Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Richard Scarry's Busytown Figures, Cars, Plushes & Playsets?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Have you seen these things?! I always wanted Richard Scarry toys when I was younger and when I first saw them in the stores my eyes popped out of my head. I got all six plushes for my birthday as well as the figure two-packs of Lowly Worm and Pig Will and Huckle Cat and Hilda Hippo.

I cannot believe how much these are pegwarming at Toys R Us. I'm broke right now but I think me and my family have been the only people in the entire Framingham Toys R Us to actually buy these things which makes no sense at all to me as these are almost as cool as the new ThunderCats.

I doubt there will be a second wave due to poor sales but that just makes being a completist easier. Once Christmas is over these will be mine!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Post subject: Re: Richard Scarry's Busytown Figures, Cars, Plushes & Plays
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I hadn't even heard of these. Thanks for the heads up.

Where in TRU are the located?

I'm going to have to go and check them out for myself. If that little Gold Bug or an Apple car gets made and I miss it I'll be kicking myself for years to come.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:02 am 

They were in the preschool section. There IS an apple car with Lowly Worm in it but I didn't see the Bug. They DO have Bananas Gorilla in the Bananamobile, Hilda in her Pencil Car and Mr. Prickle in his Pickle Car.

There are a ton of them there. These aren't selling at ALL and Toys R Us is currently doing a sale on them. The two packs of figures and cars are usually six dollars each but I got mine for $4.50 with my birthday money. Everything is currently 25% off.

The plushes are the absolute best. Aside from having beanies of Lowly Worm, Huckle and Sally Cat, Hilda Hippo, Mr. Fixit and Sgt. Murphy they have a giant Lowly that comes with a DVD. I wish they did a Bananas Gorilla or Mr. Prickle plush but I don't see these ever getting a second wave.

The only set my Toys R Us didn't have was Hilda Hippo's shop. I think it's the only thing that hasn't come out yet but my Toys R Us has multiples of everything else.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:20 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I picked these up about 2 months ago-- there are the cars- and there are also 4 figure 2 packs-- Included are Lowly, Huckle, Officer Murphy, Bananas, Mr. Fixit, Hilda, and 2 others- The problem is one character car is only available in one of the 30.00 playsets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 am 

stewbacca wrote:
I picked these up about 2 months ago-- there are the cars- and there are also 4 figure 2 packs-- Included are Lowly, Huckle, Officer Murphy, Bananas, Mr. Fixit, Hilda, and 2 others- The problem is one character car is only available in one of the 30.00 playsets.

Which one? Are you talking about the firetruck with the pig?

Those thirty dollar playsets look like great buys to me. The figures and cars are shockingly inexpensive (6 dollar for two figures!) and Toys R Us has been putting these on sale a lot (for 25% off). I'm gonna be broke until after Christmas but I'm going to stock up on these as soon as it's over. These aren't moving at all either so I expect some heavy duty clearance sales.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:42 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Fone Bone wrote:
Which one? Are you talking about the firetruck with the pig?

Those thirty dollar playsets look like great buys to me. The figures and cars are shockingly inexpensive (6 dollar for two figures!) and Toys R Us has been putting these on sale a lot (for 25% off). I'm gonna be broke until after Christmas but I'm going to stock up on these as soon as it's over. These aren't moving at all either so I expect some heavy duty clearance sales.

Yeah-- they are probably good values-- but since I dont have the room for playsets- and no Kids-- so I really am only getting them for the collectibility- so I dislike when they are packed that way--

I personally think the cars and figures are a little over priced-- should be no more than 5.00 (since you can get the Jedi Force, and Mystery Mates for that price..)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 pm 

They're cheaper than JLU and ThunderCats figures and you actually get two of them! They're cheaper than Action League too.

I got them for $4.50 each because of the sale too. Not too shabby. Nice plastic and sturdier than Thundercats, Action League and JLU. Not very many point of articulation but they ARE kind of small. I'm going to get all of these after Christmas is over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 pm 

I picked up Bananas Gorilla in his Bananamobile. Awesomeness is yellow and shaped like a banana.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:22 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

very cool...I still have the original Richard Scarry toys, still in boxes...gotta dig up a pic.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm 

I picked up figures of Sgt. Murphy and Bananas Gorilla and Huckle's Blue car. They are very cute!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 am 

Used Christmas money and gift certificates to get the Town News Stand, Town Grocery Store, Town Home and Garden, and Town Gas Station. They came with figures of Sally Cat and Mr. Fixit and Vehicles of Mr. Frumble in his Pickle Car and Mr. Fixit in his van. Great toys, all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:05 am 

I finally have the Roadway starter set, the Fire Station, and I got the Town Hall for Christmas.

Question: has anyone who has every set assembled the town yet? I have them all but I'm going to wait to buy a table to display them. Does anyone know what dimensions a table would have to be to support the whole town? Is there a place to look that up online? Thanks in advance.

(In case anyone is wondering why I don't just set up the set on the floor, it's because I have severe OCD and don't like my things touching the floor. Any help would be appreciated.)