Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: Sale is Now 40% Off
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

the insane sale prices have me less worried than the fact that they havent said ONE SINGLE WORD about this line since they announced the cancellation of the sub. maybe they're biding their time to see how the last few figures sell to decide whether or not to move forward with something like gozer and the dogs, but something tells me the line isnt over. maybe that's just me being overly optimistic, but i have a feeling they're not going to let this line just die with a fizzle. they KNOW how much fans want Gozer & the Terror Dogs. they KNOW how much we want a weapons pack. they know how much we want Janine and the other Scoleri brother. not putting those things out would be like throwing money in the trash. yeah, gozer would be an entirely new sculpt, but weren't dana and louis also? i say if mattel wants to end this line with a little panache and make at least a majority of the fans at least mostly happy, the final unannounced figure should be Janine (I guess since it HAS to be Janine from part 2, she could come with Oscar), they should release an equipment pack with Tony Scoleri as a bonus, and a gozer & terror dogs 3 pack priced at $70-80 as an sdcc 12 exclusive with a rooftop cardboard diorama a la the stay puft packaging. i still think a plain clothes wintson (which would require no new tooling other than possibly an un-vested torso) and a ghost pack with all the ghosts re-released in different colors (again, no new tooling) would be not only a fantastic nod to the the fans, but a great way to recoup some tooling costs for crap like vigo.

anyhow, the sale has me less worried than the total silence. who knows, maybe if the sale goes really well and all the stuff sells through, it'll be an indicator to matty that the line isnt totally a waste of time. 12" peter and ray are already sold out. whatever that actually means.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 am 
Brand Manager

I can tell you that I thought about buying them many times, and I just couldn't avoid it this time. I got the 4 busters (6 inch). :wink:

Anyway, I think that matty making that sale in the same month that a lot of us spent $180 witht he LOSH pack is not helping.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 am 
PVC

So it appears that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is for sale again. Is this correct?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .234245500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 am 
ABS

dougie97 wrote:
So it appears that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is for sale again. Is this correct?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .234245500

Yes, it is correct. They brought back Mr. StayPuft. After his quick sellout during the first day of the sale, Mattel announced that they were going to put more up for sale on 10/18. As far as I know, StayPuft has been in stock ever since. So he sells out during the first day, but then he languishes on Matty's site for the next 2 weeks? I'm beginning to think that this was not just Customer Service Stock but that they actually limited the sale of StayPuft when they were selling the SDCC exclusives on their site on purpose. Then again, maybe these were all from customers who cancelled their orders because Matty took over a month to ship them!

Whatever the reasoning is, the StayPuft Marshmallow Man is back on sale!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm wondering if the Stay-Pufts are a new run. Considering how fast they sold out at SDCC and the first time online maybe they decided to make more. The packaging is more complicated than the figure so depending on where it was manufactured it could be possible...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

The Ghostbusters figures are now 60 percent off at the Matty Halloween sale! :shock:

This is making it very hard to resist!

EDIT

I caved. I was able to get a set of four for $48, with tax and shipping. That's a good deal. Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna put them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:02 pm 

flimmerflog YEAH!!!

Q1. Now that Ghostbusters seems to be coming to a close with the announcement of the subscription being scuttled for 2012, are there any plans to make Terror Dogs or a weapons pack? Obviously rare variants are quickly moving off the table, but to me, and I think a lot of the other core Ghostbusters enthusiasts, not having Gozer and the terror dogs is a little like the issues everyone was having with the uncompleted teams in the dcuc line.

A1.The line is 100% NOT coming to a close. We did need to cut back from 6 to 4 figures for 2012 but there is a big future for the brand.

Q2. Why the huge uproar about the dc club possibly not funding and not even a word was breathed about club ecto-1 being in danger of being cancelled? Seems like if everyone had known that ecto-1 may be in trouble, more people would have joined up. Are there any plans to move forward with the line after the fall 2012 figure, or is that pretty much the end of the line?

A2. Yes, we do have plans to continue GB past 2012, just nothing set 100% to announce right now. The sub going away is not a sign of the line coming to an end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:26 pm 
serves the Otter

We'll see....

Toyfair 2012 better not disappoint.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 pm 

You know, that's fantastic news, but line contiunation or no, I still think the Gozer/Terror Dogs/Rooftop Diorama SDCC exclusive 3 pack idea is KILLER. I mean, Gozer with a diorama was the exclusive THIS year. If my 2 favorite DC superheroes can be the sdcc exclusives for 2 years straight, why cant my 2 favorite incarnations of Gozer be the sdcc exclusives for 2 years straight? Somebody tell me THAT.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am 
Resin

shishalzafrazz wrote:
**** YEAH!!!

Q1. Now that Ghostbusters seems to be coming to a close with the announcement of the subscription being scuttled for 2012, are there any plans to make Terror Dogs or a weapons pack? Obviously rare variants are quickly moving off the table, but to me, and I think a lot of the other core Ghostbusters enthusiasts, not having Gozer and the terror dogs is a little like the issues everyone was having with the uncompleted teams in the dcuc line.

A1.The line is 100% NOT coming to a close. We did need to cut back from 6 to 4 figures for 2012 but there is a big future for the brand.

Q2. Why the huge uproar about the dc club possibly not funding and not even a word was breathed about club ecto-1 being in danger of being cancelled? Seems like if everyone had known that ecto-1 may be in trouble, more people would have joined up. Are there any plans to move forward with the line after the fall 2012 figure, or is that pretty much the end of the line?

A2. Yes, we do have plans to continue GB past 2012, just nothing set 100% to announce right now. The sub going away is not a sign of the line coming to an end.

Umm...yay? Mattel probably paid a considerable amount for the right to make Ghostbusters figures, hoping that the new movie would make the license more profitable, however the supposed-upcoming movie continues to stagnate in development and the figures Mattel has released have apparently been met with an underwhelming response - to such an extent that the sub was cancelled and the line scaled back.

Sales are, in fact, so underwhelming that Mattel decided it wouldn't even be profitable to release a "Weapons Pack" even though the little accessories are straight re-releases. "We did look into this for 2012 and based on the sales of 6″ figures an accessory pack was actually not helping the overall revenue of the line. We’ll certainly look at this again in the future, but the bottom line numbers are just not there right now, even for a pack with no tooling."

And Mattel discounts creating any 100% newly tooled figures. "It would take a huge increase in sales. We currently are working hard to keep the movie style line going [life support]. An animated line would be almost 100% new tooling for each figure and we just don’t have the sales to support that right now for a dedicated 6″ animated line. The movie line is easier to run due to shared tooling and common parts."

So, what on earth could we possibly see? Some more variants and repaints of the Ghostbusters? Removable packs or interchangeable parts (ala Figuarts) would be nice, but realistic? Not so much. With a weapons pack ruled out, with animated characters ruled out, with 100% new tooling ruled out, with the Ecto-1 ruled out, don't get too excited. Unless a movie gets released, and fast, this line is in permanent hospice care. People aren't going to get any more excited without begin given some of the things Mattel said it won't do without a movie, if at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm 

whatever. if the line is moving forward still, what else can they release? i think they know that marshmallow mess walter peck and bbq-dog-dust louis variants aren't going to sell. they may not do an entire new tool for janosh or the mayor or start churning out fright features real ghostbusters, but if the line is still moving forward, there's a good chance we'll see a plain clothes winston, courtroom ray & egon, singly carded gb2 uniform peter and egon, possibly even marshmallow egon, peter & winston variants (which would be pretty lame, i think), and I'd be willing to bet that a newly tooled janine & gozer and the terror dogs are on the way too. possibly even a plain clothes dana or even a plain clothes louis. will we see an ecto-1? i'd guess that's pretty unlikely. will we see a ghosts pack or an equpment pack? i'd say it's a good proabability. if the line's moving forward, the smartest thing to do would be to repack things people have specifically asked for.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:34 am 
Variant Head

Man I scored 3 of the 4 main guys on sale ! Anybody got an extra Winston they would trade for a Venkmen or maybe some loose DCUC ??? I always did like these figures but $20 was too high for me but $8 a piece plus shipping they came out to $10 flat each ! Somebody please help me complete my team !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:20 pm 
5th Horseman

I'm sad that I missed the sale, but I didn't have power for quite a few days that it was going on. I've loved the idea of this line but it was far too pricey for me. 40% off makes them a real steal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yay! I ordered 3 of these at 60% off on Halloween night. Two days later, they shipped from California on its way to Michigan by entering Nevada. Then they went back into California. Then back into Nevada again. Then to Utah. Then up to Wyoming. Then into Nebraska. It's been a week and it's not even halfway here. I think Matty should take my money and buy a GPS for their mule train.

Oh well. It's the journey, not the destination, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:26 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Yeah, that happened to me when I ordered the Mystery Pack. I made sure I went with UPS ground this time. It cost a little more, but iwas a lot quicker!

http://scar1321.blujay.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next