Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iron Man 2 figures at retail
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I don't have that particular drone, so that would be 2/4 for me. I don't NEED the other drone but it wouldn't hurt. The IM I could just hide in the Hall of Armor.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:09 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I actually got Fury for a 1.00 at a local comic book store-- sometimes I dont understand their pricing, (now only if they would get the Marvel comics one in)

Also-- just realized that those two drones I found-- were actually from Hasbro Canada stock (with multilingual packaging on the back)--

So youre telling me they are actually bringing extra older Iron Man Figures-- back into the country-- come on...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 pm 

I went ahead and got the IM 4 pack today and I am glad I did. It scanned at $24.99, so after they let me have it for $19.99, they pulled he tag.

I do not see the price on this coming down, at least until after Christmas, if there are any left then. I saw the Avengers preview on line this morning and Jackson appears to have a much bigger role in this one, in the same suit as the figure. I think when the preview is more widely seen, the "I have to have that NOW" people are going to snap up what is left of these. That is the downside. The upside is there will probably be a single, but it will probably be it the last and least distributed wave.

I finally got the variant Whiplash from the Mandarin wave at Ross for $5 today. Only figure they had and the package was shredded, but the figure is intact.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:50 pm 

I stopped at TRU today. The $24.99 tag was on the shelf for the 4 pack, then next to it was a big sale placard-$19.99.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 am 
Mint on Card

Ever since some of you have mentioned finding some IM figures at Ross and Tuesday Morning I've been checking some of my local ones near my office and on the way home and have found some.

I was picking up some Thai Food for the wife out in Fairfield, CA. and I stopped by Ross a couple of weeks ago and I found a lone Mandarin hiding behind some other stuff. Was happy to find it.

Last week I picked up the Iron Man can't remember what it's called but he's #32 at a Tuesday Morning. Unfortunately I think I just missed the Iron Monger there.

Yesterday stopped by a Tuesday Morning in Dublin, CA. and found the Ultimate Iron Man. I love this figure. Think I'll go pick up the Ultimate Cap now from the Captain America line to stand next to him on the shelf. Since I just picked up the Ultimate Iron Man 2 book at a half price books store I was hoping to get that Ultimate IM.

Still haven't found that War Machine or Whiplash. I was on the fence about War Machine but after seeing more pics online and I didn't know the helmet was removeable or replaceable and that clinched it for me.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I keep missing out on Mandarin. I'm finding everything from that final wave except for him.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:52 pm 

I saw these BOGO at TRU today.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:37 am 
Hat Pooper

TRU does have BOGO going on the IM2 line, desperately trying to clear it out, but the TRUs around here never got the last wave. Nobody did. You'd think both Mattel and Hasbro would figure it out that later waves in their lines are simply not getting out to the stores because of bad case packouts, but it keeps happening over and over and over.

Marvel Universe eventually gets out, usually months after it's supposed to, because there are so many peg warmers. IM2... missed the entire last wave. Same thing happened with the IM1 series. On the Mattel side, virtually no stores got any Green Lantern basic figures past the first 9. Only a couple of Walmarts got a wing display that included figures 10-16. No store around here ever received any figure past 16.

When are these companies going to get it through their thick skulls?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am 
Displays Backwards

Cephus wrote:

You're preaching to the choir here, man. If they could just figure out balance and not overload stores with the first waves.

But I think the problem is the stores and the toy companies want to sell way more product than they are actually going to sell in today's world/economy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:44 pm 
Hat Pooper

BCYa wrote:
Cephus wrote:

You're preaching to the choir here, man. If they could just figure out balance and not overload stores with the first waves.

But I think the problem is the stores and the toy companies want to sell way more product than they are actually going to sell in today's world/economy.

But this has been going on for years. They overload stores with tons of single peg-warmer characters in their case loads, never change the case loads, then wonder why later wave orders drop off. Because they have tons of worthless plastic on their pegs that nobody is ever going to buy! We tell them this, they keep doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 pm 

Cephus wrote:
We tell them this, they keep doing it.

Because we are loud but not numerous, so that means we don't know what we are talking about. :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

LordMudd wrote:
Cephus wrote:
We tell them this, they keep doing it.

Because we are loud but not numerous, so that means we don't know what we are talking about. :roll:

CCC.

Truer words were never spoken, sir. Bravo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 pm 
Hat Pooper

Amazingly enough, I stopped in to Target this afternoon and found that not only were the IM2 figures reduced to $6.99, but they had two of the last wave on the pegs, picked up Stark Racing and the Mk V Stealth armors. I figured it would be yet another final wave that I'd never see at retail, but maybe I'm wrong. Off to other local Targets this weekend to see what else I can find.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 am 
Hat Pooper

Nope, went to two other Targets last night and both of them had the exact same two last wave figures. Did those get released in a case pack with a bunch of peg-warmers?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:02 pm 
Displays Backwards

Cephus wrote:
Nope, went to two other Targets last night and both of them had the exact same two last wave figures. Did those get released in a case pack with a bunch of peg-warmers?

I think they were released in a case with one of each of the last four plus some other decent figures, like the drones and movie Whiplash. It's not a horrible peg warmer wave.

For me the only sorta difficult one to find was the Stark Racing Armor. I'm pretty sure this wave is still arriving at Targets, I think I saw a fresh wave put out just the other day. Lemme know if you still can't find them in a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next