Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: “New” Stealth Strike Batman The Brave and The Bold vehicles
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

I picked up two “new” Stealth Strike Batman The Brave and The Bold vehicles. Asphalt Assault Batcycle and Sky Force Batjet. Both are repainted reissues from The Batman series. That’s a little odd considering the different scales between Brave and the Bold and The Batman

The Asphalt Assault Batcycle is a reuse of The Batcycle from The Batman first series in 2004 with a new BTBatB head with a helmet on it. The wrap around faring is translucent blue, not black like the original and the wheels are a light shade of sliver, not dark gray.

The Sky Force Batjet is a reuse of the Dragon Fire from The Batman EXP series in 2005 with a slight retool as the EXP Key is not included and slot it went into on top of the Dragon Fire is no longer there, replaced by a new fin. What is red was blue on the original.

Makes me wonder what other The Batman vehicles Mattel might be reusing for the Stealth Strike series.

Post subject: Re: “New” Stealth Strike Batman The Brave and The Bold vehic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:12 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Thanks for the info,sometimes it's difficult to know what is released in these BATB lines.Just today I saw a Stealth Strike Scuba Assualt Batman on Amazon.I'll keep on the lookout for these.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:00 pm 
Collector Inspector

One of the highlights of the B:BatB line was that the vehicles could actually fit and be used by the figures.
They were not just giant hotwheels with the characters (not even figures) already molded on like what The Batman had.
I hated those things. They were just no fun.
Sad to see that this line has went down this path.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:24 pm 
shirtless hugger

B:TBatB figures are shorter and a little stockier than The Batman figures. They are both about the same width so Mattel could reuse some of The Batman vehicles and B:TBatB figures would fit in them.