Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: The Character you have always wanted but was never relea
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 pm 
5th Horseman

Ok A few of my wants:

1) All of the Marvel Star Wars Characters that were unique (Jaxxon and his Gang (Even though I made customs of them), Cody Sunnchilde, etc.)
2) MOTU in 4" scale (hopefully someday)
3) A decent 4" DCU Line (Apparently it's beyond Mattel to do this)
4) Symbiotech (From the 4H)
5) A new upto date Original Battlestar Galactica 4" line
6) New upto date Micronauts line in 4", hell you can even use the Marvel Characters in this as well
7) Alien Legion figure line (would love it to be in 4" scale)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 pm 
Cold-cast

Off the top of my head

1) The playmates original series star trek bridge. Yeah yeah, I know it's not a figure, but the old E is her own character. Just ask Scotty. :mrgreen:

2) MOTU 4". I've been waiting for that one since the 80's.

3) Original Thundercats in 4".

4) Dr. Who in 4".

5) Napoleonic wars/Revolutionary War/Civil War/ Spanish American War/Alamo/ etc in 4". Articulated about as much as the 80's gi joes would be plenty fine for me.

6) Dragonlance specifically, but D&D in general in 4".

7) A short line of the most famous real pirates in 4" would be nice too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Titan Speck wrote:
Off the top of my head
4) Dr. Who in 4".

Oh God my wallet is groaning across the room and the credit card is trying to leave for Mexico... If that happened... I'd be broke and living out of a box...

And I guarantee, if they did 4" scale we still wouldn't get more variety in characters, that would be the irony! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 am 
MINT!

Titan Speck wrote:
Off the top of my head

1) The playmates original series star trek bridge. Yeah yeah, I know it's not a figure, but the old E is her own character. Just ask Scotty. :mrgreen:

Yes please. I would sell my Xbox if that came out because all the fun to be had is on the Enterprise.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 am 
shirtless hugger

I'll second Darkwing Duck Wave 2.

Also, pretty much any character that didn't get made from BTAS, STAS, TNBA, Batman Beyond, and JLU. In that universe, I really want a Zeta figure -- I've got a half-finished custom that I need to push forward on. To continue, Static Shock, Gear, and any villains from Static Shock.

Big Guy and Rusty, the Boy Robot -- I'd like a 12-inch Big Guy with appropriate-size Rusty that also holds Duane. Plus some monsters, but I could use monsters from other lines.

Men in Black: The Animated Series -- Everybody.

Jackie Chan Adventures -- Everybody (without crappy action features).

I could go on all day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 am 
MINT!

I remember a few years back, there were gonna be Watchmen figures based on the comic but was canceled last minute. I'd love to have that set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:46 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

potatojoe wrote:
I remember a few years back, there were gonna be Watchmen figures based on the comic but was canceled last minute. I'd love to have that set.

Oh yeah for the Silver Anniversary and then Alan Moore threw a hissy fit asking who celebrates a silver anniversary...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:52 pm 
MINT!

Van Statten wrote:
potatojoe wrote:

Oh yeah for the Silver Anniversary and then Alan Moore threw a hissy fit asking who celebrates a silver anniversary...

I would have loved those too. I liked the movie figures, but they weren't spectacular and still no comic designs. Is a kind of flabby Nite Owl in grey spandex really so much to ask for?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:29 pm 
MINT!

This may be borderline illegal for this topic... but I don't care.

I'd really love some Ninja Turtles that really accurately capture the live action movies. I know they had the "Movie Stars" series of figures, and they were good, but weren't very accurate. The faces and proportions were still very toony on the figures and the accessories left much to be desired.

I want some super-articulated figures, modeled to the exact specifications of the movies. Those are my dream figures.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 pm 
3 3/4"

a 1:18th scale Deathlok and Machine man, probably two of my all time faves (still possible though)

4 inch He-Man would rock.

4 inch LOTR

Johnny-5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Top 3 for me at the moment and doubtful that they'd ever see the light of day since NECA refuses to do ANY character outside of the villain/monster for this series-

Nancy Thompson from "A Nightmare on Elm Street"- in her trademark PJs (she is the only one on this list that has had some plastic representation in the past, but Mezco's tub figure (which I do love) just makes her a victim when she is arguably the series' most memorable heroine.)

Taryn White from "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors"- in her "beautiful and bad" punk/leather/mohawk gear.

Alice Johnson from "A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master"- in her fnial battle outfit from when she has to face Freddy in the church.

Those are my three main wants for the Elm Street line at the moment, but if I had to pick one, it would be Nancy. I just don't get why NECA has done more than one character for pretty much all of their other lines but only Freddy for this one. Frustrating.

Val

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

GreenArrow wrote:
Ok A few of my wants:

1) All of the Marvel Star Wars Characters that were unique (Jaxxon and his Gang (Even though I made customs of them), Cody Sunnchilde, etc.)
2) MOTU in 4" scale (hopefully someday)
3) A decent 4" DCU Line (Apparently it's beyond Mattel to do this)
4) Symbiotech (From the 4H)
5) A new upto date Original Battlestar Galactica 4" line
6) New upto date Micronauts line in 4", hell you can even use the Marvel Characters in this as well
7) Alien Legion figure line (would love it to be in 4" scale)

From your list:
1) yeah, for sure!!! Jaxxon all the way baby! Baron Tagge, Valance, Plif, a revised red cape Lando without those #$!%! swivel elbows and a removable cape this time... loved those Marvel SW characters.
2) even though I've never collected MotU, if Mattel did them in SA and 4", I'd start collecting!
3) same as 2) give the DCU to Hasbro to handle and not Mattel, and I will buy, buy buy...
5) Sweet jingle yes... the money would flow out of my paypal account so fast...
6) Now that Hasbro has bought the rights to make Micronauts, I know this will be a reality someday... but will skip it totally if it turns out to be only based on some Michael Bay-reimaging of the Micronauts (blech).

And yeah, if they do 4" Dr Who, my bank account will go bust. But what a great chance for someone to finally do a decent Sontaran!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm 
Wonderdog

Folks who have heard me whine about this obscure DC character will groan when I mention him yet again, but I would kill for Ultra, the Multi-Alien from "Mystery in Space." I loved that character when I was a kid -- I loved ALL of the DC space heroes and heroines from the 1960's -- and I would go nuts to have Ultra on my shelf. I hope someday to have enough walking-around money to get a JLU-style custom of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:39 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Tom2814 wrote:
Folks who have heard me whine about this obscure DC character will groan when I mention him yet again, but I would kill for Ultra, the Multi-Alien from "Mystery in Space." I loved that character when I was a kid -- I loved ALL of the DC space heroes and heroines from the 1960's -- and I would go nuts to have Ultra on my shelf. I hope someday to have enough walking-around money to get a JLU-style custom of him.

That's an awesome choice.
That was the only DC comics I was reading when I was a kid - the Sci Fi stuff.
I thought Ultra was rad, and he'd make such a cool toy.

Me, I want a Songbird, in Marvel Legends preferably.
She's a cool character and better yet, an great design. her modern look is soo cool-looking and, again, would make such a great toy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:43 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I had heard it rumored a while back but I haven't heard any new news of it, but Repo! The Genetic Opera action figures would make my life.

Stokely and Casey (The Faculty)
Dr. Horrible cast (excluding the maquettes that were already made)
Hobo (Hobo With a Shotgun)
Cast of The Big Bang Theory (it just makes sense!)

I'm sure there are so many more I can't think if st the moment...