Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Infinite Earths Club Wish List (for 2013)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

As I predicted there are so many characters with minimal votes and not many with alot. After 20 waves most of the big names have been done so now we get the C listers and variants which are all over the place. I see the sub not doing very well next year as people will get mad they are buying characters they have no interest in. Hate to be negative but that is how I see it going down.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 am 
Aspires to be #1

ian5555 wrote:
As I predicted there are so many characters with minimal votes and not many with alot. After 20 waves most of the big names have been done so now we get the C listers and variants which are all over the place. I see the sub not doing very well next year as people will get mad they are buying characters they have no interest in. Hate to be negative but that is how I see it going down.

I think the sub, combined with the All Star line at retail can run a solid 2-3 years before we're pretty much out of a common "must have" character. Even if people aren't requesting them, there are still several team finishers, big name villains and fringe heroes to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I know that I represent a minority here, but I can't imagine that they will ever put out a DC Character that I will out and out say NO to.

Granted, things like Flashpoint Plastic Man give me serious cause for concern and a ton of bewilderment, but they could literally go page by page through every iteration of Who's Who and make every single character in every single costume variant and I'd be in line to buy it (maybe not always first in line but I'll be there...).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 am 
declined to be a vampire

MoMoney wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:
I'm regretting buying the sub now.

We don't know anything more about it now than we did when we bought them.

Because over the last 3-4 months I've lost faith that mattel has any idea what they are doing now with the DC lines.

Everyone keeps saying that Retail and this Sub are completely different, but I just don't see the horrid decisions made (IMO) thus far on DCUC/DC All Stars not spilling over into the subs.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

I think the sub, combined with the All Star line at retail can run a solid 2-3 years before we're pretty much out of a common "must have" character. Even if people aren't requesting them, there are still several team finishers, big name villains and fringe heroes to do.

Well, through the 2 waves listed at the DC All Star and 8 figures, I'm only interested in 2-3 of them.

The sub figures announced so far, I really only want 1 or 2 of them...I sprung on it for the hope that it would happen, and that maybe I'd see some figures down the road I want. The Optimist wants me to say WOOO HANG ON, the Pessimist says "it'll sucks"...and the realist says "use your head and observations of what has been happening do decide"

I'll just dump the figures I don't want, I just hate dealing with it for right now.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:18 am 
declined to be a vampire

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I know that I represent a minority here, but I can't imagine that they will ever put out a DC Character that I will out and out say NO to.
Granted, things like Flashpoint Plastic Man give me serious cause for concern and a ton of bewilderment, but they could literally go page by page through every iteration of Who's Who and make every single character in every single costume variant and I'd be in line to buy it (maybe not always first in line but I'll be there...).

A few years ago, at 10-11 bucks a pop, absolutely. But poor QC and increasing prices have made it much easier to pass on Black supergirl repaint and Flashpoint plastic man.

Now, I will say it is obvious that Mattel has listened some, as the poses in the last few waves haven't been near as harmful to the bodies. But it's still there. What happens when we get our sub figure with stuck joins or loose legs, etc?

I've lost faith. Sorry that it's so negative :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm torn. For the most part, the selection for DC All-Stars has been terrible.

But since there's no CnC piece now, I can happily ignore evil Plastic Man and the various repaints.

So I'm less excited, but I'm saving money. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'm not judging anything until we get more IE announcements. So far, they're hitting the sub out of the park for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm not crazy about the All Star line up, which makes me happier I got the sub. I'll probably pick up some of the "New 52" designed big guns, but I'm comforted knowing that Jay and Ivy and the like should be coming to my door

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
5th Horseman

I hope to God Mattel is paying attention. If they drop a few surprises ( a Rocket Red over-sized, a Platinum/Tin two pack, and Granny Goodness). I don't think they'd have any problems locking in subs next year. It'll show they get it and will earn mountains of goodwill and faith from their customers.

There. New year, optimistic Ted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 am 
serves the Otter

AnimateTed wrote:
I hope to God Mattel is paying attention. If they drop a few surprises ( a Rocket Red over-sized, a Platinum/Tin two pack, and Granny Goodness). I don't think they'd have any problems locking in subs next year. It'll show they get it and will earn mountains of goodwill and faith from their customers.

Sadly, with the struggle to get that subscription going this year combined with the lackluster interest in the new retail line, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother doing the subscription again for a 2nd year and just focus on retail instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 am 
Aspires to be #1

shabbyblue wrote:
AnimateTed wrote:

Sadly, with the struggle to get that subscription going this year combined with the lackluster interest in the new retail line, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother doing the subscription again for a 2nd year and just focus on retail instead.

That doesn't make sense. Why would they give up the sub to focus on retail if people don't like what's happening at retail?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:10 pm 
Former King of Posts

You are asking for logic? How long have you been here ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: DCUC Infinite Earths Club Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:26 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

So here's what we've been able to knock off the list for the Club in 2012/13...

The Superfly wrote:
Heroes

6 Phantom Stranger
4 Blue Lantern Saint Walker
4 Flash (Wally West)
4 Platinum
4 Uncle Sam
3 John Constantine
2 Tin

Villains

8 Mirror Master
6 Orange Lantern Larfleeze

Oversize

16 Rocket Red
9 Elongated Man (classic, w/ attachments)
3 Lead
2 Monsieur Mallah & Brain

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: DCUC Infinite Earths Club Wish List (for 2013/2014)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You forgot Elasti-Girl. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next