Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A new Batman CGI cartoon is coming
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 am 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:
...but Batman has never had a problem with Jim Gordon or the GCPD carrying guns...

Commissioner Gordon? A cop. Cops carry guns. Cops are not in the direct employ of Batman.
Aflred? A butler

Little different.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 am 
Variant Head

Yeah I saw a teaser poster and well this show looks like it will be the Batman all over again. Trying to hard to freshen things up but probably by season 3 will be watchable lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Actually, this seems to be fairly reminiscent of the proposed Geoff Johns/Gary Frank "Earth One: Batman" book that was slated and never hit (surprising since Earth One: Superman was such a success it's getting a second book).

In that one, Batman was a bit more novice, and Alfred drew a bit more on his military background and was more "hands on" as an aide to Batman. I originally thought it was odd for a comic story to try and head in this direction, interesting if that is really one of the sources for this new animated series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 am 
Collector Inspector

More animated info.

Looks like Doom Patrol will be a short instead of a series :(

But there is also two cutsie shorts: Wonder Woman, Batgirl and Supergirl are "Super Best Friends Forever" and there will also be a Batman short in the same style as 'Creature Comforts."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/05/ ... ns-batman/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Aardman Animation + Batman = WIN!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

tuning4k wrote:
Looks like Doom Patrol will be a short instead of a series :(

God.

Damn.

It.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:44 am 
declined to be a vampire

This already looks terrible. That's not any classic Batman I remember.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:24 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I really dislike the look-- but what I hate is that anything done by Morrison is even coming near this. Pyg is one of the worst villians to come along (not to mention whoever was drawing the comic at the time)-Which is one thing this art style is better than....

In reality maybe they should introduce a new villian named Morrison and he can be the first person to actually kill Batman..

Otherwise More Batman is always good-- although I will always prefer BTAS- he is the perfect Batman to me-- I still liked Brave and the Bold and The Batman as well-- but please no Morrison.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

funny, i was JUST wishing frank quitely was drawing the new aquaman. i think his art style is awesome. it's very specific to him, much like darwyn cooke, frank miller, sergio arragones and kyle baker.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cartoon Network Wants You to Beware the Batman!

by SuperHeroHype

March 28, 2012

Cartoon Network has announced that a new Batman series is premiering later this year. Called "Beware the Batman," the new show will be the first to adapt the caped crusader with CGI animation. Check out the first piece of teaser artwork beneath the official description:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!

Post subject: Re: Beware The Batman!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Teaser for Cartoon Network's Beware the Batman

by SuperHeroHype

April 18, 2012

Cartoon Network has started airing this promo for the new Batman series premiering later this year. Called Beware the Batman, the new show will be the first to adapt the caped crusader with CGI animation. You can watch the teaser below the official description:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 am 
Variant Head

I am sorry to be that guy but is this "cutting edge" cgi the same as the GL series ?? If so I am less then impressed. The GL toon looks so 90s and feels more like a Star Wars toon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be much different from the GL animation, but that teaser certainly has me having my doubts now. If the CGI doesn't improve I hope the writing at least steps up to the job...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Producers Talk Beware the Batman Cartoon

by SuperHeroHype

July 17, 2012

The DC Nation programming block on Cartoon Network is growing steadily. Very soon their newest show Beware the Batman will be joining the ranks of the Green Lantern animated series and Young Justice.

The producers for Beware the Batman, Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson, spoke with IGN about the series and how it will differ from other Batman cartoons and films.

One: it’s the first CGI Batman show which is a huge part of it. Two: we’re taking Batman far back into his roots of being a detective. At its core, the show is a procedural. Even though Batman has his gadgets and his gear and his cars, at his core, it’s about a guy looking at clues and figuring things out and putting the pieces together so that ultimately he can solve the crime with his brain as opposed to just with his fists. And the third biggest difference is that you’re not going to see any villains that have ever been shown before in any animated show. There’s no Joker, Penguin, or Riddler. It’s all new villains pulled from the DC universe who are either well known or not known at all. All of those things give the show a completely different feel than shows in the past.

How does the sound of no primary villains showing up in the cartoon sound to you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

SDcomics wrote:
How does the sound of no primary villains showing up in the cartoon sound to you?

Bad.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next