Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: UNOFFICIAL Ghostbusters Thread: Sale is Now 40% Off
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm 
shirtless hugger

I finally got around to my review on the Slimeblower Ray & Cinema Ghost! I didn't want to pick on the figure too much, but I think ended up doing more of that than anything else... :lol:

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=15257

Also got in my sale items and am surprisingly happy with the sixth scale Winston! I don't normally buy in this scale, but Winston is one of my all-time favorite characters and I couldn't pass on $24! I also finally added Vinz to my GB collection and (shamefully) picked up three extra Pete's to equip all my guys with proton streams. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 am 
We're going streaking!

I really should have grabbed an extra Slimeblower Winston so I could swap the head onto my gray suited Ghostbusters II Winston. You picture of the head, sans body, reminded me of that again!

Ah well... on another note, Dan Akroyd said this morning on... one of the Sunday morning programs on CBS... that the future of GB III is currently at a peak! But he also says it has been peaks and valleys (or some such wording) and who knows where it will be tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:19 am 
serves the Otter

Don't trust a word Aykroyd says. He's been making that same promise since the late 90s and it never really pans out. He's always been GB3's biggest cheerleader. Every now and then he likes to make some seemingly official statement like this in the media just to stir things up again, regardless of how realistic its chances are.

So until they begin official production, such as casting or building sets or FILMING, then I remain skeptical that Ghostbusters 3 will ever happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 pm 
We're going streaking!

it's too bad because in this era of remakes -- movies, music, etc. -- I would love to see a GB3 for no other reason than for the older generation to pass the torch to a new generation to begin a new series of movies. I much prefer that to ever seeing a GB remake.

I like the way Star Trek was handled too, but will we ever see that storyline continue?...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

i think it depends on how it's handled, too, though. if the torch is passed to ben stiller and adam sandler and owen wilson and martin lawrence, it will suck all kinds of ass. you gotta have actors who dont just have a schtick. which brings up and interesting thought, too: if there was a new team of 4 ghostbusters, who would you cast? i don't think they necessarily would have to be any age, race or gender. i cant even imagine. i can tell you it would not be ben stiller, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
i think it depends on how it's handled, too, though. if the torch is passed to ben stiller and adam sandler and owen wilson and martin lawrence, it will suck all kinds of ass. you gotta have actors who dont just have a schtick. which brings up and interesting thought, too: if there was a new team of 4 ghostbusters, who would you cast? i don't think they necessarily would have to be any age, race or gender. i cant even imagine. i can tell you it would not be ben stiller, though.

Zooey Deschenell (I just know that I spelled that wrong) would be great. Kal Penn or John Cho, too bad you couldn't have both but then it would just seem to be Harold and Kumar as Ghostbusters. Seth Green would be good. Kristen Bell. Oded Fehir. Will Friedel. Neil Patrick Harris. Amanda Bynes. Trying to think of actors that can play serious and intelligent as well as quirky comedy parts. The new 'busters should be around 25-35, gives them a bit more longevity in the parts in case sequels take off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

well, i think it would be near impossible to get the chemistry right without the original guys in the suits, but i'd be surprised if they actually had them still wearing the packs at all. i mean, ray ran a book store and egon was working in a lab 20 years ago, so it'd be kinda ridiculous to have bill murray running around in his uniform. janine definitely would've had to get a new job by now, so they'd need to have a new secretary. i could see zooey and jonah hill both taking on those roles, with hill being kind of a louis character, although not like louis' son or anything. then again, unless new york and ONLY new york is the most haunted place on earth, I don't see why they'd need to have 2 clerical assistants working at the same time. maybe egon teaches a course on paranormal research at NYU, and some of the students kind of branch out on thier own until some huge shingbling goes down and they need to get the guys' help or something. really, winston is the only one I could see getting back in the uniform though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm 
serves the Otter

Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman are totally infatuated with Judd Apatow and his little troupe of "thespians" these days, so I'd say the next generation of Ghostbusters could easily consist of Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and Bill Hader. To be fair, I kind of like Bill Hader and there's something about him that reminds me of a young SNL-era Dan Aykroyd. I'd hate to see the rest of those choices in GB3 though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

i'd much rather it be hader, hill & rogan than jack black or will ferrel. i think seth rogan and jonah hill have a very natural style of acting and a much broader range than those guys. will ferrel is funnay as long as the universe he exists in is so normal and square and he can be shocked at how weirdly normal it is, when clearly he's the weird part of said universe. also, as much as i love him as george michael bluth, michael cera has never really advanced out of that role, so here's hoping he's not included. that said, i could DEFINITELY see the kid from Napoleon Dynamite as a nerdy paranormal investigator, and long as he's not wheezing "daaaannnnng!" all the time. unfortunately, too many of today's "actors" are all one-trick ponies. i could also see rainn wilson in a new ghostbusters movie, but I don't like that dude at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

maybe will smith will be included. he's got a LOT of experience saving the world from spooky crap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm 
serves the Otter

shishalzafrazz wrote:
maybe will smith will be included. he's got a LOT of experience saving the world from spooky crap.

Wil Smith is too big a name for something like this now and I doubt the studio would want to pay his price tag when they'd also be paying for several other players in a big ensemble cast. He would have been an ideal choice in the mid to late 1990s when GB3 was first rumored, but now? Not a chance.

Besides, if he's going to go slumming, it'll be in Men in Black 3 (which is coming soon anyway) rather than playing second banana in someone else's franchise. Plus he's starting to get a bit too old to be grouped in with the "next generation" of Ghostbusters. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 pm 
We're going streaking!

Like Jim Abell said, it has to be a 25-35 age group to pull it off. And I like the idea of the original guys being in the suits. I know some may not like it, maybe it is a little similar to GB2, but I want the old guys looking a bit silly still wearing the suits. Not down & out like GB2, but down & out tired; weary and fatigued.

Perhaps they encounter one of their successors as a student who purposely takes a Paranormal Investigations class at NYU with Dr. Spengler, being fascinated with his work in the field and as a Ghostbuster. Make this the female of the group.

Perhaps each one of them encounters someone early in the movie; people who have followed their careers, had direct contact with them as a child who was saved by them... or had their home destroyed by them (perhaps a rogue that becomes a villain instead of a possible new GB). Someone each GB brings to the table somehow -- not purposely -- setting the stage for one last movie featuring our favorite Ghostbusters, but setting the stage for the handoff to a new generation, which shows off their new, slick GB uniforms at the end of the movie as a call comes in and they slide down the fire-pole and hop into their modern Ecto-2.

As for the cast, a couple of well-knowns and a couple of up & comers would be nice. I would like to see a girl put on the suit. And no Oscar growing up to be a GB either... yecch to that idea! I like Kristen Bell a lot, but Amanda Bynes might be better for this role.

And maybe we will get some toys out of it too :D (not the female; too much new tooling needed!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Oh, I'm sure a grown-up Oscar will be the main "next gen" Ghostbuster in the group. And he will be played by Shia LeBeouf. :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 pm 
We're going streaking!

shabbyblue wrote:
Oh, I'm sure a grown-up Oscar will be the main "next gen" Ghostbuster in the group. And he will be played by Shia LeBeouf. :P

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

TRDouble wrote:
Perhaps they encounter one of their successors as a student who purposely takes a Paranormal Investigations class at NYU with Dr. Spengler, being fascinated with his work in the field and as a Ghostbuster. Make this the female of the group.

Kristen Whig. She has a broad acting range and really good timing. I think the timing is gonna be clutch, cause that's one of the things that was so great about the first movie and nearly missing entirely from the second. The second one was all poorly executed pg-13 jokes. The first one was all timing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next