Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie Masters Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 am 
Resin

That would have actually been a cool 2-pack, but maybe they didn't want to do it because we didn't see the whole SC costume in the movie, did we? I forget. If we did, then no excuses. If we didn't, then you could offer the excuse that they didn't want to make any non-canon figures in the movie masters line.

What annoys me is how every single Mattel movie line is handled. They repeatedly fail in a huge way compared to Hasbro, but Mattel continually refuses to acknowledge or correct their mistakes. Mattel believes that they need to make two different lines and aim that at two different demographics (movie masters for adult collectors - 4" McDonald's toys for kids), but they're wrong, and Hasbro has proven how wrong Mattel is. Hasbro makes super-articulated, movie-based figures, even mixing in comic-based figures, and they throw in an accessory that a kid might like, and these are huge sellers! Yes, they may peg-warm eventually, but only because of the sheer volume produced, only after a huge volume is sold, and nowhere nearly as badly as these pathetic Green Lantern figures.

Mattel's second failure is that they repeated the same business plan they had for the Dark Knight movie masters where they only released 3-4 figures to start which clogged the pegs, and that's pretty much the end of the line. I don't know yet how or when I'll be able to get the rest of these GLmm figures in stores. To Mattel's credit, they replaced the stupid evidence accessories of the Dark Knight line with a C&C, so kudos for that, but they should have released the line in 2 waves or something like a standard DCUC assortment or Green Lantern Classics. Hasbro releases tons of different figures at once in a wave so there's lots of variety on the shelf. Why Mattel can only release 3-4 of a kind at a time for movies is baffling. Even if it is done for contractual reasons, Mattel needs to work out a better contract.

I am especially surprised at Scott who seems like he really understands the business and the franchises he works with and cares about what fans think and want. I expected better from this line. I wish Mattel could comment, like sports teams do at a press conference, about their performance, but I guess in business, everything needs to be super-secret. God forbid Hasbro gets any more of an upper hand... :roll:

***And to clarify, I generally like what Mattel produces and how Mattel interacts with collectors a lot more than Hasbro, but because I like Mattel so much, I hold it to a higher standard, which I expect to be met. They're just not living up to their potential or to expectations, and they should know that. Hasbro product is easier for me to find, restocked with more regularity and often sees more sales, all of which I appreciate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 am 
Collector Inspector

I'm happy I got an answer to my question! :) Sadly, the answer is not the greatest news. :|

Quote:
Q5. Will we see the remainder of The Green Lantern Movie Masters at retail before the end of the year? Are retailers (Mainly Walmart, TRU and Kmart) making the effort to order and stock these beyond Wave 1.5? If any more GL Movie Master product will be made available on Mattycollector, can we know soon?

A5. At this point, it looks like the remaining GL MM will ship to online retailers and B to B stores. We are working with sales to get a full list of retailers confirmed taking the final mixes to help toy collectors zero in on where to shop. But likely the final mixes will not make it to the top big box retailers at this time.

I'm just happy that Mattel gave an answer and I'm encouraged to hear they're going to help us zero in on where to shop. I ended up really like these figures, I've just been really grouchy at the distribution and the way they were rolled out. I'm disappointed that the Big Box store over-ordered the first wave and then they just died. It's like the Movie Masters died faster than the 4 inch line. They should have done 2 waves of 6 figures each or something. I believe Mattel has said that Green Lantern toys have been a commercial success but it's hard to see that from our vantage point.

It kinda sounds like they're going to try to find other stores for these like TJ Maxx, Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, Gordmans, etc for brick and mortar stores. Sigh. I just got Sinestro and Isamot Kol from Amazon. I'm going to quit for now and watch for these at the smaller stores. I hope Mattel can get these in discount stores. This Parallax Collect and connect promotion is looking like a failure, but I hope for all the collectors of this line they succeed.

Maybe I'm extracting too much doom and gloom from the answer. I am happy that Mattel is trying to get these out. I love the figures!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:38 am 
Brand Manager

funtime3 wrote:
I am happy that Mattel is trying to get these out. I love the figures!

I second that :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am 
Brand Manager

I don't know if you already saw that, but Green Lantern Morro hit Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390352255205?ss ... _26wt_1142

I haven't posted it before, cause I was bidding and I just don't wanted more competition (toynewsi.com already posted news about it with a link :? ).

I won the auction, and I just can'twait to assemble the movie GL Corps :mrgreen:

PS: If anyone here can't wait a feww weeks to get it from the shelves, the seller listed another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Mattel-Green ... _26wt_1142

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

He looks pretty cool.

So now I need him and the big headed guy, and I can call it a day for this line.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Does Morro come with his Hammer or one of his Pets?

Not that it makes a big difference, I don't really plan on getting him either way, but it would be really cool if he did.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am 
Brand Manager

Well, at least the one that I bought don't come with any acessories, but it would be really cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:32 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Picked up an Isamot Kol and Sinestro today from Meijer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 pm 
Brand Manager

Hi guys! My Movie masters Morro finally arrived! :mrgreen:

What a weird and cool figure! :shock:

The figure comes with one of these translucent green stands (and it can't stand without it), have a lot of articulations (2 ball jointed articulations in each leg and in each arm) the head is made of a soft plastic, the painting in my figure is flawless, it comes with a cool cape (there are 2 holes on the upper side of it, and two pointy parts of Morro's back appear thru it).

IMO one of the coolest figures, and a beautifull redesign (anyway, it's close to the source material). I really love the alien aspect of this collection. The movie isn't half of what it should be, but it's Movie master collection is just awesome. I really love it :mrgreen:

Here's some pics of Morro (and friends):

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am 
5th Horseman

can I ask a stupid question? Why is Killowog NOT in the same shade of green as EVERY other lantern? In the Movie Masters line, they are all metallic, except him. In the 4" line he is an swampy GREEN When everyone else is in a bright kelly GREEN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 am 
Collector Inspector

Great pictures Magog, thanks! When I saw Morro at NYCC, he looked smaller than the other figures and a little cheap but I'll still get him If I can find a good deal. I just ordered Abin Sur from ebay.
Heres a pic of Parallax I snapped at NYCC. Good angle, still looks bad, but I'll still try to complete it. Not in a hurry to build it so I'm going to wait for bargains on the rest of the figures. I don't have many discount stores but I hope the later waves ship to them. Only TJMaxx and Marshalls and a few Tuesday Mornings here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm 
serves the Otter

Gosh. That looks JUST like what was in the movie. :roll:

Looks more like a burn victim that just got recruited into the Sinestro Corps.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 am 
Brand Manager

They could have made a stel BAF in the first 7 figures, and included Guardians with the rest of them. That would have been way better IMO. Anyway, I really love the movie GL Corps :mrgreen:

Now, that's something I would really like to see included in the Movie masters line:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 00&start=0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Magog wrote:
They could have made a stel BAF in the first 7 figures, and included Guardians with the rest of them. That would have been way better IMO. Anyway, I really love the movie GL Corps

Was the movie Stel really any different than the Green Lantern Classics Stel we just got? If you *must* have a Movie Masters Stel, I figure it would work just fine. Or heck, DC Direct has a Stel coming out either this week or next - just use it. Easy peasy.

Me, I'm tempted to re-paint a Fantastic Four movie Thing into Hannu. Though I guess that would have to be more of the comic Hannu; the movie version was a changed a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:57 pm 
shirtless hugger

Magog wrote:
Hi guys! My Movie masters Morro finally arrived! :mrgreen:

What a weird and cool figure! :shock:

The figure comes with one of these translucent green stands (and it can't stand without it), have a lot of articulations (2 ball jointed articulations in each leg and in each arm) the head is made of a soft plastic, the painting in my figure is flawless, it comes with a cool cape (there are 2 holes on the upper side of it, and two pointy parts of Morro's back appear thru it).

IMO one of the coolest figures, and a beautifull redesign (anyway, it's close to the source material). I really love the alien aspect of this collection. The movie isn't half of what it should be, but it's Movie master collection is just awesome. I really love it :mrgreen:

Here's some pics of Morro (and friends):

:mrgreen:

Magog, I was not into this line at all. Then, a few days ago, I stumbled into this thread and saw your pictures of all of the GLs together. Now I WANT THEM ALL.

And I blame you.

:-D

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next