Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thank you, Save The JLU Campaign!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:46 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Well, at first I couldn't decide if I should thank you or curse you but I decided "thank you" matched my mood more.

We aren't out of the woods yet and so far what has been promised has just been talk, but this discussion would NOT be taking place if Mattel hadn't seen there is a small, but VERY solid and loyal baseline for the final figures. And no-one has shown Mattel that more than the Save The JLU Facebook campaign.

Here's a friendly suggestion: do NOT stop the campaign. Since we found out in the interview with Julius Marx that these will NOT all be coming at once, the campaign needs to keep going until we have Dr. Destiny, Firefly and Volcana in our hands.

And finally, thank you Scott/ToyGuru. Even if the final figures DON'T somehow get released, JLU, the line, had a great run. It wouldn't have lasted as long as it did without you personally keeping it on life support after the show went off the air. It's amazing what we got after the show was canceled and even if I'm not happy about the prices of the potential three packs I know that you are a good guy who listens to the fans. Good on you.

UPDATE!

The campaign was a success! Per Toyfair we will be getting the final siz packs with Dr. Destiny and Firefly included in the Toyman pack this fall for only $30 each instead of 50! I want to express my deepest gratitude again for the Save The JLU Campaign and everybody who made this possible. And a special shout-out to ToyGuru who finally found a way to make this happen. The haters heads must be exploding. Thank you everyone! You guys rock!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Last edited by Fone Bone on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Thank you, Save The JLU Campaign!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:04 pm 
AFA Graded

Save the JLU, is the greatest.

We need to make new fliers and send them out again for the remaining JLU.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:33 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I don't post on Mattel much at all anymore but I read the front article and I will give Mattel 5 stars. They at least try to explain to fans why this is this and this is that. Hasbro couldn't give a rats a** about explaining anything. Mattel, you are okay with me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:55 am 
PVC

First off, Save The JLU is cool as hell for at least trying to do something to keep this thing going. Lord knows I haven't so kudoes.

Secondly, i gotta comment on this next bit just 'cause I was so amused by it. I'm conscious that it's not really germaine to the converstion though so please don't let it derail the thread.

billydj wrote:
I don't post on Mattel much at all anymore but I read the front article and I will give Mattel 5 stars. They at least try to explain to fans why this is this and this is that. Hasbro couldn't give a rats a** about explaining anything. Mattel, you are okay with me.

Lol. I'm totally not trying to diss your interpretation of events billydj but I've rarely felt like Mattel has made an honest effort to explain anything to me with concrete or sometimes even factual information/Q&A answers. Maybe we're reading different things. Aren't the Matty Q&A's at least kind of a running joke by in large or is that just how I've been taking them?

Anyways, thumbs up to whoever is behind Save The JLU.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:44 am 
Aspires to be #1

MYXLPLYX wrote:
First off, Save The JLU is cool as hell for at least trying to do something to keep this thing going. Lord knows I haven't so kudoes.

Secondly, i gotta comment on this next bit just 'cause I was so amused by it. I'm conscious that it's not really germaine to the converstion though so please don't let it derail the thread.

billydj wrote:

Lol. I'm totally not trying to diss your interpretation of events billydj but I've rarely felt like Mattel has made an honest effort to explain anything to me with concrete or sometimes even factual information/Q&A answers. Maybe we're reading different things. Aren't the Matty Q&A's at least kind of a running joke by in large or is that just how I've been taking them?

Anyways, thumbs up to whoever is behind Save The JLU.

Just curious, but what about that front page interview seems dishonest or not forthcoming to you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:53 pm 
active in the community

What TG discussed seemed clearcut and to the point.Take it or leave it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Bumped for obvious reasons.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Not trying to hate or anything but I'm giving the credit to Scott on this one. Kudos for all you guys that did this though. He went to bat for the fans 100%. Not saying this didn't help but this was all TG imo.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:34 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Nice job fellas!
I'd love to hear a quote right from Toyguru just so he can show up and take a bow.
Thank you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:36 am 
shirtless hugger

We didn't do anything. I mean, we did do stuff, but who knows how much of an impact it had. There's only so much posting on Facebook you can do. This victory belongs solely to ToyGuru as far as I'm concerned.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

Joe G. wrote:
We didn't do anything. I mean, we did do stuff, but who knows how much of an impact it had. There's only so much posting on Facebook you can do. This victory belongs solely to ToyGuru as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. We obviously didn't make much of a dent in their sales numbers, but we did show them another avenue where we could be loud and voice our support. Not to mention, we uncovered some amazingly talented artists who helped us with all of our promotional images. It was a lot of fun. We may have to rename the page now into a JLU fan page or something :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am 
Wonderdog

j1h15233 wrote:
Just curious, but what about that front page interview seems dishonest or not forthcoming to you?

Where can I find this interview that people keep talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 am 
Collector Inspector

Joe G. wrote:
This victory belongs solely to ToyGuru as far as I'm concerned.

I think it helped, though, that TG could say "Look at the grass roots marketing and general support these 'few but loud' JLU fans are doing. There IS a reason to go ahead and sell these on MattyCollector."

Thanks to all who helpedmake this happen, especially Toy Guru!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 am 
Aspires to be #1

ed case wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Where can I find this interview that people keep talking about?

It was on the AFI homepage a while back. You'll have to go back through the posts searching for it. It's probably an even more interesting read now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

www.youtube.com/watch?v=acei5lM8VyM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1QQ8OXGhc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RYOmA9nDTA

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".