Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My AD&D collection (so far)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:13 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Bought my first AD&D piece today; a Loose Complete Warduke!

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Nice, good for you! I won a complete Zorgar with both his knife and club, unplayed with, and a Lich (and extra Spectre in better condition than mine). I bid on the Tiamat that was listed, but it went for $104 and I already spent too much money on toys this month, and I bid on Mettaflame, but he didn't have his Mace, so I wasn't going to pay more than $50 for him, so I got outbid on that as well.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm 

Cool!! the Lich and Spectre are two of my favorite PVCs! Awesome about the Zorgar as well, he has a pretty cool looking club. Lol, yeah, I was watching the Tiamat auction, although I didn't bid. It seems that Tiamat, Mettaflame and the Fortress of Fangs are the Holy Grails to most AD&D collectors, however the one figure I have not been able to find ANYWHERE is the Shield Shooter Ogre King (not a Complete one, at least)! I think that's a pretty nice looking figure, and has the coolest shield next to Mettaflame; in my opinion.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

There was a loose Shield Shooter Ogre for $117 on ebay just recently. The rarest figures are actually the Ogre SS, the Young Male Titan SS, the Northlord SS and the windups. After that probably Tiamat, Mettaflame and Mandoom, Deeth and Hawkler, although I can tell you, I've seen much more Mettflames and Mandooms come up then I have Hawkler and Deeth. Hawkler with all his accessories is a tough find. Oh, and the blue shield Melf/Peralay is exceedingly rare.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree with you there, I've never even seen some of the SS figures or the wind-ups, especially the Tarrasque.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

There's a Tarrasque????

shingbling!

I wanna see this! Can someone post this? Does someone own this? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 am 

Here's a cool website that has a nice AD&D section, I use this for my source whenever I'm looking for stuff online and am unsure if they have all of their accessories. It's a cool site where you can see all of the produced (and some unproduced) AD&D stuff. Enjoy!
http://www.toyarchive.com/DungeonsDragons.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:29 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I don't think the Tarrasque was ever sold. I've talked to numerous people that are authorities on the line about this, it's like the Thundercats Mad Bubbler, one or 2 made as prototypes. And I talked to the guy who had the carded Pernicorn, he said he sold it for somewhere between $8,000-$10,000. I think there's only one carded example known to exist, possibly one loose one. In an interview with an LJN employee, I think possibly in this group, she said she had a Pernicorn (listed it as one of her prize possessions)

@Van Statten, here, the Terrasue is shown in the top pic (same site that was just posted, but here's the exact page):

http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Drag ... sher1.html

Interestingly, the pictures on the top that show all 3 look much different than the real Cave Fisher and Pernicorn. The pernicorn has white legs and orangeish hands while the one on the card is all green, amont other things. My Cave fishers look different than the one in the pic of the 3 on top,taken from the back of the card. (he doesn't have those eyes first of all)

@Evil-ryn, here's the Ogre King SS I was talking about. It's missing it's helmet and it's sword though, and has paint wear and STILL went for $117:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110730809672?ss ... 1423.l2649

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:18 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

My Mandoom arrived!! $40 for a figure of this rarity in this condition was a great price. Everything works fine (the battle mattic and the shield shooter), the legs are as stiff as they were the day they came out the box, it's not dusty at all, he musta cleaned it, all the accessories are nice, just has a tiny dot of missing paint on is right hand. S psyched to get him for this price!!

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Wonderful collection, Else...I'm not too far behind you. Although, I don't think I'll ever be able to own any of the shield shooters.

Dana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:48 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, I'm not really a completist usually, except I feel compelled to eventually complete this line (and my Starriors collection is almost complete minus the Transfer rings, the base and a couple parts). At least I plan to get Hawkler, Deeth and Mettaflame and the Bendies I don't yet have. Maybe one day I'll score the other 3 Shield Shooters for a decent deal. I occasionally sell off newer toys that have gone way up in value, sometimes I get a really good price, and I usually spend that on a more expensive figure...

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

*I really have to take new pics since I rearranged some of the figures and have gotten a few more since the last pic.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

else3573 wrote:
My Mandoom arrived!! $40 for a figure of this rarity in this condition was a great price.

Yes, it absolutely is! Nice work, Else! Really exciting addition to your collection!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Added Chimera and Hydra to my collection. Now I have all the bendies, almost all of
the PVC figures except Bug Bear and Terrible Troll (who, like I said before, I really don't care for) and the Book Of Magic accessory and 2 of the little goblins accessories (if anyone has a Book of Magic they'd like to sell, please PM me) , all of the first wave of figures, 5 of wave 2, all of the dragons/horses except Tiamat, as well as a loose and carded Cavefisher. The problem is, now, I have barely any room on my AD&D shelf, certainly not enough for a Tiamat, even if I get a Metta Flame, Hawker and Deeth, they will be a tight squeeze. This collection has been really fun to build though, great line, cheap figures as well as expensive ones (but not really crazily expensive, and you can get good deals if you wait it out), lost of accessories, etc. I can't believe I started with a loose, beat up Minotaur I found at the thrift store..

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 pm 
5th Horseman

I have to admit this line is way cool, and I am still collecting it although it has taken a back seat to the Classic He-Man at the min and the New Thundercats, however it looks like the Thundercats are drying up seeing Bandai doesn't seem to have anything coming out at the min, so my attention will swing back to these.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next