerknacker). The REAL rare pvc figures are... you won't believe it... Horace and Clarabelle!!!!!

Here's a link where the Beagle Boys are sold for a good price!!!

http://cgi.ebay.nl/4x-Panzerknacker-Fig ... 48403e6886]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:11 pm 
active in the community

Those castles are amazing, as is your collection of figures. Thanks for sharing this!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:36 am 
proverbial old fart

You pretty much answered my question. I apologize for not being very clear in my asking about the figures in your collection.

So, do you have any photos to share of your visits to Disneyland Paris?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am 
shirtless hugger

Rowi wrote:
bat313 wrote:

Do you mean the Beagle Boys and Von Drake with the black or grey stands? They're from Italy (see above). I bought the pvc Beagle Boys on Ebay. They are still available, although quite expensive (look for Panzerknacker). The REAL rare pvc figures are... you won't believe it... Horace and Clarabelle!!!!!

Here's a link where the Beagle Boys are sold for a good price!!!

http://cgi.ebay.nl/4x-Panzerknacker-Fig ... 48403e6886]

Thanks but the link is in Dutch and i don't think they ship to the US. I can't even get the page translated. That's exactly what i want though, 4 beagle boys right out of Ducktales. Very awesome!

The ones on the black stands from Italy are awesome as well. One thing about being Italian American, i almost wish i grew up in Italy just cause the Scrooge & Donald comics are so popular there. It must be in my blood!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 am 
Cold-cast

Rowi wrote:
Here are some photos of the stuff I have displayed in my room, where Disney music is playing almost every day.

Lol, that's awesome.

What's your favorite Disney song and movie?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:00 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

bat313 wrote:
Thanks but the link is in Dutch and i don't think they ship to the US. I can't even get the page translated. That's exactly what i want though, 4 beagle boys right out of Ducktales. Very awesome!

The ones on the black stands from Italy are awesome as well. One thing about being Italian American, i almost wish i grew up in Italy just cause the Scrooge & Donald comics are so popular there. It must be in my blood!

Sorry to hear that. I noticed they were sold. I thought it was by you! :-(

The Italian comics are popular here too (living in The Netherlands). They are sold as Donald Duck Pockets (translated in Dutch, of course) and I love the fact that so many characters who were once created as minor stars, are hugely popular in Italy! Characters like Professor Ludwig Von Drake and Fethry Duck are hardly ever seen in the Dutch comics (a few times in the '50's).

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:06 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

JamesTheRogue wrote:
Rowi wrote:
Here are some photos of the stuff I have displayed in my room, where Disney music is playing almost every day.

Lol, that's awesome.

What's your favorite Disney song and movie?

Oooh, that's a very difficult question. I don't really have a favorite song and movie! I love them all!

Mmm, now I think of it: 'When You Wish Upon a Star' is a very Disneyesque song and I love the character of Cruella de Vil. These came to mind, but, as I said, I love them all! :-)

The music I love playing is the parade music, because there are pieces of lots of movies in it!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Glenn2000 wrote:
You pretty much answered my question. I apologize for not being very clear in my asking about the figures in your collection.

So, do you have any photos to share of your visits to Disneyland Paris?

That's all right! :-) Unfortunately no photos I can show you, they are not digital... :-(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what it is called ....

but I love you little light up castle :D and thats alot of dvds you have, are they all Disney?

Very cool,
M.