Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brave Bold Minis (Action League)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:33 pm 
Aspires to be #1

BCYa wrote:
I love wrestling. I have a ton of WWE figures. I think the Mattel figures are great. So I'm stupid?

You always were my least favorite poster here. Now I have one more reason to think less of you.

I guess Mattel should cater to what you and you alone want, huh?

Yes I think wrestling is stupid. It's a soap opera for males and has many immoral things going on which makes it even worse for kids. It has zero appeal to me. It has nothing to do with the toys. Obviously they sell so why should Mattel stop making them? Good job twisting my words. Now feel free to block my posts and go enjoy some grown men hugging all over each other with no clothes on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:46 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I love Action League. Can't wait to get more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:01 pm 
Resin

j1h15233 wrote:
Good job twisting my words. Now feel free to block my posts and go enjoy some grown men hugging all over each other with no clothes on.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I found the Martian Manhunter wave at the Walmart in Exton, PA on October 14th, along with the 2nd wave of Batman Legacy 6" figure 2-packs. I was there again last week and they still had 1 or 2 of each of the 4 new mini sets left. It's very rare to find a Walmart still carrying these around here but luckily this location isn't too far away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

When is the wave with Plastic Man as a Hang Glider coming out? I only have one action league figure (the single Plastic Man, which I bought in Austria just because I couldn't believe I found a Plastic Man toy in Austria) and don't really know much about them, but I saw a picture of a Plas Action League figure with the Atom or something a few days ago from the NYCC pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

shishalzafrazz wrote:
When is the wave with Plastic Man as a Hang Glider coming out?

We don't know yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:06 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

cool, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:28 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Wave 4 (Martian Manhunter/Deadman, SC Sinestro/SC Arkillo, Batman/Bronze Tiger, Flash/Reverse-Flash) is starting to hit selectively now after a 6 month lag.

Wave 5 (shown at Toy Fair in Feb? SDCC?) is the "Flashpoint" wave and is currently unscheduled.

What was shown at NYCC is Wave 6 (Plas glider w/Atom, Larfleeze w/Glomulus, Hal w/construct, Batman w/?) and will probably not be available until 6 months after wave 5 hits.

This is what has those of us that collect the line so upset.
There is absolutely no need for a lag of this magnitude for a line that is so simple to execute. They have about 4 different "male" bucks that just need a new head and paint app.
These things should be pumped out with a wave every 2-3 months, not 2 waves a year.

At this pace, the line will be dead and buried before anything shown at Toy Fair even gets "the machine turned on"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'm glad wave 4 is finally showing up places. I'll have to check around some time this week. And I forgot about Reverse Flash. I guess that's ANOTHER flash figure I'll have. Maybe I can give out all these extras if anyone comes by on Halloween.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Thats why you watch for the bra an panties matches-- its fine TV ---when grown WOmen are hugging all over each other with no clothes on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

WOo HOO-- Found these last night (glad I didnt overpay for Bronze Tiger on Ebay)

The Arkillo is pretty huge in comparison-- and why give Flash an accessory-- that if he uses he cant stand up.. :x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:02 pm 
Former King of Posts

I wonder why Mattel has not gone after the fans of prior DC shows with this line. I think the cast of Teen Titans Go would make great Action League figures. Since Cyborg is already announced, how about:

Robin and Starfire
Beast Boy and Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:22 pm 
Damage Control

j1h15233 wrote:
BCYa wrote:
I love wrestling. I have a ton of WWE figures. I think the Mattel figures are great. So I'm stupid?

You always were my least favorite poster here. Now I have one more reason to think less of you.

I guess Mattel should cater to what you and you alone want, huh?

Yes I think wrestling is stupid. It's a soap opera for males and has many immoral things going on which makes it even worse for kids. It has zero appeal to me. It has nothing to do with the toys. Obviously they sell so why should Mattel stop making them? Good job twisting my words. Now feel free to block my posts and go enjoy some grown men hugging all over each other with no clothes on.

You realize that Comics are a soap opera for males (and females) and have many immoral things going on which makes it even worse for kids. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it stupid. Am I a fan of modern wrestling, no. But I was a big fan in the 80's and would have loved the battlers when I was that age. I understand the frustration that the wrestling community has a ton of toy opportunities, but you kinda come off sounding like a tool with this rant.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

stewbacca wrote:
Thats why you watch for the bra an panties matches-- its fine TV ---when grown WOmen are hugging all over each other with no clothes on

I was gonna stay out of this, but I gotta bring up this point. And stew, i'm not singling you out or even necessarily saying you're consciously guilty of this, but I do find it fascinating that women are "allowed" to be more gay than men are in our society. Just an observation. Not trying to change the world, hurt anyone's feelings or validate/invalidate modern professional wrestling entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:32 am 
Brand Manager

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I was gonna stay out of this, but I gotta bring up this point. And stew, i'm not singling you out or even necessarily saying you're consciously guilty of this, but I do find it fascinating that women are "allowed" to be more gay than men are in our society. Just an observation.

I was gonna stay out of this but... Did you watch Family Guy last night?
('Cause I'm pretty sure it went there!)

As far as wrestling goes... it's an exhibition sport. But it's pretty awesome live. And I can see why kids love it. They are a "somewhat" modern version of greek mythology. Hercules for instance, had his tests of strength. His Royal Rumbles. But then Vicky Guerrero Hera made him crazy and he killed his family. He made his comeback, and then he retired after "climbing the steel cage to mount olympus". Soon after, another Hero became famous. I believe his name was Achilles. And he had a huge staple of friends, which included a very young Ulysses. Who then took over the Nation of Domination, started talking in the third person, changed his name to Odysseus and then became... the most electrifying man in Greek Mythology.

Oh, yeah... I forgot. For some reason, they also liked to fight naked and bathe with boys. But most people concentrate on the part where Odysseus hid inside the wooden ring, waited for the lights to go off, and then surprised Generation X. Weeeeeird. :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 76  Next