Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kmart?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 pm 
my tummy itches

Hello everybody. I just went to my local kmart and they had alot of old dcuc? I was surprised. Have you found any old dcuc figures there? I got a green steppenwolf and they had a martian manhunter and several more that have lost my memory. :p

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post subject: Re: Kmart?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The last time I was at my nearest KMart I saw alot of wave 13 only.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

So not surprised!

When I ran my K-Mart toy department... this was oh probably about 10 years ago... their DC sucked! I would get cases of Star Wars figures that were O L D while other outlets were getting new merchandise. I'm not surprised by this, I'm still hearing they're running shop the same way they did when I was employed there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

The local K-Mart here is closing down (I think many across the country are) and I asked a manager if there would be any close outs or sales in the toy department. He said there might be but the focus was to ship their stock to their distribution center and send them out to their remaining stores. Something to think about if you do see older figures at your store.

Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first Bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The rumors I hear at retail is by 2013 all K-Marts will be done and everything will be integrated back into Sears. If this is true would be nice to see Sears with a toy department once again.

It's only a rumor though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

20% off all toys this week. Will probably go down on the coming weeks as the store gets closer to shutting down. I was able to pick up a DCU Cheetah, modern and silver age, and a Katma Tui for $9.99 each.

Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first Bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 am 
Collector Inspector

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go see if I can get a Steppenwolf for $9.99 today. I've largely ignored the 4th World in my DCUC collecting. I've even seen some batmites hanging around. Kmart was pretty good this year, getting GLC1, 2 and DCUC 16 and 17. I'm going to miss Kmart. I love Kmart. They always have good deals on clothes and a wider selection in some departments. I don't like Target. I always feel like I'm in an over-priced boutique store. All image and pizzaz. I just a want warm meal at a fair price.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:38 am 
declined to be a vampire

Don't know if they are all going to close, but it's not looking good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162- ... rs-stores/

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Since it's sort of related, here's a list of Sears and K-Marts closing this year...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/florida-h ... 53249.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:50 am 
declined to be a vampire

Indy has at least 3 K-Mart stores that I know of that are within 10 minutes of my house. I'm sure the west side of town has some too. I'm shocked that they are only closing 1 store here in Indy. I wonder which one it is though.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Hmmm. According to that list, Arizona is off the hook. I'm kinda surprised by that. There are two Kmarts I occasionally hit (we're talking maybe every other month). Never one seems particularly busy, and both of their toy sections look like December 26th all year round.

Pretty much the only time I hit a Kmart is when they have an exclusive I want (or when they get a wave first, like with the first Batman: Legacy series).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:27 pm 
my tummy itches

Yeah it's always the day after christmas at mine too. You should see the prices on the green lantern stuff. Like 3 bucks for deluxe figures.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?