Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Green Lantern series
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 am 
ABS

Whole Series 4 is up at figureoftheday.com, if you were interested in getting all 4 you can get them for about $13.75 each. Even with that deal I cant get myself to buy it for a repaint and a swapped out head. Stel looks pretty cool though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 pm 
Former King of Posts

And now I present you with the newest Green Lantern of Earth Sector ... Sinestro ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 pm 
ABS

superfriend wrote:
And now I present you with the newest Green Lantern of Earth Sector ... Sinestro ?

Well looks like I changed my mind and ended up preordering all of wave 5, having Sinestro next to Soranik is going to look awesome :mrgreen: Not to mention having this sinestro next to his yellow and white counterparts :D Not sure how I feel on his color though, always liked him as more of a purple color.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Former King of Posts

So awesome I had to use the Blog to get this picture to a wider audience.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm 
Displays Backwards

GL Series 5 is currently due December 21st, if anyone was wondering.

I think my store sold three sets of Wave 4, except for the green Hals. Nobody seemed to want those - I don't know why Mattel and DC Direct insist on making them. Somebody somewhere must like them - I just felt bad when I told my buddy at the store I didn't want him and they already had a couple sitting out. Then again, that was Day One, maybe they've sold like hotcakes since then.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm 
ABS

BCYa wrote:
GL Series 5 is currently due December 21st, if anyone was wondering.

I think my store sold three sets of Wave 4, except for the green Hals. Nobody seemed to want those - I don't know why Mattel and DC Direct insist on making them. Somebody somewhere must like them - I just felt bad when I told my buddy at the store I didn't want him and they already had a couple sitting out. Then again, that was Day One, maybe they've sold like hotcakes since then.

Cant wait :mrgreen: personally after looking over the pics, Soranik and Guy have really grown on me so Im glad I preordered the whole wave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 pm 
Displays Backwards

Well, apparently Series 5 is coming out next week, December 14. Just seven days to go for Warth!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:38 pm 
active in the community

that will be nice. but i honestly wont be suprised to see them pushed back till the week of X-mas. :( we shall see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Picked up Green Lantern Series 5 today. Guy Gardner and Soranik are awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Finally got back in to the LCS and picked up Blackest Night box set, GL series 4, and GL series 5!

Phew! (thanks for the GC family.)

Some quick thoughts ...

* The neon pink on Fatality really stands out and makes her eyes look a bit possessed. Strangely, I like it, but can easily see how it would turn off others.

* Munk is a nice figure (and apparently ready to party, wink wink nudge nudge), but I agree he needs his staff.

* The Hal is exactly as expected, a nice comic-accurate repaint.

* BL Blue Beetle is probably my favorite in the box and the reason I pre-ordered the damn thing in the first place.

GL series 4 is a nice assortment with some odd problems. I'll quickly be dumping the "power glow" Hal (pm me if anyone is interested).

* Stel is nice but feels like a let down in comparison to the DCUC version.

* Arkis Chummuk is a great new addition to the Corp and I'm glad to have him.

* Red Lantern Guy is, again, my favorite. I love the little details (like the fact that he is wearing both his red and green rings, and that the Chainsaw is a nice solid accessory that looks truly menacing in his hands!

GL Series 5 is the box, out of all of this, that I was looking forward to the most! Why? because it has ...

* WARTH!!! I love how solid the figure feels. The metal earings are a nice touch as are the trunk tatoos. The belly joint is a bit odd and functions on the wonky side but still, I am so happy to have this figure.

* GL Soranik. Again, another great addition to the Corp. I love her. But really now, this GL figure got some junk in her trunk ...

* GL Sinestro... not sure what to think of this one. Not sure I want to keep him, but I'm not ready to let him go just yet. I guess it depends on how the current storylines play out, but to me, Sinestro really needs to be Yellow...

* GL Guy ... I love the paint app on this one, but I just don't need another guy that is essentially a new head sculpt. I've already got the "bowl cut" with the JLI display and the "faux-hawk" with the GL display. This more exaggerated sneer just isn't selling me. I'm almost definitely going to let this one go ...

Over all, I'm happy with the sets. Glad I bought them all. With only 2, possibly 3 figures out of 12 that I'm not keeping, I really don't have any complaints about the funds I put into the figures.

However, I have noticed recently, that DCD is using some new plastic for the more human character heads that make everyone look like a Wax Museum version of themselves. Its a bit unsettling and I hope that they explore a different plastic option for future releases as I am really turned off by the finished look of the figures faces. I first noticed it in the Blackest Night line with, I think, Blue Flash, and now it just seems like it is everywhere.

Beware my power ... and all that.

Couldn't have said it better myself.