Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Did these Ninja Turtles ever exist?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:10 am 
MINT!

When the TMNT 25th anniversary was in full swing I remember being off the wall excited about 2 things more than any. The NECA Turtles figures and then these figures by playmates...

The thing is, I now have the NECA ones but can't find anything on these other Turtles. The only articles I can dig up are from when they were announced, there is nothing on eBay and whenever I search "25th anniversary ninja turtles" or the like, I only find the figures that were re-releases of the original Playmates line.

I don't know how it happened but I must have been so excited about the NECA ones that I let these slip under my radar. Does anyone know if these ever saw the light of day?

Post subject: Re: Did these Ninja Turtles ever exist?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 pm 
MINT!

Sorry, I just found what I was looking for after a day of searching.

From Wikipedia: "In January 2009, to commemorate the Turtles' 25th anniversary, Playmates re-released the first series of figures circa 1988, plus Slash and the Party Wagon. Each figure comes packaged with vintage card art and a DVD containing one episode of the 1987 cartoon series.[4] A separate series of totally new designs was also planned but not released by Playmates. These figures are based on early Mirage comics and include Splinter, Shredder, and a Foot Soldier among the four Turtles in red apparel. These turtles were first unveiled in the Nintendo Power magazine."

It's sad that these figures never saw production. The Turtles looked great and I would have loved to see how the other characters would have come out. Guess I'll just have to be happy that the NECA ones exist (and don't get me wrong. They are my favorite ever).

Sorry for the useless topic. It can be deleted or removed, ect. I didn't think I was going to find my answer at the bottom of Wikipedia.

Post subject: Re: Did these Ninja Turtles ever exist?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Yeah I followed this whole saga pretty closely over at the site (including being the first to post pics of the turtles) but it never came to be. Mirage and Playmates were having a lot of issues.