Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie Masters Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm 
Brand Manager

That's some local auction site. I'm almost sure that's not related to Ebay.

I bet these will hit Ebay soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:10 am 
Brand Manager

The Green Lantern movie will premiere today here in Brazil :mrgreen:

Finally! :mrgreen:

Of course it could be way better, but it's Green Lantern anyway :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 pm 
serves the Otter

Magog wrote:

Prepare yourself for complete and utter disappointment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am 
BANNED

Magog wrote:

the true is the movie is not bad I liked a lot, it is funny, and in some way is deep tought, what is most powerful the will power or the fear? it was my favorite superhero movie this summer #1 Green Lantern, #2 X-men First Class, #3 Thor and last Captain America.

Characters like Sinestro look awesome and the Guardians and Hammond too, and there are a lot of scenes where the watchers can enjoy the really amazing and inmense butt of Ryan Reynolds!! :P

The movie has a lack of climax but there are many other moments with a lot of emotion like when all the Green Lanterns together send light to the Oa´s sky, enjoy it, higly recommended!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:57 pm 
Brand Manager

I just came back from the theater, and to be really honest, I enjoyed it, a lot.

Of course I read all the bad reviews and all, and it could have helped, cause I have sooooo low expectation that it looked awesome in comparison.

Of course the fact that I'm a big fan of green Lantern helped too :wink:

My son, Arthur (9 years old) asked if we could watch it again, and guess what? We'll be watching it at least one more time :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:40 am 
BANNED

Magog wrote:
I just came back from the theater, and to be really honest, I enjoyed it, a lot.

Of course I read all the bad reviews and all, and it could have helped, cause I have sooooo low expectation that it looked awesome in comparison.

Of course the fact that I'm a big fan of green Lantern helped too :wink:

My son, Arthur (9 years old) asked if we could watch it again, and guess what? We'll be watching it at least one more time :mrgreen:

it´s the same with me, the reviews say so many bad things about this movie that when you finally wacht it, you like it. I am going to watch it again several times, in theaters and in dvd. I some time have tought that some group or someone tried to ruin this movie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:47 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Gotta disagree. It was BAD. Worst of the four superhero movies this summer, by far.

I will agree that Sinestro was the bright spot. If they manage to get GL2 off the ground, I will look forward to him having more screen time as the main antagonist.

That, and the Sinestro Corps. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I know that Target clearanced the MMs out, but Walmart still has the pegs (actually on the mod sheets and not just worked in, at least locally) after the reset so I have pretty high hopes that the rest of the line will make it out without having to scour the close-out places. I'm betting that there will be another aisle cube or an endcap display when the DVD hits. My store only has two MMs left from the initial shipments, how are the pegs around you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 am 
Fugitive Dust

Shellhead wrote:
Gotta disagree. It was BAD. Worst of the four superhero movies this summer, by far.

I will agree, it was the worst of the four. But to me, it was an average film, but the marketing toted it like it was going to be Star Wars level epic and that the outer space aspects of the film and the GL Corps were playing a major role in it and it was disappointing when that was the opposite. The biggest example being the TV spots/Trailers that eluded to the Corps helping Hal in the final battle, when it ended up being they didn't.

The film was waaaayyy overhyped. And while I'm not a movie budget expert, visual effects wise, I still can't believe this film cost more to make than TF:DOTM. (Say what you will about that film, but the effects in that are plentiful and top notch.)

In the end, it was the WB and their marketing that made this film a big disappointment in my eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 am 
Collector Inspector

Sinestro was the best part of the movie. Wouldn't it be cool if you could buy his action figure in a store? That would be a great idea!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 am 
5" Scale

I have been a huge GL fan for as long as I can remember, I enjoyed the movie for what it was and I enjoy the MM figures, but out of the 4 comic book movies I saw this summer, sadly it was the worst by far

Captain America
X-Men First Class
Thor
Green Lantern

in that order for me, I am hoping we get a GL2 and they focus more on the space part of GL and less on earth.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:46 pm 
Brand Manager

Since most if not all) of us agree that Sinestro was really great, what you guys would tink about a yellow corps version of Sinestro in Movie Masters?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:35 pm 
Collector Inspector

Magog wrote:
Since most if not all) of us agree that Sinestro was really great, what you guys would tink about a yellow corps version of Sinestro in Movie Masters?

I would love it! The line needs villains.

I'm not a Mattel-basher,but I'm pretty critical at how the Movie Masters line was handled. Stores took too long to stock them. They over ordered the first wave and that wave just died in the toy aisle and its' corpse is keeping the later waves from getting stocked. Target got rid of them all together. The 11-piece C+C figure has completely backfired. I can't even find Wave 2 in the stores. Waves 3, 4 and 5 are still coming? Really? That means no villains have made it to retail (Krona and Hector Hammond) and the best character in the movie (Sinestro) is impossible to find at retail, not to mention another major corp member (SDCC Exclusive Kilowog). All we have so far is Hal, Tomar, a fish and Rot Lop Fan who can only possibly appeal to collectors.(Edit: oh yeah, and Ghu in the GL2 line. I forgot!) Maybe they should have just done 2 Waves, 4 figures each, and a 6 or 8 piece C+C, and schedule it in a way so everything can make it to retail.

My enthusiasm for the line has died and it wasn't the movie that killed it. I used to want to build Parallax! I want Sinestro and Isamot and that's it. If I find the others at a discount store then that will be just extra gravy. I hope Mattel considers putting the last few waves on Mattycollector. They say that the release of later waves depends on retailers selling through old stock but we know how that's going.

I hope if they go through with a sequel , they continue with the Movie Masters, including some creepy alien Sinestro corp members (!!!), but they should be less ambitious with the C+C situation.

Anyway...Is anyone finding Sinestro out there (not including online shops)? I need to know!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:54 am 
Brand Manager

Hector Hammond on Ebay!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hector-Hammond- ... 2eb7738b4e

The first one :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm 
Resin

I'm probably one of the few on here who really loves movie figures, but this particular figure looks like a Police Academy villain from the old (was it Kenner?) line back in the late 80's-early 90's. Awful execution for a collector-aimed line. Hopefully, other pictures do him better justice...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next